Auburn closing in on Bryan Harsin

Tony4AU

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy ******* blows. 

He wins at Boise where you don't have to recruit against anyone.

His interviews come off like a boring hard a**

No real experience or pedigree outside of Boise.

No evidence he can recruit at all

He's literally diet-Napier.

Just now, aubearcat said:

image.gif

I don’t know really much about him. I suppose this is a hasty take but I damn sure hope he has the freedom to run his staff and team as he sees fit. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

This guy ******* blows. 

He wins at Boise where you don't have to recruit against anyone.

His interviews come off like a boring hard a**

No real experience or pedigree outside of Boise.

No evidence he can recruit at all

He's literally diet-Napier.

“Diet Napier” made me laugh, legit 😂

Just wondering why a guy born and raised in Idaho, now coaching in Idaho would want to enter the SEC arena of football? I wonder who he learned under as an assistant?

Just now, chizhead said:

We are going to invent a special kind of stupid if this is true. He will be eaten alive in the SEC

Why????????????? you would rather have Steele? 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

“Diet Napier” made me laugh, legit 😂

Dude ******* everyone wins at Boise. Napier made the most irrelevant team in the world only known for their mascot into a relevant team.

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Just wondering why a guy born and raised in Idaho, now coaching in Idaho would want to enter the SEC arena of football? I wonder who he learned under as an assistant?

Harsin got his start at Eastern Oregon University in La Grande, coaching running backs and quarterbacks in the 2000 season.

Boise State[edit]

In 2001, he returned to Boise State as a Graduate Assistant under first year coach Dan Hawkins. Harsin was hired as Tight ends coach in 2002 and remained in that position through 2005. During this period the Broncos led the nation in scoring twice and remained in the Top 10 scoring offenses all four years. In 2005, four Broncos tight ends combined to catch 27 passes for 298 yards and three touchdowns.

When Hawkins left BSU for Colorado, offensive coordinator Chris Petersen was promoted to head coach for the 2006 season. Harsin was moved up to offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, and guided the Broncos offense to an undefeated season. Running back Ian Johnson rushed for 1,713 yards and led the nation in rushing touchdowns and scoring. In 2008, Kellen Moore took over the quarterback position and under Harsin's guidance earned WAC Freshman of the Year honors, completing an NCAA freshman record 69.4 completion percentage (281–405) with 25 touchdown passes and only 10 interceptions.

During Harsin's tenure as offensive coordinator, Boise State posted a 61–5 (.924) record, which included two undefeated seasons and two Fiesta Bowl victories, over Oklahoma (2007) and TCU (2010).

Texas[edit]

170px-Bryan_Harsin.jpg

Harsin in April 2011

After the 2010 season, Harsin moved to the University of Texas in Austin for the 2011 and 2012 seasons and was the primary play-caller for the Longhorns, paired with Major Applewhite as co-offensive coordinators. During this time he also served as quarterbacks coach for the Longhorns.

Arkansas State[edit]

Harsin became the 29th head coach at Arkansas State University in Jonesboro on December 12, 2012, succeeding Gus Malzahn, who left for Auburn after just one season. Because Malzahn and his predecessor Hugh Freeze left after just one season in Jonesboro, Harsin's contract at Arkansas State included a $1.75 million buyout clause.[1]

Harsin led the Red Wolves to a 7–5 record in 2013 and a share of the Sun Belt Conference title with a 5–2 record. They earned a berth in the GoDaddy Bowl against Ball State University on January 5.

Return to Boise State[edit]

Harsin returned to Boise State as head coach on December 11, 2013. He replaced his mentor Petersen, who left for the University of Washington in Seattle.[4] In his first season at helm, he had led his team to winning the Mountain West Championship against Fresno State 28–14, and earned a spot in the Fiesta Bowl vs Arizona. The Broncos went on to win the Fiesta Bowl 38–30 and Harsin won 12 games in his first season. Harsin has led the Broncos to 10+ wins in 5 out his 6 season

Quick look at his record at Boise and it was solid.  Not Gus 8-4 solid but 10-11 win solid.    This could end up pretty good.  At least something different.

Archived