Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

4 minutes ago, AUscw2011 said:

We will get 250. We simply have to. 

We will if we keep doing this. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zeek said:

My concern is I think of Auburn people are raised the same way. "Support the team no matter what the kids deserve it and never be a fair weather fan. "

If they choose KS we need empty stadiums. No season tickets. No buying merchandise. Nothing. Sell out other events. Go to women's soccer. Anything other than football. 

There has to be something done to change who controls what. We have one of the best ADs in the country now let him do his ******* job. 

They have taken advantage of this mindset for years. Hell, even this forum is an accomplice. “Auburn Family”. The implication being that if you don’t throw your support behind whatever crap “ they” try to throw out there you’re somehow disloyal. Expecting and demanding excellence, or at least striving for it, should take a back seat to joining hands and reciting the Auburn creed while those in power push their own agenda whether it’s best for the university or not. I may be thinking only for myself.....but if hiring Gus, putting up with his mediocrity for 7 years, firing him, and REPLACING HIM WITH KEVIN F’ING STEELE is what they perceive as best for then university...... I will renounce Auburn football certainly, maybe even the whole damn university because of the gross incompetence at “ the top”. I’ve given a bunch of my time, money, and emotional support for a lot of years.... but hiring Steele will absolutely finish me off and I will not look back. I hate it for those students that call from COSAM intermittently to chat me up...

3 minutes ago, achamb7 said:

Wife works 3rd shift. I need more on the search. Everyone knows the interviews, who’s the favorite? Who is most likely out of the candidates to get the job?

Sark

Napier

Elliott

brown

Clark

mario

Riley

From that list most likely to least I think you have it in the right order just flip Mario and Riley since MC just got a raise and extension

Clark might be better than Brown but he hasn't been mentioned 

31 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Awesome coach. That QB they have is awful and has a noodle arm and they just won another conference title. But kirby and saban and dabo would love if we hired him. Wouldn't be afraid at him at all on the trail.

I’ve actually heard he’s a pretty good recruiter. I mean, he’s not pulling in 5* guys, but no group of five school is. 

Just now, AUscw2011 said:

Not sure if you’re insinuating that’s a good or bad thing but I’m an optimist so comment added to count. 

No lol, I was trying to help. 

7 minutes ago, achamb7 said:

Wife works 3rd shift. I need more on the search. Everyone knows the interviews, who’s the favorite? Who is most likely out of the candidates to get the job?

Sark

Napier

Elliott

brown

Clark

mario

Riley

Strike the last two off the list. Cristobal is officially out. Riley isn’t leaving Oklahoma for Auburn. No way. If he leaves of his own decision, it will be for an NFL job.

Just now, AUFriction said:

Strike the last two off the list. Cristobal is officially out. Riley isn’t leaving Oklahoma for Auburn. No way. If he leaves of his own decision, it will be for an NFL job.

Cristobal still has not pun pen to paper. If he does that buyout is still only 1 mill more. (Chump change) 

but yea, he’s without a doubt locked into Oregon unfortunately. That contract would have been higher if we would have actually offered which leads me to believe there weren’t any negotiations or contact between the two parties. 

15 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Dang y’all still going?? On a Friday night nonetheless? Go hang with your wives!

I’m single and recovering from the rona so been a great week to keep up

7 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I've read every post, but I haven't contributed to the post count yet. Let me help get this to 250 pages tonight. So, if they hire Steele, I am done. Gus has made watching frustrating for several years, and if I have to do that again, I'll just give it up and be a UAB fan. 

Man, this yeah I've discovered horse racing and MLS.  I don't need AU football in my life to be entertained.  Hire Steele and I'm just fine walking away.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Man, this yeah I've discovered horse racing and MLS.  I don't need AU football in my life to be entertained.  Hire Steele and I'm just fine walking away.

I think there are many with this opinion, we need to hire a coach that is going to excite the fan base.

Steele

Sark

Napier

Venables

Elliott

Are the five with interviews so Venables was the "surprise" I bet these are the only five being considered 

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

They have taken advantage of this mindset for years. Hell, even this forum is an accomplice. “Auburn Family”. The implication being that if you don’t throw your support behind whatever crap “ they” try to throw out there you’re somehow disloyal. Expecting and demanding excellence, or at least striving for it, should take a back seat to joining hands and reciting the Auburn creed while those in power push their own agenda whether it’s best for the university or not. I may be thinking only for myself.....but if hiring Gus, putting up with his mediocrity for 7 years, firing him, and REPLACING HIM WITH KEVIN F’ING STEELE is what they perceive as best for then university...... I will renounce Auburn football certainly, maybe even the whole damn university because of the gross incompetence at “ the top”. I’ve given a bunch of my time, money, and emotional support for a lot of years.... but hiring Steele will absolutely finish me off and I will not look back. I hate it for those students that call from COSAM intermittently to chat me up...

Mr fred coming off the top rope with a freaking hammer!!!!!! This is absolutely unequivocally a perfect 🔥🔥🔥🔥 post!!!! I agree 137 percent!!! Let's go doc!!

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Steele

Sark

Napier

Venables

Elliott

Are the five with interviews so Venables was the "surprise" I bet these are the only five being considered 

Ummmm it's almost like one is completely and totally different from the rest. If they actually hire steele after interviewing 4 other superior candidates?! I freaking give up brother.... 

Just now, The Freak said:

Regarding these candidates, Saban be like:

Emperor Palpatine GIFs | Tenor

Yup, one head coach, two former failed HCs, and two never HCs.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Steele

Sark

Napier

Venables

Elliott

I have read Venables be mentioned.  I really believe there is a mystery candidate.  

3 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Regarding these candidates, Saban be like:

Emperor Palpatine GIFs | Tenor

Which is why we needed Cristobal. But that’s a moot point...

Archived