Vaccine passport on the way?

SLAG-91

2 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Some folks are just taking their time and not rushing out to get it. The opportunity has only been open to some of us over the last few weeks.  Everybody isn't a conspiracy theorist like some wish to believe.

I didn’t use the word “everybody“ for a reason. But right now there’s about 25% of the people out there saying they will never or probably won’t get the vaccine. That puts us right on the edge of herd immunity if every single other person who could get it does so. And more than half of that group says they will “never” get it.  If you’re saying you will “never” get it you’re not just playing the wait and see game. You’re listening to pseudoscience and anti-vax scaremongering. Or you are one of the ones pushing those things. 

That’s why I said the majority of the ones not getting it are wackos and I stand by that. 

On 4/29/2021 at 12:54 PM, johnnyAU said:

It's your choice to get the vaccine or not. By now most have had their opportunities.

By mid-year, nearly half the country will likely have been vaccinated. Hopefully that group will include the majority of the higher risk population.  

Choosing to not associate with non-vaccinated groups while you are vaccinated is dumbassery.

People sitting alone in the same room, spaced 10 feet apart, wearing masks, while fully vaccinated isn't sending any useful message. It's theater.  

The Biden theater goes back to the Trump debate when he dramatically ripped his mask off, like a gunslinger readying for a dual, upon heading to the podium. People see through the nonsense.

With @AUFAN78 on many younger well educated folks not getting vaccinated. Know several and they are respectful regarding mask and distancing. Just seem to be hesitant or/and in no rush to be vaccinated. Certainly not in the “wacko” classification”.

I have been, vaccinated, had COVID, plan to continue with sensible caution and live pretty much the old normal for now.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Had a customer come in without a mask on last night. I asked him to put one on, he said he couldn’t because he had a “cold condition” (whatever that means), so I asked him to step outside and we’d help him curbside. He told us that we were making HIM feel uncomfortable wearing OUR masks; but at least he stepped outside. 

I then sent my employee outside to assist him and he apparently went on some tirade about how the country is communist and he’s not a soldier or a drone and we need to step up to the owner about mask regulations. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Had a customer come in without a mask on last night. I asked him to put one on, he said he couldn’t because he had a “cold condition” (whatever that means), so I asked him to step outside and we’d help him curbside. He told us that we were making HIM feel uncomfortable wearing OUR masks; but at least he stepped outside. 

I then sent my employee outside to assist him and he apparently went on some tirade about how the country is communist and he’s not a soldier or a drone and we need to step up to the owner about mask regulations. 

The asinine reactions to mask regulations is the dumbest, more ridiculous hill to die on I've seen in my life time.  No one cares about your weirdo political stances on mask wearing.  Wear it or get the **** out.  

I think if I owned a business, I'd have this sign in my front window:

BB1eLsax.img?h=768&w=1366&m=6&q=60&o=f&l

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Was in downtown Houston last night for the first time in probably a year and while I can't speak for other restaurants nearby, the Saltgrass pretty much gave no damns about masks...had one in my pocket (kind of consider it an admission ticket as much as anything else these days) if the hostess insisted, but she didn't.

Probably 90% mask-free patrons inside (employees still had to), and felt good to see people's faces in public again.

Some will disagree, but many businesses still requiring them have as reasons 1-20 not wanting the potential liability, even though your trip to, say, the grocery store or Home Depot is not (and never has been) a primary source of spread.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

The people that insist on wearing a mask for everyone (no personal choice, one size fits all) are the same people that believe the data and science are the same as it was since the beginning of the pandemic.  They have bought into the early fear mongering and nothing has changed regardless of states that have no mask mandate and have NOT seen a big increase in COVID cases.

One has to wonder why a vaccinated President wears a mask under circumstances that his own CDC says it is safe to not wear the mask.  Now that is a weirdo political stance.

• Facepalm 1

On 5/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Now that is a weirdo political stance.

Enjoy

May be a meme of 1 person and text that says 'TikTok @ thebloggerchuck CDC Now Recommends Wearing A Seat Belt Even When You're Outside The Car'

• Haha 2

Welp, one of my covid-denying coworker’s father is in the hospital with it. According to what I was told he had been sick, and thought he “just had pneumonia”. He didn’t get tested until he was in the ER. 

She lives with her parents and failed to inform anyone at work that he was sick all week long. So she’s off the schedule for the time being. 

11 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Welp, one of my covid-denying coworker’s father is in the hospital with it. According to what I was told he had been sick, and thought he “just had pneumonia”. He didn’t get tested until he was in the ER. 

She lives with her parents and failed to inform anyone at work that he was sick all week long. So she’s off the schedule for the time being. 

Sucks that you have to deal with that + stupid customers. 

I worked retail/customer facing jobs just a few years ago, and I know it'd be horrible having to do it all throughout this pandemic. 

57 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Sucks that you have to deal with that + stupid customers. 

I worked retail/customer facing jobs just a few years ago, and I know it'd be horrible having to do it all throughout this pandemic. 

The anti-maskers have been out in full force lately because the governor of Tennessee made a dumb tweet about how he wanted to open up the state. It also doesn’t help that I work about 10 minutes from the Mississippi state border, who lifted their mandate about a month or so ago. 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2021/05/experts-cdcs-summer-camp-rules-are-cruel-irrational.html?__twitter_impression=true

Check out the totally unbiased, objective CDC's guidelines for summer camps.

I'd hope that any summer camp worth a damn would take their "guidance" and file 13 it post-haste. 

They are consistent in their inconsistency.

Regardless of feelings about wearing masks or if the Governor has removed the mandates for the respective counties, you should still respect the wishes of the individual establishments. A lot of places provide free masks if you forget yours. It isn't that big of an inconvenience.  If you don't like it, don't shop there.  On the other hand, if the store doesn't require masks and you are adamant everyone should be wearing one...you also don't have to shop there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

Regardless of feelings about wearing masks or if the Governor has removed the mandates for the respective counties, you should still respect the wishes of the individual establishments. A lot of places provide free masks if you forget yours. It isn't that big of an inconvenience.  If you don't like it, don't shop there.  On the other hand, if the store doesn't require masks and you are adamant everyone should be wearing one...you also don't have to shop there.

I go along to get along where needed, as I am not outwardly confrontational by nature, but I keep my eyes and ears open for places that have gone from "required" to "recommended." There are more businesses headed that direction, slowly but surely. 

• Like 1

What’s wrong with this picture?  Anybody?

Obviously, Jill and Joe look way too big while they sit within 6 feet of the 90+ Year olds.  Anything else?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What’s wrong with this picture?  Anybody?

Obviously, Jill and Joe look way too big while they sit within 6 feet of the 90+ Year olds.  Anything else?

Bidens are on a high protein diet.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Bidens are on a high protein diet.

It’s working, but Jill’s % body fat has taken a hit.

Spent the last two days at Greystone CC. Tickets state masks are mandatory. They were on trolley, nowhere else. Surprised actually. Spoke with CBH and CAG. Class acts. Also not wearing masks. Obviously an outdoor event, so there is that. Still somewhat surprised maybe 5% of crowd wore mask. Not even in hospitality tents.

BTW, Nick and Kirby were not wearing masks either.

Anti-maskers in full force.

Edited by AUFAN78

My covid-denying co worker’s father is now intubated in the icu. She still won’t get tested. She currently has “seasonal allergies”. My store owner won’t be putting her back on the schedule for the foreseeable future. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

My covid-denying co worker’s father is now intubated in the icu. She still won’t get tested. She currently has “seasonal allergies”. My store owner won’t be putting her back on the schedule for the foreseeable future. 

I think the pink slip is in order here for, you know, being an asshat. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I think the pink slip is in order here for, you know, being an asshat. 

If it were up to me, she would’ve been gone when I found out that she put all my other coworkers at risk last week when she neglected to tell anyone that he was sick. 

11 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

If it were up to me, she would’ve been gone when I found out that she put all my other coworkers at risk last week when she neglected to tell anyone that he was sick. 

Ok just now noticing but when the hell did you change your avatar to Chance the Rapper?