2nd debate will be virtual (Update: Trump backs out)

TitanTiger

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I know you're a zealot, but I have to ask based on your response.

How was it out of character?  Show me just one scheduled debate that he's ever ducked.  This whole idea that Biden wouldn't show up is a made up fantasy that some of you bought hook, line, and sinker.

I bought nothing. I based my opinion that he wouldn't show up to debate on his spending the better part of three months cowering in his basement and refusing to face the American people. I suppose when his handlers realized what a unacceptable loser they were stuck with for VP, Biden had to be briefed and brought out into the sunlight as the lesser of two poor choices.

12 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Joe didn't make the rules.  He's just playing by the rules laid out for both candidates.  The only wimp here is Trump.

The rules were changed and the change favored the Dem's misinformation propaganda that it's dangerous to stick your nose outside due to the virus. President Trump saw that crap-trap and declined, as he should have done.

6 hours ago, kennypowers said:

By more confident, do you mean more racist?

I do believe President Trump has done more solid things for minorities than any President in recent memory. The Enterprise Zones, permanent help to HBCU's, lowest minority unemployment in history, on and on.  I don't get the racist claims because the facts don't bear them out.

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I bought nothing. I based my opinion that he wouldn't show up to debate on his spending the better part of three months cowering in his basement and refusing to face the American people. I suppose when his handlers realized what a unacceptable loser they were stuck with for VP, Biden had to be briefed and brought out into the sunlight as the lesser of two poor choices.

Not wanting to encourage the spread of a disease is now cowering?  OK then.

And yes, you bought the line.  Again I ask: show me one time in his history that Biden has ducked a debate.  I'll wait.

25 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not wanting to encourage the spread of a disease is now cowering?  OK then.

And yes, you bought the line.  Again I ask: show me one time in his history that Biden has ducked a debate.  I'll wait.

I expected him to duck the debate because he ducked the public for three months. Nobody had to read "the line" somewhere to figure that out. I do think he'd still be cowering were Harris not such a weakness.

Why yes, staying in one's basement is cowering when grocery clerks, truckers, mechanics and other normal folks are going about their normal day. Some choose to wear a mask, others don't. If you're not in a nursing home in some state controlled by Democrats this bug doesn't have to be that big of a deal. Got some second condition that might make the bug more dangerous to you? Then act accordingly. Don't have such a condition? Then rock on, the beaches are open and it's getting to the time of year when the oysters are tasty.

26 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I expected him to duck the debate because he ducked the public for three months. Nobody had to read "the line" somewhere to figure that out. I do think he'd still be cowering were Harris not such a weakness.

Why yes, staying in one's basement is cowering when grocery clerks, truckers, mechanics and other normal folks are going about their normal day. Some choose to wear a mask, others don't. If you're not in a nursing home in some state controlled by Democrats this bug doesn't have to be that big of a deal. Got some second condition that might make the bug more dangerous to you? Then act accordingly. Don't have such a condition? Then rock on, the beaches are open and it's getting to the time of year when the oysters are tasty.

Still waiting for you to show me once in his history where Biden ducked a debate.  Otherwise your reasoning is and was foolish.

And you're right.  The virus isn't a big deal.  It's only killed over 200,000 Americans and counting since February.  That's only the total amount of American deaths in World War 1, the Korean War, and Vietnam War combined.  No big whoop, right?

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

The rules were changed

Because President "I Don't Need No Science" got the Rona and doesn't need to be around other people, the candidates wouldn't be there in person.  Other than that, the "rules" of the debate are the same.  He was just looking for an excuse.

and the change favored the Dem's misinformation propaganda that it's dangerous to stick your nose outside due to the virus. President Trump saw that crap-trap and declined, as he should have done.

The change was simply that Typhoid Mary needs to not be in a room with a bunch of other people right now.  Perhaps it should cause a light bulb to come on for you if following standard medical advice for infectious diseases favors the Dems.  Maybe if Trump wouldn't make stupid decisions, he and and his lackies wouldn't have almost turned the WH into a superspreader.

He wimped out.  It's a pretext so he can blame others for his free fall in the polls.

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Still waiting for you to show me once in his history where Biden ducked a debate.  Otherwise your reasoning is and was foolish.

And you're right.  The virus isn't a big deal.  It's only killed over 200,000 Americans and counting since February.  That's only the total amount of American deaths in World War 1, the Korean War, and Vietnam War combined.  No big whoop, right?

200,000 and we're using far stricter counting measures than the estimates we use to come up with yearly flu deaths.  But folks got Dr. Facebook and randos on YouTube to tell them the real "truth" and won't listen.

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Still waiting for you to show me once in his history where Biden ducked a debate. Otherwise your reasoning is and was foolish.

History has nothing to do with it, there hasn't been a virus excuse available to Biden before now. You are swinging and missing. This time he had an excuse and had been ducking out of public appearances on the silliest of pretexts for months. All he'd do was read from a teleprompter and prepared script while cowering in the peace and comfort of his basement.  It was better than even money that he'd bail on the debate. I'm still surprised that he showed up.

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

History has nothing to do with it, there hasn't been a virus excuse available to Biden before now. You are swinging and missing. This time he had an excuse and had been ducking out of public appearances on the silliest of pretexts for months. All he'd do was read from a teleprompter and prepared script while cowering in the peace and comfort of his basement.  It was better than even money that he'd bail on the debate. I'm still surprised that he showed up.

Where do you come up with this foolishness?

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Where do you come up with this foolishness?

Personal reasoning. If a candidate won't come out of his basement to campaign, why would one expect him to come out to debate?

34 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Willful ignorance is fertile ground for one’s imagination. 

Indeed. There are even those who have convinced themselves that the nation will be better off with big government mandates, green new deals, gun grabbers and packed court proponents at the controls. Can you imagine that?

PS: The President's doctors say he's good to go. President Trump even offered to move the date of the debate back a week so that Quivering Joe would be more comfortable but Joe's handlers refused to do that.

58 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Personal reasoning. If a candidate won't come out of his basement to campaign, why would one expect him to come out to debate?

Indeed. There are even those who have convinced themselves that the nation will be better off with big government mandates, green new deals, gun grabbers and packed court proponents at the controls. Can you imagine that?

PS: The President's doctors say he's good to go. President Trump even offered to move the date of the debate back a week so that Quivering Joe would be more comfortable but Joe's handlers refused to do that.

I thought there was a chance Biden might bow out because several prominent Dems suggested it and because left leaning folks in the media also suggested it. If Trump tests negative prior to the next debate and is cleared by his doctor, then I see no reason at all to change the rules.  However, if he is still positive for the virus and/or isn't cleared by his doctor, then I will be disappointed that Trump decided to bow out of this debate. 

Well, I never thought Joe would show for a Rogan debate. ;D

I wonder why Biden turned down the offer to debate one week later? President Trump's doctors say he will be safe when the debate was originally scheduled. Why Biden is still tremulous about a full week later is puzzling.

As to why President Trump won't do a virtual debate, is he supposed to trust the bunch that perpetrated the Russia Hoax, etc., to be honest now? That's a real knee slapper!

On 10/8/2020 at 4:16 PM, kennypowers said:

By more confident, do you mean more racist?  That dude sucks harder than Stormy Daniels in a vacuum chamber.

Are you saying that Pence is racist? I did not know that Pence is racist. Do you have any evidence to support your claim?

Biden is ducking this debate. I mean damn are democrats not embarrassed at his last performance? Since? He defended the green new deal then dismissed it. Is he packing the Supreme Court? None of our ******* business? 

On 10/10/2020 at 8:39 AM, Mikey said:

I wonder why Biden turned down the offer to debate one week later? President Trump's doctors say he will be safe when the debate was originally scheduled. Why Biden is still tremulous about a full week later is puzzling.

As to why President Trump won't do a virtual debate, is he supposed to trust the bunch that perpetrated the Russia Hoax, etc., to be honest now? That's a real knee slapper!

There's already a debate scheduled a week after the one that got cancelled.  Trump shouldn't get to dictate debate schedules to his liking.  If he wasn't such a jackass doing his own thing rather than following proper guidelines, he mostly likely wouldn't have got COVID in the first place, causing this situation to happen.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

There's already a debate scheduled a week after the one that got cancelled.  Trump shouldn't get to dictate debate schedules to his liking.  If he wasn't such a jackass doing his own thing rather than following proper guidelines, he mostly likely wouldn't have got COVID in the first place, causing this situation to happen.

And they should be virtual anyway. 

There's already a debate scheduled a week after the one that got cancelled.  Trump shouldn't get to dictate debate schedules to his liking.

But it's ok for Biden to try to dictate the rules by refusing to show up as agreed upon? It's pretty clear why Biden backed out. Between himself and Harris they can't seem to be able to answer one reasonable question. They even dodge the softball questions their buds in the media toss at them.

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

But it's ok for Biden to try to dictate the rules by refusing to show up as agreed upon? It's pretty clear why Biden backed out. Between himself and Harris they can't seem to be able to answer one reasonable question. They even dodge the softball questions their buds in the media toss at them.

Get your facts right. This ain’t smack talk forum.

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Get your facts right. This ain’t smack talk forum.

Fact is that Biden ducked out of this debate, not Trump. The offer is still open, Trump says "ok then Joe, next week, just to make you happy". Biden refuses.

If he wasn't such a jackass doing his own thing rather than following proper guidelines, he mostly likely wouldn't have got COVID in the first place, causing this situation to happen

TexasTiger, that looks like smack talk to me, if you want to be picky-picky.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

He didn’t dictate anything. The commission decided to have the candidates be virtual due to Trump having Covid. Biden agreed to it. Trump backed out, then tried to change the entire schedule. Get your facts straight and stop babbling nonsense. 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

He didn’t dictate anything. The commission decided to have the candidates be virtual due to Trump having Covid. Biden agreed to it. Trump backed out, then tried to change the entire schedule. Get your facts straight and stop babbling nonsense. 

He’s been cleared of Covid. And I think you know that’s not why the commission decided to change it. 

Archived