Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

How tf we didn't even try with a Kiffin or Freeze baffles me. Ateast make their programs give them a raise. 

Sorry but I just think Mario is above a lot of these guys in various categories and it's an awful miss for us.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Steele

Sark

Napier

Venables

Elliott

Are the five with interviews so Venables was the "surprise" I bet these are the only five being considered 

Id be happy with everyone on that list.. minus Steele

Just now, Zeek said:

How tf we didn't even try with a Kiffin or Freeze baffles me. Ateast make their programs give them a raise. 

Sorry but I just think Mario is above a lot of these guys in various categories and it's an awful miss for us.

Bro any of the other 4 would be massively better than Steele. I would love Elliot, Napier or venables and I could settle for sark. Anyone but steele brother. I still hope their is more interviews. We can still do better but this is a positive start in the right direction.

Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Id be happy with everyone on that list.. minus Steele

My problem is this list reads like a Vanderbilt or South Carolina coach search. Not one of these guys would get hired at Bama or UGA as HC right now in their careers.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Wouldn’t Parker Executive reach out to their  agents to gauge interest? Kiffin could have said no and Freeze is just Freeze with his past. 

The best coach that never was haha. Just wish I could have seen what he’d have done at Auburn... 

6FF130E8-9220-4344-BA63-C0920F2201CF.jpeg

Just now, BigBlueWDE said:

Surprised at some of the calls in the Oregon game. 4th quarter, Oregon runs a draw twice on 3 and 7 and 3rd and 9. Uber conservative

That is Mario.  But new QB so who knows.  Maybe with Herbert again would have been different.  

We could hire Napier, Sarkesian, Elliot, tom allen or Blegh Steele. All except Steele would be solid hires but Auburn fired Gus because they wanted to stop being mediocre, Who puts us in the position to compete at the highest level? Def not Steele, Maybe Sark, maybe Elliot. dont know much about Napier

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

My problem is this list reads like a Vanderbilt or South Carolina coach search. Not one of these guys would get hired at Bama or UGA as HC right now in their careers.

MC ship has sailed 

Im not sure why Kiffin and a Freeze didn’t even get a sniff..but I’m just going off this list. I’d take all those dudes over KS
Lots of upside with Napier,Elliot or Venebles..

Honestly I'd cut this list in two based off recruiting alone.

Napier and Elliott.

But again these are "up and comers" that the SEC bottom dwellers consider to hope for a big hit. Ole Miss, Texas A&M, and Missouri have all in the last year or two made better hires than anyone we have listed.

We're doing what we always do. These guys don't have much more to their resumes than Chizik or Malzahn.

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Venables would most definitely get an interview at UGA or Bama 

Why does everyone keep saying MC ship has sailed? Just go buy him. We can beat that contract.  Stop laying down like beaten puppies. It is time to start making winning moves.  

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Napier and Elliott.

But again these are "up and comers" that the SEC bottom dwellers consider to hope for a big hit. Ole Miss, Texas A&M, and Missouri have all in the last year or two made better hires than anyone we have listed.

We're doing what we always do. These guys don't have much more to their resumes than Chizik or Malzahn.

Venables is a strong recruiter. Not a good as those dudes but still really damn good.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Venables would most definitely get an interview at UGA or Bama 

There's something weird and wrong about that guy. There is a reason no one has hired him yet.

VenablesBrent.jpg

Plus their defense kinda blows lately. 

18 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Steele

Sark

Napier

Venables

Elliott

Are the five with interviews so Venables was the "surprise" I bet these are the only five being considered 

Venables. 

Surprise candidate ? If CKS is hired from this group of people, he must be having an affair with one of the boosters. I am talking scandal.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Napier and Elliott.

Its a crapshoot when you make a coaching change, sometimes he sucks, sometimes hes okay and sometimes he is great. Chizik and Malzahn were okay. Tuberville was pretty good but his tenure ended pretty ugly. Chiz had ups and downs, Malzahn was always mediocre

Just now, drewzums343 said:

Its a crapshoot when you make a coaching change, sometimes he sucks, sometimes hes okay and sometimes he is great. Chizik and Malzahn were okay. Tuberville was pretty good but his tenure ended pretty ugly. Chiz had ups and downs, Malzahn was always mediocre

We just refuse to actually try. No way we couldn't best that Oregon contact. 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

There's something weird and wrong about that guy. There is a reason no one has hired him yet.

VenablesBrent.jpg

Plus their defense kinda blows lately. 

A lot of rumors about him but no way AU would interview him if he didn't pass the background check by the search firm. 247 said AU won't even consider interviewing lane and freeze because of character issues and both really want the job. I think he is just extremely picky like kirby was.

Archived