Bagman

The Defiant

13 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

It's a difference of magnitude. Other SEC schools for the most part are jaywalking, speeding, and running red lights. Alabama is figuratively robbing banks and kidnapping (literally, in the case of that recruit from Russellville some years ago).

Had a friend from MI years ago who had attended some sort of summer camp at the UAT campus back in the late '70's or early '80's. He had no ties to the SEC. The first time I told him I was from Alabama (the state) he automatically assumed I had gone to UAT and couldn't wait to tell me about the parking lot at the athletics complex he saw during his camp. He thought a pro team was in town to borrow their facilities from the quality of the iron in the parking lot. Not a single old car in it. Nope. Summer workouts for the UAT football team. I remember what the parking lot for athletes at AU looked like at that time. It was the usual student mix, if anything, on the poor side relative to the rest of AU. 

Yep. Peaches had Brent Calloway kidnapped by a REC bagman to the middle of nowhere in Florida right before NSD.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/12/2021 at 8:50 PM, The Defiant said:

You know what would be awesome/hilarious is for us to document or make a break in someone investigating Bama and if we could confirm the cheating and we all pitch in to make it into a commercial while they are in the playoffs one year. 

Ask DJ Fluker about that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 6:31 PM, toddc said:

😆 It looks like you just wrote about 2 paragraphs explaining to me what Alabama does while stating we should not worry about them. I’ve never posted anything about the turds but focus 💯 on Auburn. This is hilarious 😂 

I agree you are hilarious. In fact I think most  everyone on this site thinks your hilarious. Heck maybe you should get a side job at the local comedy club. You could do a stand up comic line acting like you were a knowledgable football fan? 🤣😂🤣 

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I agree you are hilarious. In fact I think most  everyone on this site thinks your hilarious. Heck maybe you should get a side job at the local comedy club. You could do a stand up comic line acting like you were a knowledgable football fan? 🤣😂🤣 

Okay 👌 

It took you two weeks to come up with this retort? That’s hilarious 😂 

On 1/12/2021 at 9:34 PM, toddc said:

1 If you’re an outsider you have no clue about the rivalry.

2 I don’t know any Auburn fans, especially alumni, who think the way you’re suggesting about the turds

3 I was in school during the early 80s and I know Auburn can be the best program and university in the state.

4 There’s an old adage that Auburn fans say “Auburn is THE university of Alabama. And it’s not just football but a loyal fan base to the university and most bama fans are loyal to the football program.

Agreed, from someone who was also a student there in the early-to-mid eighties.

On 1/23/2021 at 6:10 PM, toddc said:

Okay 👌 

It took you two weeks to come up with this retort? That’s hilarious 😂 

Nope just not like you and totally consumed with a message board. Sorry to hear your total existence is now driven by a message board. May I suggest a job or maybe a new hobby? Really would help your take on the world. Peace😊

Winning is done on signing day.  Sabin has been getting the best recruits the last few years.  At least it's not like when Bryant was there; he got "ALL" the recruits.  Before scholarship limitations, teams could sign as many as they wanted.  Bear would sign kids just so rivals would not get them.  In the early '60's, I can remember going to games against Alabama where crimson jerseys reached from end zone to end zone.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:41 PM, eagle63 said:

Winning is done on signing day.  Sabin has been getting the best recruits the last few years.  At least it's not like when Bryant was there; he got "ALL" the recruits.  Before scholarship limitations, teams could sign as many as they wanted.  Bear would sign kids just so rivals would not get them.  In the early '60's, I can remember going to games against Alabama where crimson jerseys reached from end zone to end zone.

I do vivdly remember those days. Just as you said above. I was in the AU Band (late 60's) and to this day can close my eyes and still see Bama players on the opposite sideline at Legion Field from Goal Line to Goal Line.

On 1/12/2021 at 7:50 PM, The Defiant said:

You know what would be awesome/hilarious is for us to document or make a break in someone investigating Bama and if we could confirm the cheating and we all pitch in to make it into a commercial while they are in the playoffs one year. 

People looked. People who get paid to look, looked. Like private individuals who look for stuff for a living looked. You won't find anything. Zero. Nothing. 

On 1/12/2021 at 10:25 PM, Strychnine said:

Maybe they do, and maybe they don't, but cheating is not why Alabama is enjoying their success.  Reality is simpler than that.  Alabama is coaching recruits into solid players, and then putting them in the NFL.  Alabama has turned itself into an NFL farm team.  That's what 18-year-olds with NFL aspirations care about.  For the past several years, a player was more likely to get developed into a high draft pick by going to Alabama or Georgia, than Auburn.  All indications point to our new head coach making moves to change that, and I agree with it wholeheartedly.

If Auburn has a coaching staff that can recruit and then develop college football players into NFL prospects consistently, then we will not have to worry about recruiting.  Recruits do not flock to Alabama because their coaches have awesome personalities, Tuscaloosa is a great place, or skill as snake oil salesmen, they flock there because the coaching staff can honestly say they have a good record of putting players in the NFL.  Everything I've seen about Harsin indicates that is what he wants to build Auburn into.

I think you are right in one point. Higher percentage of Bama players make it to the NFL. But so does UGA, Clemson, OSU. IMO What impacts that much more than “developing players” is higher rated players. That impacts the overall percentages more than the position coaches.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think you are right in one point. Higher percentage of Bama players make it to the NFL. But so does UGA, Clemson, OSU. IMO What impacts that much more than “developing players” is higher rated players. That impacts the overall percentages more than the position coaches.

From 2000-14, there were 522 five-star recruits, with 53 percent of them eventually drafted. That is significantly higher than other star rankings in a recent draft, which saw four-stars drafted at a 20 percent clip, three-stars at 6 percent, and two-stars 3 percent.

Archived