Will Biden reinstate law & order?

AURex

8 hours ago, AURex said:

There is a big difference between peaceful protesting and rioting. But personally, I think both will decline under Biden -- IF he implements some changes regarding policing that the populace can actually think are positive steps.

I dont think you will see any riots under Biden. Doubt you see much in the way of protests. 

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I dont think you will see any riots under Biden. Doubt you see much in the way of protests. 

Do you have a time frame that protests will not happen?

image.jpeg

The second paragraph is eye opening as it implies a quid pro quo.  If Biden can’t satisfy BLM, that wanted to defund the police among other more radical solutions to their problems, will the protests start back up?  Will Biden be able to quell the protests without whole sale capitulation the BLM may demand.  Time will tell.

12 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

You sure about that chief?

GettyImages-618397140-1-e1591126522112.jpg

That doesn't resemble a riot, nor would one conflate as such. 

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

That doesn't resemble a riot, nor would one conflate as such. 

Bro, you said "No one questions peaceful protests."

I'm just saying, our own President railed against this peaceful protest.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Bro, you said "No one questions peaceful protests."

I'm just saying, our own President railed against this peaceful protest.

You are correct, but context matters. If you revisit the entire thread you'll note that no one was speaking to taking a knee. Clearly this discussion was around rioting in the streets vs peaceful protest in the streets. 

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you have a time frame that protests will not happen?

The second paragraph is eye opening as it implies a quid pro quo.  If Biden can’t satisfy BLM, that wanted to defund the police among other more radical solutions to their problems, will the protests start back up?  Will Biden be able to quell the protests without whole sale capitulation the BLM may demand.  Time will tell.

The Progs have been saying the same thing for several election cycles. We get nothing, and I mean NOTHING from the DNC.

On 11/10/2020 at 9:37 PM, homersapien said:

Held by whom - the people?   

"The second is that the current tiny, poorly built and rarely consulted database of police firings needs to be made comprehensive and every department required to check it before hiring a new officer. Being fired for corruption, malfeasance, abuse of power, and criminal activity should result in a list exactly like the sex offender list, with restrictions on their future job prospects. No police job, no security jobs, no job that involves carrying a weapon. Further, officers who receive multiple complaints of verified abuse of power should be fired -- kind of a 3-strikes rule. Finally, police management personnel who cover up police abuse of power should be fired immediately, no matter their seniority. Things like this would totally discourage officers from anything that could result in them getting fired. This would re-establish public confidence in police.

Police who are fired for grievous abuse of power should never be able to serve as police officers anywhere again. Because fact is, a very large percentage of Americans (of all races) distrust their police. It's time to re-establish trust in our police departments as servants of the people with a solemn duty to protect and assist their public, not function as a threat to their constituents."

My question is should lawmakers be treated the way that AURex says that police officers should be treated-- By the people and by the legal system.

Archived