Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Some of you old school guys may remember this... 

PA announcement: 

"Otis Mounds.  Otis Mounds,  please report to the COACHES locker room. Otis Mounds.  Please report to the COACHES  locker room ." 

;)

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

A thread already started on him....

He's ******* diet Napier without the recruiting abilities 

It's Steele. Just got word he was seen with Auburn gear on...

lol.

Seriously though, nothing like an Auburn Coaching search. More ups and down than a bipolar grasshopper. At point where I'm good with who ever it is if they aren't named Steele. That snake needs to be canned.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is so embarrassing. I’m glad basketball is good. Because football is about to be a cellar dweller.

If it is Harsin and we dont JABA, I think he could do good here.  Hard to recruit to Boise 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He's ******* diet Napier without the recruiting abilities 

I feel like so many people see that Napier is clearly the best candidate...except the people who matter

There was much rejoicing. “Mehh.”

What will be fundamentally changed about AU’s leadership strategy and probability to recruit, develop, represent, and win? Was that crickets?

i ask because I want Greene and Gogue to address and improve this, not just to be a cynic. 

1 minute ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

If it is Harsin and we dont JABA, I think he could do good here.  Hard to recruit to Boise 

No real experience anywhere else. He's the most meh name. Just go un- **** the Napier situation. 

Just now, Win4AU said:

Harsin is from Boise so I’d almost think Boise St is his dream job.  I guess when the SEC calls you listen

Consider the source. No way assclown Thamel has inside info on the coaching search. If anything, someone would intentionally give him false info.

Just now, AubieinNC2009 said:

Come on man. Look at our SEC foes. Saban, Smart, Mullen, Jimbo, Kiffen, Leach. He can be a good coach. He’s probably not good enough to compete with those guys. We are s**ting the bed so hard right now.

I can’t even remember now who said the mystery candidate wasn’t home run hire but bigger name than Clark and Napier.  Harsin fits.  His agent reached out due to his frustration with Boise and MWC.  

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

No real experience anywhere else. He's the most meh name. Just go un- **** the Napier situation. 

This is his only exp as a HC outside of Arky St, but he has been OC at Texas. 

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Come on man. Look at our SEC foes. Saban, Smart, Mullen, Jimbo, Kiffen, Leach. He can be a good coach. He’s probably not good enough to compete with those guys. We are s**ting the bed so hard right now.

relax, yes we crapped the bed with Mario and Napier but this guy can do great here. And really you mention Leach, he took Leach to 3 OTs with lesser talent.

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is so embarrassing. I’m glad basketball is good. Because football is about to be a cellar dweller.

Have you even seen his record at Boise? How could people drool over Petersen at Boise and not Harsin? 

Archived