247 2020 Talent Rankings

Gowebb11

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm sure they pay because they do everything else well but if we're all honest these kids are going to them anyway. 

I'm just saying we really can't trick ourselves into believing they were going to come and play for us, or not take ownership on stuff like they have tip top facilities, our guys have to beg for gear.....(And I'm finding out people still hate them for being athletes) or you know chances of going or just being prepared for the NFL as opposed to us wr's don't run routes, or qb's don't read defense, and etc....IMO we really can't complain about stuff like money until we at least attempt to be good

Agreed on all accounts. But I'm not even upset about comparing us or looking at battles between each other (despite the Buid-a-ne$$ Deci$ion).

The problem is they're recruiting at unprecedented levels and maintaining success at never before seen consistency. One would think it would raise at least one eyebrow for somebody at the top to give it a look. I honestly believe one day there's going to be some ESPN 30-for-30 where people's jaws will hit the floor as they explain the atrocities Bama committed and that the NCAA knew and did nothing. It's already ridiculous the angry midget up there gets any NCAA rule change he wants when he loses.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Absolutely, once you get there. It's just sooooooo far away from any concentration of talent. Harsin (and Petersen) worked some serious magic to get the talent that they did. 

Build a BLUE field and they will come!

4 minutes ago, creed said:

If I were in charge of a university in a small town I'd build up the town on my own. College ran movie theater? Bet. College ran putt-putt? Done. 

48 minutes ago, creed said:

This was fantastic lol

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

@bigbird is gonna get mad but for some reason most of the Texas kids are soft or overrated.  Like they are coached so well in HS that they peaked and don't develop in college.  Not all, but seems like a lot.  Herman was an awful coach, so I know that had something to do with it.  It'll be interesting see what Sark can do

Wait, what, huuhhhh? So the kids were coached up so much in high school that they stopped developing after that? Sometimes I worry about you brother! Could they be so good that they should just skip college and go pro? Or even the pros couldn’t develop them further? Wait, what, huuhhh?

41 minutes ago, toddc said:

Wait, what, huuhhhh? So the kids were coached up so much in high school that they stopped developing after that? Sometimes I worry about you brother! Could they be so good that they should just skip college and go pro? Or even the pros couldn’t develop them further? Wait, what, huuhhh?

Kids in elite programs all the time peak vs other players that haven't had elite coaching their whole lives. Burford kids in GA is another example. 

33 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Kids in elite programs all the time peak vs other players that haven't had elite coaching their whole lives. Burford kids in GA is another example. 

You really think that a kid peaks in high school and can’t develop further? That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a while. Maybe I’m just not following your logic.

It is not just distance Boise is in the middle of Nowhere. You have to cross the Rocky mountains to get to California there is no major freeway from Boise to California and no close by Major airports. When Auburn Recruits South Florida we have major freeways and nearby airports. 

It is a 14 hour Drive from LA to Boise and there are long stretches that are not on Freeways. The route to Boise from LA doesn't pass through any major hot beds of talent to break up the trip for recruiters. It is 10 hours from Auburn to Miami almost all on Freeways. Also our recruiters get to stop at multiple hot beds of talent as they go to Miami.

34 minutes ago, toddc said:

You really think that a kid peaks in high school and can’t develop further? That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a while. Maybe I’m just not following your logic.

Some kids do b/c they've been coached up and play above their physical abilities...then get passed b/c they've essentially maxed out.  This isn't that difficult to understand.

This isn't everyone.  Just some, a lot in certain instances

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

@bigbird is gonna get mad but for some reason most of the Texas kids are soft or overrated.  Like they are coached so well in HS that they peaked and don't develop in college.  Not all, but seems like a lot.  Herman was an awful coach, so I know that had something to do with it.  It'll be interesting see what Sark can do

When Texas starts recruiting a kid, the get an automatic star bump from all the rankings.  It's ridiculous.  They're just not that talented.

4 minutes ago, japantiger said:

When Texas starts recruiting a kid, the get an automatic star bump from all the rankings.  It's ridiculous.  They're just not that talented.

And I think that goes into some elite HS programs have kids that are so well coached, they really aren't as talented.

28 minutes ago, japantiger said:

You guys seem to know more about this than me, but I have a hard time believing that Texas high school football players are "soft" as a general rule. Or lacking talent. I hope we are not conflating the flagship university being down with the high school kids being subpar. 

I am pretty sure CBS posted a statistic last year showing that Florida and Texas puts out the most NFL players on an active roster. Not just Texas born, But kids who played and graduated froM Texas high schools.

Well #45 and #48 beat us the last 2 bowl games so that shows just how poorly #14 was being coached and why there had to be a change.  

I will concede a kid with good coaching at HS level may look better than a kid with a weak program, But to think a person won't get better once they get to college doesn't know much about physiology.  Men hit their physical peak in their 20's so to say an 18 year old has peaked is not looking at the physical side of athletics. Endurance peak is late 20's or early 30's.

Most top Powerlifters are between 24-40 so you keep working you keep getting stronger. Football is not just power so it is more complex but your best pro players are in mid 20's. Now the wear and tear of the sport (Injury) can change it for an individual player.

Archived