Dell McGee

AuburnTiger4Life

3 hours ago, Viper said:

I would think that's correct. Would love to have both. My best guess is if Dell is a taker, we take the 5-star. If not, we keep the 4-star.

I think if Dell were to come it’d be in more of an OC capacity so he may retain Caddy on staff.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were Harsin I would have reservations about bringing in someone who has never been the primary play caller AND does not have experience in my system as the new OC. I'd love for McGee to be on the staff as Co OC for the obvious recruiting reasons and then after he has spent some time in the system move into the full OC role whenever the position becomes available IF he's earned it. That's probably tough to sell though

I simply hope that HCBH is able to hire HIS folks. 

7 hours ago, blakem said:

I think if Dell were to come it’d be in more of an OC capacity so he may retain Caddy on staff.

I hope but doubt it. Kiesau as co-OC/passing game & Dell as co-OC/running game would likely = Cadillac out. But I’m all for making room for all three. 

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well that's no fun he needs to hire who the hell I tell him too

Ok, Mr. Rane, we’ll try to make it happen. Sorry about that whole #StopSteele stuff...

15 hours ago, JTFazz said:

This clip from FlyWarEagle.com is a bit confusing as an endorsement of McGee for the Auburn job or even keeping the UGA job. What am I missing?

You're not taking into consideration Dell's reputation as one of the top recruiters around. That's the attraction.

Now: He's been able to bring in some top Georgia players to UGA. How that translates into beating UGA by bringing Georgia players to Auburn, or beating UAT by bringing Alabama players to Auburn is a question that has an unknown answer at this time. His new job at AU would be a lot more challenging, that's for certain.

Dell and Lebby can be CO  Coordinators in my opinion.   Give Lebby  additional responsibilities to keep the forum posters informed or something.

Both have a unique set of skills and qualifications that we need.  And poaching from a rival is always a good thing. 

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You're not taking into consideration Dell's reputation as one of the top recruiters around. That's the attraction.

Now: He's been able to bring in some top Georgia players to UGA. How that translates into beating UGA by bringing Georgia players to Auburn, or beating UAT by bringing Alabama players to Auburn is a question that has an unknown answer at this time. His new job at AU would be a lot more challenging, that's for certain.

I understand all of that. What I didn't understand is why the article was touting him for Auburn while basically criticizing him for the UGA running game only netting 36 yards against 'Nati. The gist and premise of the article seemed to be contradicted by those two paragraphs. Just found it odd.

Dell has a long meeting with Monken yesterday.  I'm guessing they are trying to keep him.  Should probably know soon

3 hours ago, JTFazz said:

I understand all of that. What I didn't understand is why the article was touting him for Auburn while basically criticizing him for the UGA running game only netting 36 yards against 'Nati. The gist and premise of the article seemed to be contradicted by those two paragraphs. Just found it odd.

It is cherry picking. You can't judge a career by the one most recent game.

12 hours ago, AuburnFTW said:

If I were Harsin I would have reservations about bringing in someone who has never been the primary play caller AND does not have experience in my system as the new OC. I'd love for McGee to be on the staff as Co OC for the obvious recruiting reasons and then after he has spent some time in the system move into the full OC role whenever the position becomes available IF he's earned it. That's probably tough to sell though

Amen

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

It is cherry picking. You can't judge a career by the one most recent game.

It's actually just stupid writing. The idea that the RB coach's "coaching" has ANY correlation to the YPC numbers of the backs in a given game is absolutely comical. There isn't some special "coaching" that unlocks more YPC. YPC is dependent on the playcall and the blocking provided, it has nothing to do with what the RB coach is or isn't teaching. There isn't a single RB coach in the country who teaches their guys to go sideways or backwards with the football.

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Dell has a long meeting with Monken yesterday.  I'm guessing they are trying to keep him.  Should probably know soon

Hopefully we didn’t just earn him a UGA pay raise. 

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Of course he is. Once someone has their name in the media and everyone gets wind of it, it makes it increasingly less likely that the person will leave the University. That is why most of these things are done before leaks happen, just like our head coach. 

11 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Hopefully we didn’t just earn him a UGA pay raise. 

It just depends on how much he really wants to coach at Auburn.  He'll get a BS title at both schools, be the RB coach and a big time recruiter.

58 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It just depends on how much he really wants to coach at Auburn.  He'll get a BS title at both schools, be the RB coach and a big time recruiter.

If UGA pays their top recruits, best believe they'll shell out the cash to keep one of their top recruiters...

I want a coach to get in the mix for players at IMG academy...I was hoping Carnell could get some of them to the Plains since he coached there for a short time.... 

4 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

I want a coach to get in the mix for players at IMG academy...I was hoping Carnell could get some of them to the Plains since he coached there for a short time.... 

you really have to have an evaluating eye at a place like IMG, a lot of talented players, but a lot of busts too

Dell is the type of name we need at each position. Hoping this materializes. Not confident after the same people hyping up Lebby were wrong.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Dell is the type of name we need at each position. Hoping this materializes. Not confident after the same people hyping up Lebby were wrong.

I agree, but we have to have at least a couple guys like Dell. I wonder if it will be difficult to pull in big names for CBH just because he isn't that well known in these parts? 

Archived