Dell McGee

AuburnTiger4Life

If Dell comes to AU, would this signify that Carnell won't be retained? I haven't followed Dell's career, but isn't he strictly a RB coach?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, woodford said:

Would be “earth shattering”

Well played my friend, well played! 👍

43 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

You're stepping into our dad-joke territory.  Must be 40 to enter.

I'm 4 years in! Perhaps that's why I enjoyed it so much! 😆

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

The co-coordinator title always seems like a courtesy thing to me. Quite frankly, unless you are the guy making the real decisions, I’ve always thought it was kinda embarrassing for the other guy. Has to be a shot to the ego when everyone knows it’s a “title only” deal and they put a meaninglessness title beside your name. Not saying it would be that for Dell, just co-coordinating in general. I’m sure there are always exceptions to the rule of course. 

That shouldn’t be a problem if one is passing game coordinator and one is running game coordinator. I am pretty sure that Clemson was doing this for several years when their program took off. 

39 minutes ago, woodford said:

Every time I read or hear the name “Dell McGee” I immediately think of Jim Fyffe yelling his name in the Interception Game against LSU in 94. Florida 

Dell didn’t make one single significant play in either of those games. I don’t believe he made a single INT that season. You’re thinking of Fyffe bellowing his name in the 93 IB on the Burgdorf INT, one play prior to Bostic’s clincher. 

Every time I hear Dell McGee I think of him in high school.  He played football at Kendrick High School with my older brother.  I think they started together way back in Pee Wee football for Eastway.  He was always better than most of the other players back then so it is no surprise to me that he has been as successful as he's been as a coach.

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

And yet, many gladly take it.

This is exactly what I was thinking of posting...I used to use this at work.  

What role again for McGee?  OC?  He's already got a "co" title.  Why does he leave to come to Auburn?  Just, the coming home thing?  More money?

Just now, japantiger said:

What role again for McGee?  OC?  He's already got a "co" title.  Why does he leave to come to Auburn?  Just, the coming home thing?  More money?

I’m betting more money at a minimum.

Look, its real damn simple: Go big or go home....Either commit to Tearing down the Tower of Babel and building something on a stronger foundation, or admitting to being okay with average in football and place more emphasis on basketball. Either talk the talk or walk the walk. You can't get great coaches/recruiters on the cheap....not these days,anyway

2 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

In that spirit, I’ll post this:

55lo59xhdt311.jpg

Ughhhhh.....I can't tell you how many times I heard this joke when I worked there

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Ughhhhh.....I can't tell you how many times I heard this joke when I worked there

Sorry to bring back painful memories.  😂

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Dang I came to stop somebody from saying splash hire and I literally was said the first damn post smh

Here's one for you

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/College-Football/2017/09/30/Jim-Harbaugh-Michigan-coach-does-can-opener-dive-into-pool-while-wearing-khakis/7751506810119/

4 hours ago, Viper said:

Dell didn’t make one single significant play in either of those games. I don’t believe he made a single INT that season. You’re thinking of Fyffe bellowing his name in the 93 IB on the Burgdorf INT, one play prior to Bostic’s clincher. 

Or that

McGee is currently the running backs coach of the Georgia Bulldogs, and their Peach Bowl performance in the ground game was not exactly one that makes the partnership with UGA a peachy one.

The Dogs combined for 36 rushing yards, and not a single rusher averaged more than 3.5 yards-per-carry. A win is a win, and heads aren’t going to roll after overcoming a difficult (and previously undefeated) AAC championship-winning Cincinnati Bearcats squad.

This clip from FlyWarEagle.com is a bit confusing as an endorsement of McGee for the Auburn job or even keeping the UGA job. What am I missing?

Would look MUCH better in an Orange and Blue tie.......

10 hours ago, AUStew87 said:

If Dell comes to AU, would this signify that Carnell won't be retained? I haven't followed Dell's career, but isn't he strictly a RB coach?

I would think that's correct. Would love to have both. My best guess is if Dell is a taker, we take the 5-star. If not, we keep the 4-star.

Archived