Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t mind that list of 5 since Cristobal is out. I have a feeling that Auburn University is inviting these 5 cats to interview and Yella Fella is flying around finding his own guy. So he can hold the university hostage and try to force them to hire his guy.

Out of those 5, I would definitely hire Brent Venables. Defensive minded coach but these clemson teams have expected excellence every year and have recruited well.  He would be the CEO style coach we need. How was LSU so good last year? Everything just came together. That offense was explosive but Ed Orgeron isnt an offensive minded coach. He went out and hired Joe Brady who revitalized the passing game 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

A lot of rumors about him but no way AU would interview him if he didn't pass the background check by the search firm. 247 said AU won't even consider interviewing lane and freeze because of character issues and both really want the job. I think he is just extremely picky like kirby was.

He looks like he licks socks in the store to judge their texture. 

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Like it, but the kissing players thing is kind of weird 

I thought it was only Mullen's wife tounging players

So now that Cristobal won can we call the bag man and buyout that new contract? 😂

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AuburnTiger4LifeThat would be logical thinking but the Good Ol' Boy network ain't logical. Some, including JGT, think the interviews are a dog & pony show to make it look like AU did their due diligence. Most AU sources are saying the StopSteele movement just delayed things as to when Steele will be named HC. It sounds like you aren't to versed in how JABA our Good Ol' Boys can be. I hope you are right here for all our sakes & don't have to find out.

One thing is for certain, if the PTB were convinced to pony up the money to buy Gus out because they believed Steele is the right guy, no amount of fan pressure is going to change the inevitable.  Like you said, it will be a few weeks of dog & pony search committee crap, then it will be.....the committee says Steele is the top candidate and we agree.  

They'll probably announce it on Christmas Eve just to **** with the fans who dared to speak up.

I swear if our BOT screws this up. Hiring Gus over Kirby Smart was a big mistake. Maybe we didnt know it at the time. Hiring Steele over Brent Venables, Tony Elliot and Sark would cause a fan revolt. Auburn has the same tradition that Bama and LSU have. We are not South Carolina or Arkansas 

Just now, The Freak said:

That was Jimbo's (ex) wife.

She was hooking up with the enemy 😂🤣

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He looks like he licks socks in the store to judge their texture. 

Brooo compared to steele him, T swag and Napier are football jesus!!! Anyone but Steele!!! Lol. We got to complete the mission. Literally my only 2 qualifications is great recruiter and not steele!!! Hahahaha

2 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

I swear if our BOT screws this up. Hiring Gus over Kirby Smart was a big mistake. Maybe we didnt know it at the time 

Wait.  Kirby was interested in Auburn back then?

q0o2yb.jpg

If I could ******* scream and go Super Saiyan I would. Swear to Aubie let me catch Harbert in a dark alley lol. 

8 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Out of those 5, I would definitely hire Brent Venables. Defensive minded coach but these clemson teams have expected excellence every year and have recruited well.  He would be the CEO style coach we need. How was LSU so good last year? Everything just came together. That offense was explosive but Ed Orgeron isnt an offensive minded coach. He went out and hired Joe Brady who revitalized the passing game 

I just can't get behind a Venables hire.   I know the positives, but I just don't know if he has the belly for HC.   He has had many opportunities, guys who want to be HC, really want it, would've been gone by now.  There is nothing wrong with that,  I'd take him as DC any day.  

I don't think the PTB will hire any DC except Steele

Mario just took a team that lost a lot of NFL talent and had ridiculous amounts of key opt outs and won his conference. Something we haven't done in going on 8 years. 

Archived