Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

25 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

they had no way of knowing how that would turn out.   no way to know the outcome of this situation, either.

So why is everybody acting like if Steele is hired that is the end of AU football??

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

So my family's standard order at a barbecue place is mandu (fried pot stickers), haemul pajeon (seafood pancake), and japjae (glass noodles) for appetizers, and bulgogi (beef that is thin sliced, similar to that on a cheesesteak, and marinated) and galbi (thin sliced short ribs). That's all fairly standard stuff and none of it is particularly spicy. 

If I'm eating solo, it's almost always going to be kimchi jigae, which is a kimchi soup that usually has tofu and pork belly. (Amazing hangover cure, btw.)

As for places, Honey Pig is the standard in ATL for barbecue, or at least was for a long time. We actually liked Han Il Kwan a lot on BuHi, just inside the perimeter. Iron Age is a really interesting place if you want to do all you can eat and enjoy a very distinct (some might say weird) vibe, with Korean War themed decor and KPop videos playing on all the TVs. Woo Nam Jeong Stone Bowl is great for kimchi jigae and dolsot bibimbap. Oh yeah, bibimbap! It's a rice dish where you basically make your own fried rice at the table. They bring you a bowl with a bunch of ingredients. The authentic dolsot version will come with a little broth. After you've eaten most of the dish, there will be crunchy rice stuck to the edges of the bowl. You pour in the broth and let it soak a little bit and then have a nice little toasty rice soup. 

I'm sure other ATLiens could recommend a bunch of other places. Also, definitely check around as who knows what undiscovered gems are out there. Soooooooooo many options. 

Oh, you can also hit the food courts at a Super H or the Nam Dae Mun farmers market for a quick, cheap Korean lunch. 

Not even just Korean. Food paradise is along Buford Hwy near CDC. You can get something from anywhere. If you're ever nearby, drop in at Gu's Kitchen at Buford hwy and Chamblee Tucker. Szechuan at its finest and the best fried fish I've ever had in my life. 

1 minute ago, TXaubie said:

So why is everybody acting like if Steele is hired that is the end of AU football??

It's not about Steele but it's more about paying Gus $21 million just to hire from within. That seems... not ideal. Especially in a COVID-19 pandemic where costs are at a premium.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol pffffffffft as my pops always told me: Son, We are Auburn fans if you ever think something good is going to happen just remember we never get what we want. 

So should we want Steele to try and reverse jiujitsu this thing?

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

(9-39), 62 years old, and he hardly does any recruiting especially in the off-season. If he thinks he deserves a top 15 job in the country he needs to be placed in a home.

I’ve got no argument against that. I definitely DO NOT want the man. People are delusional is my point. Lol

2 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Not saying the "END" but totally sick of bone headed moves and do not see how it will help us win games & win recruiting. I see it being another sick experiment at the expense of the fans. 

Just now, Zeek said:

So should we want Steele to try and reverse jiujitsu this thing?

Already enough dumbasses on 247 talking themselves in to it......... That board is the WORST. Thank God for the Auburn Rivals posters who are literally going to burn AU social media to the ground flooding twitter and everywhere else with #StopSteele and writing copious amounts of emails to the BOT.

Just now, Tiger4life25 said:

Not saying the "END" but totally sick of bone headed moves and do not see how it will help us win games & win recruiting. I see it being another sick experiment at the expense of the fans. 

Just a bunch of rich grumpy old men who want more access to the program and don't care how they get it. Even if it means YET ANOTHER historically awful hire.

3 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

It's not about Steele but it's more about paying Gus $21 million just to hire from within. That seems... not ideal. Especially in a COVID-19 pandemic where costs are at a premium.

THIS!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Pretty sure he’s played politics to set himself ahead of other guys. I don’t feel bad if that blows up in his face 

And if that is the case I totally agree with you. Won’t feel bad for him at all. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Already enough dumbasses on 247 talking themselves in to it......... That board is the WORST. Thank God for the Auburn Rivals posters who are literally going to burn AU social media to the ground flooding twitter and everywhere else with #StopSteele and writing copious amounts of emails to the BOT.

I wrote Herbart a very long email covering over a dozen candidates and why they're superior options to he who I'm no longer naming. 

14 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Because they know how to type his name in wikipedia and see his head coaching record.

The funny thing is the same people holding that over Kevin Steele will ignore Cristobal's record at FIU. The difference really is that Cristobal has had the opportunity to show his improvement at Oregon.

Personally I think I'm against the optics of it. There's no need for all the pagentry if KS was going to be a candidate all along. 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Weird...

I'm about to tap out of this craziness

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Weird...

Would it be “weird” to put everyone else on ignore other than you. Your post give me the false hope that I need

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

It's SDS.  That is the football equivalent of the National Enquirer.  Stop posting their ****.

Archived