Alabama has ruined college football

gr82b4au

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

A decade of #1 classes. 
Games that are not even fun to watch 

Only people that like this are Alabama fans. This is miserable football. 

I actually like watching Mac and Devonta play 

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I actually like watching Mac and Devonta play 

They are good. they usually play until the middle of the 3rd quarter of most games hahaha

Grew up in Tuscaloosa and disliked them my entire life, but I know when I see the best team in 2020 I need to give them some props.   Not that I cared who they played, but I thought Clemson could have given them a better game.   Clemson wasn’t going to win either, but I thought it would have been a better game 

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

A decade of #1 classes. 

Wish Auburn could have their kind of success!

Yes please! :yes:

5 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

They are very successful. What is amazing, is that Gus could beat him at times. 

What drove me crazy is that if we could beat him, how in the world did we lose other games against Georgia, Tennessee, in South Carolina? 
Of course every team wants the success that Alabama has but it has ruined football. 

Mark Emmert(and Myles Brand before him) stood by and allowed this to happen beginning over a decade ago.  There was clear evidence that Bama was cheating and stockpiling talent for years but the NCAA just sat back and let them keep reeling in #1 class after #1 class. Now you see where it has all led.  Who wants to watch a sport where one team has all of the top talent?  Sure Clemson and UGA have made up ground just because Bama can only take 25 guys a year but there is nothing even remotely resembling parity in the sport anymore.  I’ve said for years that it’s a miracle that they ever lose a game.  How Saban lost to Gus Malzahn 3 times with 3x the talent is beyond me.  
I will still watch AU games and pull for my school but it’s clear that college football is on the decline and it’s not going to rebound any time soon.  The NCAA should have put a stop to this before it got to this point but they chose not to and now, we all get to watch the sport slowly fade into irrelevance. 

22 minutes ago, BaldEagle said:

Mark Emmert(and Myles Brand before him) stood by and allowed this to happen beginning over a decade ago.  There was clear evidence that Bama was cheating and stockpiling talent for years but the NCAA just sat back and let them keep reeling in #1 class after #1 class. Now you see where it has all led.  Who wants to watch a sport where one team has all of the top talent?  Sure Clemson and UGA have made up ground just because Bama can only take 25 guys a year but there is nothing even remotely resembling parity in the sport anymore.  I’ve said for years that it’s a miracle that they ever lose a game.  How Saban lost to Gus Malzahn 3 times with 3x the talent is beyond me.  
I will still watch AU games and pull for my school but it’s clear that college football is on the decline and it’s not going to rebound any time soon.  The NCAA should have put a stop to this before it got to this point but they chose not to and now, we all get to watch the sport slowly fade into irrelevance. 

Yeah, it's a mistake that will eventually correct itself, so that no other team will be able to repeat Bama's success. And that's both a good and sad thing. Meaning the Bama dynasty will come to an end. But Auburn, nor anyone else, will never be as fortunate as them.

😃 and ☹ 

3 hours ago, BaldEagle said:

CFB has been a sham since the playoff era began. This season in particular means NOTHING.

6 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

A decade of #1 classes. 

Amazing what you can do with tons of cash and a FLEET of Dodge Chargers.......

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

Imagine how good they would be with the support of Lexus or Infinity 😂

20 years ago it was FSU. They had 14 10+ win seasons in a row!! Then there was Oklahoma in the 50's and 60's. There was no CFP back then so we'll never know how they stack up against the current programs. Seems like every 20-30 years there is a dynasty that will never be equaled. This is just another of those dynasties and it too will fade into the muddied waters of which dynasty was the best of all time?

1 hour ago, drsteve87 said:

20 years ago it was FSU. They had 14 10+ win seasons in a row!! Then there was Oklahoma in the 50's and 60's. There was no CFP back then so we'll never know how they stack up against the current programs. Seems like every 20-30 years there is a dynasty that will never be equaled. This is just another of those dynasties and it too will fade into the muddied waters of which dynasty was the best of all time?

None of those previous "dynasties" were a true dynasty.  There has never, in my opinion been, and will probably never be again a program as dominant as Bama.  There dominance can't end soon enough, for me. They are the definition of a dynasty.  So sad that it's Auburn's biggest rival.  Of all the schools in Division I, why did it have to be them?

Alabama plays beautiful football on both sides. I hate bama, but I love watching them play. Personally I have  learned a lot of things from Saban and his innovations to the game starting from his time at LSU.

If interested, here is his LSU 2001 defensive playbook. It's considered one of the foundational pillars of modern defenses.

2001-LSU-Defense-Nick-Saban.pdf

4 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

None of those previous "dynasties" were a true dynasty.  There has never, in my opinion been, and will probably never be again a program as dominant as Bama.  There dominance can't end soon enough, for me. They are the definition of a dynasty.  So sad that it's Auburn's biggest rival.  Of all the schools in Division I, why did have to be them?

I agree. What they've been allowed to build is never going to be allowed again. To me, it's as much Emmert's dynasty as it is Saban's

5 hours ago, WarTim said:

You are probably right but it is also amazing the money that Auburn pays coaches to not coach. Seriously, how much have they paid out to Bowden, the Senator, Chiz and Gus to sit on their butts? BTW, did Bama supply Nick Marshall's Dodge Charger?

55 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

You are probably right but it is also amazing the money that Auburn pays coaches to not coach. Seriously, how much have they paid out to Bowden, the Senator, Chiz and Gus to sit on their butts? BTW, did Bama supply Nick Marshall's Dodge Charger?

Not probably. I am right. Now I gotta be careful not to fall UP stairs. 

54 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Marshall’s Charger was an older POS. 

It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure out most of UAT’s teams are near or above the NFL salary cap. It’s not necessarily cash though.  Tua’s folks still live in Alabama?

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Alabama plays beautiful football on both sides. I hate bama, but I love watching them play. Personally I have  learned a lot of things from Saban and his innovations to the game starting from his time at LSU.

If interested, here is his LSU 2001 defensive playbook. It's considered one of the foundational pillars of modern defenses.

2001-LSU-Defense-Nick-Saban.pdfUnavailable

Damn, I hate it, but I enjoy watching them play. They have elite talent, 2-3 deep, and have obtained it with methods that would land any other school on probation I think. But, they are disciplined, incredibly well-coached, don’t talk a bunch of trash for the most part.....I still hate them but grudgingly admire the hell out of them at the same time 

20 minutes ago, fredst said:

@bigbird: cannot open your attachment in your post. Is there another way to find it?

I'm not sure. I downloaded it years ago

Archived