“the Disney of convenience stores.”

Tigermike

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Buc-ees is absolutely phenomenal

Absolutely! Now I just need them to expand to Kentucky!

Interesting note: despite being a neighbor to Texas, Louisiana doesn't have a single Buc-cees (unless building one where this year), and yet they have one in Georgia and now Alabama. 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Interesting note: despite being a neighbor to Texas, Louisiana doesn't have a single Buc-cees (unless building one where this year), and yet they have one in Georgia and now Alabama. 

On our trips back to 'Bama, my wife won't let me pass one. She loves their fudge

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

On our trips back to 'Bama, my wife won't let me pass one. She loves their fudge

When leaving Texas work trips, I'd stop at the Baytown one and get a BBQ pork sandwich. And a massive rice crispy treat lol. 

On 12/24/2020 at 9:06 AM, AUBwins said:

It is, or was, the same with Pappadeaux and Pappasito's in Atlanta. Or maybe just Pappasito's. Anyway, the one in Atlanta is or was the only one outside of Texas. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It is, or was, the same with Pappadeaux and Pappasito's in Atlanta. Or maybe just Pappasito's. Anyway, the one in Atlanta is or was the only one outside of Texas. 

My gosh, when on a company trip to Houston, Pappadeaux would be a must.  On company credit card of course :)

One year, I left the receipt at the restaurant, yikes! I noticed wheni got back to the Hotel.  Got back in the car and went around the loop back to the restaurant to get it. Haha.  Didn't want that one hanging on me.  Pappasito's would also be frequent stop. Great Tex-Mex food. 

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

My gosh, when on a company trip to Houston, Pappadeaux would be a must.  On company credit card of course :)

One year, I left the receipt at the restaurant, yikes! I noticed wheni got back to the Hotel.  Got back in the car and went around the loop back to the restaurant to get it. Haha.  Didn't want that one hanging on me.  Pappasito's would also be frequent stop. Great Tex-Mex food. 

My buddy from Lake Jackson went on and on about Pappasito's. I said sure, whatever, let's go. Holy crap. That place is just so extra. Everything about it. Extra big, extra flavorful, extra tequila in the margaritas, extra amazing fajitas, yes, extra numbers on the bill, lol... It's like a theme park for salt and queso and alcohol and it's amazing. I know folks in the Houston area likely have places they like better, but for somebody in the southeast that place is something very different and fun. 

Bird could probably give us the run down of Houston dining.  So many choices though. 

11 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Bird could probably give us the run down of Houston dining.  So many choices though. 

I've heard it's one of the most international cities in the country. Obvious Mexican and other Hispanic/Latino influences, but also a huge Vietnamese scene post-Katrina and everything else under the sun. Would love to do a foodie weekend there.

On 12/24/2020 at 8:14 AM, AUBwins said:

When leaving Texas work trips, I'd stop at the Baytown one and get a BBQ pork sandwich. And a massive rice crispy treat lol. 

Their BBQ sandwiches are legit!!

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

You must like bird seed.............weird if you ask me

Archived