And the 2020 winner is ... dangerous distrust

AUFAN78

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Never mind the person you're responding to. Man, these folks are something. 

Passive MAGAs:  They care slightly less about supporting Trump than they do about "owning libs".  ;D

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Passive MAGAs:  They care slightly less about supporting Trump than they do about "owning  libs".  ;D

Correcting libs.

FIFY

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Still waiting........

Already did and presented you with facts. Not my fault if you ignore them. Actually, I am waiting for you to present facts that back up your stance. 

11 hours ago, homersapien said:

Sure.  92% of a paltry 27 Republicans who had the nerve to answer the question agreed that Biden is president- elect.  (That 2 (7.4%) of Republicans who did answer still think Trump is won is hardly something to be proud of.)

Of course the point is 195 (87%) of Republicans refused to answer at all, either because they are afraid of Dear Leader or they actually believe Biden stole the election.

I still don’t understand why you think the republicans lawmakers SHOULD answer a Washington Post poll question.

11 hours ago, homersapien said:

That's idiotic, as I am sure you know.  Why would they poll Democrats? :dunno:

Challenging the election is coming from the Republican side. 

This poll was designed to research just how many rank and file Republicans actually believe Trump's assertions. From the results, we can perhaps estimate that maybe 3% believe Trump is the legitimate winner.  But is also suggests that most Republicans by far are too afraid of Trump to respond. 

I am pretty sure you know this and are just playing games, but if the Washington Post also polled the democrats and the paper published it, then you could compare the response rate of each and draw better conclusions. WAPO didn’t want its readers to have enough info to make valid conclusions—it wanted us to conclude that republicans refuse to accept the election results.

20 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Already did and presentted you with facts. Not my fault if you ignore them. Actually, I am waiting for you to present facts that back up your stance. 

Facts on what?

What stance are you referring to?

12 hours ago, Grumps said:

I still don’t understand why you think the republicans lawmakers SHOULD answer a Washington Post poll question.

Because they are politicians.  Politicians have a moral and ethical responsibility to respond to legitimate and reasonable questions from the press. 

Considering Trump's statements regarding the legitimacy of the election - which are apparently supported by at least some Republicans - if not all - it was certainly a legitimate and reasonable question to ask Republicans what they thought.

I am pretty sure you know this and are just playing games, but if the Washington Post also polled the democrats and the paper published it, then you could compare the response rate of each and draw better conclusions. WAPO didn’t want its readers to have enough info to make valid conclusions—it wanted us to conclude that republicans refuse to accept the election results.

Spin all you want, but most Republicans refuse to answer a simple question regarding Biden's legitimacy as the president elect. 

You trying to blame the source of the question for asking it speaks for itself.  As for WAPO wanting Americans to "think" Republicans don't accept the election results, that's totally illogical.  In fact, had Republicans not refused to answer, the poll would have refuted the premise all Republicans reject Biden's legitimacy.

Instead, the poll confirmed that some percentage of Republicans reject the results of a legitmate election and that most Republicans would rather avoid answering at all.  All they had to do was respond and it would have dissuaded Americans from believing (all) Republicans reject the legitimacy of Biden's election (if, in fact they don't).

And again, asking Democrats the same question in order to "compare" the results is stupid, for obvious reasons.  Democrats aren't the ones challenging the election, Republicans are.  Just like your responses from the beginning, its pedantic logic at it's worst.

You are a total apologist for Trump - and the associated Republicans - for trying to undermining our democracy and put an authoritarian in power.    Shame on you.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Because they are politicians.  Politicians have a moral and ethical responsibility to respond to legitimate and reasonable questions from the press. 

Considering Trump's statements regarding the legitimacy of the election - which are apparently supported by at least some Republicans - if not all - it was certainly a legitimate and reasonable question to ask Republicans what they thought.

Spin all you want, but most Republicans refuse to answer a simple question regarding Biden's legitimacy as the president elect. 

You trying to blame the source of the question for asking it speaks for itself.  As for WAPO wanting Americans to "think" Republicans don't accept the election results, that's totally illogical.  In fact, had Republicans not refused to answer, the poll would have refuted the premise all Republicans reject Biden's legitimacy.

Instead, the poll confirmed that some percentage of Republicans reject the results of a legitmate election and that most Republicans would rather avoid answering at all.  All they had to do was respond and it would have dissuaded Americans from believing (all) Republicans reject the legitimacy of Biden's election (if, in fact they don't).

And again, asking Democrats the same question in order to "compare" the results is stupid, for obvious reasons.  Democrats aren't the ones challenging the election, Republicans are.  Just like your responses from the beginning, its pedantic logic at it's worst.

You are a total apologist for Trump - and the associated Republicans - for trying to undermining our democracy and put an authoritarian in power.    Shame on you.

So you have no curiosity whatsoever as to how many democrats would have answered the poll questions? Why is that? Do you have any idea what percentage of lawmakers normally answer poll questions? I don't. That's why it would be helpful for me to know what percentage of democrats would answer. If 100% answer then I would suspect that lawmakers usually respond and that the republicans were avoiding the question. If the democrats responded at a rate of 20% then I would suspect that neither republicans or democrats respond much to polls.

You seem to be much better at knowing what is in the minds of the people who answer poll questions or post on message board. Being much inferior in that regard, I need more data.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

So you have no curiosity whatsoever as to how many democrats would have answered the poll questions? Why is that?  Because I am rational.

Do you have any idea what percentage of lawmakers normally answer poll questions? I don't  Do YOU understand why  its a stupidly irrelevant  point?

That's why it would be helpful for me to know what percentage of democrats would answer.  Helpful???  :laugh:   You can't just  IMAGINE how Democrats would naturally answer?  

If 100% answer then I would suspect that lawmakers usually respond and that the republicans were avoiding the question. If the democrats responded at a rate of 20% then I would suspect that neither republicans or democrats respond much to polls. 

You seem to be much better at knowing what is in the minds of the people who answer poll questions or post on message board. Being much inferior in that regard, I need more data. Yeah right.  You "need more data".  (see below)

I don't know what's in the minds of people individually, but I can tell which way the wind is blowing regarding Trump supporters. And they constitute the backbone of the current Republican Party, like it or not.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-11-18/half-of-republicans-believe-president-trump-won-election-poll-finds

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2020/11/18/half-of-republicans-think-trump-rightfully-won-election-poll-finds/?sh=316fcd1449e1

https://newjerseyglobe.com/fr/77-of-new-jersey-republicans-think-trump-won-election-poll-says/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/30/upshot/republican-voters-election-doubts.htmlhttps:

//newjerseyglobe.com/fr/77-of-new-jersey-republicans-think-trump-won-election-poll-says/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/30/upshot/republican-voters-election-doubts.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll/half-of-republicans-say-biden-won-because-of-a-rigged-election-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN27Y1AJ

https://www.voanews.com/2020-usa-votes/poll-half-us-republican-voters-believe-trump-rightfully-won-election

https://www.vox.com/2020/11/18/21573145/poll-trump-election-fraud-allegations-republican-voters

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/09/944385798/poll-just-a-quarter-of-republicans-accept-election-outcome

etc............

78 you can trust me big guy...............

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

Yes you do know, and yes you did win. Congratulations!

Don't patronize me.

If by "playing" you mean debunking your weak-assed argument with evidence, then yeah, I guess I am "playing".  Maybe you should try "playing" by doing your homework for a change.

How about all those Republican signatures on the Texas lawsuit?  Got a spin for how that doesn't prove most Republicans deny that Biden won the election, or does it just prove they are trying to steal it, which is worse.

Archived