2021 Break Out Candidates

WarEagle231

On 2/11/2021 at 6:44 PM, bigbird said:

Steiner

On 2/11/2021 at 10:32 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

WR Kobe Hudson. Hudson doesn't have blazing speed but is very fluid and runs good routes. I expect him to be our leader in receptions. Reminds of Ricardo Louis in a way.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:20 AM, AUDevil said:

Malcom Johnson

Love all of these. I agree with @bigbird that Hudson is a better pass catcher than Rico, but I like the comparison to Rico's athleticism. I feel like he was stronger than DA and faster than CT. I'm hoping Kobe gives us some of that with a little Ryan Davis swivel in his hips. 

Yes, I basically just asked Kobe Hudson to be Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens and Antonio Brown all at once. 

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Love all of these. I agree with @bigbird that Hudson is a better pass catcher than Rico, but I like the comparison to Rico's athleticism. I feel like he was stronger than DA and faster than CT. I'm hoping Kobe gives us some of that with a little Ryan Davis swivel in his hips. 

Yes, I basically just asked Kobe Hudson to be Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens and Antonio Brown all at once. 

LMAO! Kobe Rice Owens Hudson aka AB will be a stud if he can be half of what any one of those are!!! Very well said, though. He definitely seems faster and more twitchy than CT and stronger than DA. I think he will be our feature WR this year. 

• Like 2

I'm sticking with my long shots:

Off.: Keiondre Jones

Def.: Jeremiah Wright

Edited by tsande07
dang automated emojis...
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

WR will look much better since they will be allowed to actually be wr's. But they will look mediocre if they can't get the ball. The quicker people get on the same page the quicker we'll be able to see their talent

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

WR will look much better since they will be allowed to actually be wr's. But they will look mediocre if they can't get the ball. The quicker people get on the same page the quicker we'll be able to see their talent

I know this group is very inexperienced, but I think we have some legit talent in that room. I don't remember being as excited about the potential of our top 4 WRs plus back ups in a while.

Offense-yes

defense-yes 

special teams-yes 

27 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Shivers and Tank.

Tank is being referred to as the best back in the SEC by many in the media.  He's already broken out

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 6:31 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

I know this group is very inexperienced, but I think we have some legit talent in that room. I don't remember being as excited about the potential of our top 4 WRs plus back ups in a while.

I feel like we've had this much talent going back at least to that KD/NCM class, but we might have finally found the keys to the Ferrari.

15 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Tank is being referred to as the best back in the SEC by many in the media.  He's already broken out

With any luck, he will make the jump from football people knowing how good he is to casual fans knowing his name. 

But you're right. He doesn't really qualify for this conversation.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I feel like we've had this much talent going back at least to that KD/NCM class, but we might have finally found the keys to the Ferrari.

All things being equal, and not really seeing much PT from any of them....I look at what we have coming into this year and I look back to the last several years and IDK, I like what we have. We have a ton of big bodies with speed to compliment, and then some guys that should be dynamic with the ball in their hands. That KD/NCM class was a special. That was when I thought we were about to tear some @#$es up! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

All things being equal, and not really seeing much PT from any of them....I look at what we have coming into this year and I look back to the last several years and IDK, I like what we have. We have a ton of big bodies with speed to compliment, and then some guys that should be dynamic with the ball in their hands. That KD/NCM class was a special. That was when I thought we were about to tear some @#$es up! 

I'm excited about the current talent, for sure. I'm just more excited in the potential upgrade in Xs and Os in terms of how we should be better going forward.

Take Javy Johnson, for example. He's going into year 3 and I'm not sure a lot of us even remember he's on the team. Here's his scouting report from 247. That last sentence reads like a stab wound. 

Short, thin build. Measured under 5-foot-9 and has a wiry frame. Should add some weight at the next level but will likely always be on the light side. Tests well from an athletic standpoint with very good long speed and explosion. Had a dominant senior season after transferring to a new high school. Was the best skill player on a loaded offense. Posted record-breaking numbers as a receiver. Shows excellent playing speed with game-breaking ability. Dangerous both as a deep threat and in the screen game. Creates separation off the line, oftentimes blowing past opposing corners. Shows good downfield tracking skills. Also has an ideal skill set as a kick returner. Likely a slot wide receiver at the next level, but could line up outside as a Z receiver in certain schemes. Can tend to catch the ball with his body at times and is limited from a size aspect. Projects as a multi-year Power 5 starter with potential to be an NFL Draft pick, largely hinging on his usage and development at the next level.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm excited about the current talent, for sure. I'm just more excited in the potential upgrade in Xs and Os in terms of how we should be better going forward.

Take Javy Johnson, for example. He's going into year 3 and I'm not sure a lot of us even remember he's on the team. Here's his scouting report from 247. That last sentence reads like a stab wound. 

He was one I honestly expected to see pt early even undersized. His HS film was super impressive. Yes I do agree that the upgrade in Xs and Os should make things better and could definitely skew our views of past position groups as a whole.

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Also been hearing Malcolm Johnson Jr has been impressive with speed as well. Now add in Robertson and we might just be scary. Now...if we could get this QB situation sorted out.

Shivers.  Down hill running offense.  An O line that is good at run blocking.  Catching passes out of the backfield and making plays.  Senior Leadership.

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Also been hearing Malcolm Johnson Jr has been impressive with speed as well. Now add in Robertson and we might just be scary. Now...if we could get this QB situation sorted out.

I'll be interested to see what our sets our with WRs & how a real offense uses them in different ways. 

Seems like Canion/Capers/Robertson/Hudson/Ja'Varr are probably the top-ish 5

• Like 1