LSU Transfer QB TJ Finley COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!!!!

Zeek

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

SIAP but keep in mind also that Harsin more or less has a mulligan on this year and Finley gives him 1-2 more years of eligibility than Bo does. If the competition is really close, one might assume that the veteran gets the nod but in this situation it might make more sense to play the baby.  

It’s a good different perspective to bring to the table. There’s really not a path to a championship unless you get Cam level QB play, so if they leave fall not thinking they have that, anything should be open. I’d personally like to see both get burn in that first game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not sure I buy he was used as a pawn to push Bo.  We need depth at QB and he's extremely talented, just Raw. He's a guy with starting experience, something we don't have, and a guy that could develop to be very good and possibly a replacement if Bo doesn't workout the first 5 games of the season.

He was a need and I think we got a really good QB.

I honestly think TJ was pursued because he is a better fit in Harsin's system than DD. I think Gus recruited DD thinking he could be another Nick Marshall.

4 minutes ago, meh130 said:

I honestly think TJ was pursued because he is a better fit in Harsin's system than DD. I think Gus recruited DD thinking he could be another Nick Marshall.

DD is a better passer than Nick, who knows why Gus recruited someone.

Who knows with DD, but we had 2 QBs on the roster with any talent.  We needed another QB no matter what Harsin thought of DD

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

Sean White v Jeremy Johnson was peak board battle

Sean white v JF3 was another doozy

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Sean White could have been an All-AAC legend at the right school. JF3 getting an offer still makes me nauseuosly angry after watching Last Chance U. We offered a JUCO backup who played half a game in front of a scout lol.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t think height is Bo’s detriment so I didn’t mention it, but it’d be pretty ******* difficult to get a pass batted down from Finley, which might be a pro with this OLine

Actually, in the last AU vs LSU game, our DL batted down one of his passes and an LB intercepted it. The downside to being steady in the pocket is that... he's steady in the pocket, even its collapsing all around him. He and Bo both have things to work on.

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Sean White could have been an All-AAC legend at the right school. JF3 getting an offer still makes me nauseuosly angry after watching Last Chance U. We offered a JUCO backup who played half a game in front of a scout lol.

Just Inexplicable on so many levels.

And SW might've been in NYC if he had played at OU or a similar offense.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

Actually, in the last AU vs LSU game, our DL batted down one of his passes and an LB intercepted it. The downside to being steady in the pocket is that... he's steady in the pocket, even its collapsing all around him. He and Bo both have things to work on.

Yeah I said it was hard not impossible lol. But that was one of the worst OL performances I’ve seen, relative to how bad the DL was that was abusing them. 

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I still think there could’ve been a niche on offense where JF3 succeeded, but Gus only knew how to use him in obvious wildcat situations or as a QB where he’d run 7 straight times and throw a bubble screen. The guy did have the best deep throw all season, unironically, vs Bama. At least try a double reverse or something 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Bo would be that far ahead without the extra time.  I hope the kid comes in a sets the world on fire, but he isn't a Cam Newton type transfer or a Jarrett Stidham type transfer.  He brings physical ability to make throws and is a big guy.  Other than that, we haven't seen him actually have a great deal of on the field success.

Yea I am aware. We also haven't seen Bo have a great deal of on the field success. So I believe he will have every opportunity to beat out Bo for QB1. Whether it happens or not....I don't know.

40 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah I said it was hard not impossible lol. But that was one of the worst OL performances I’ve seen, relative to how bad the DL was that was abusing them. 

The fact we were getting pressure on the QB and getting sacks is enough to tell how bad their OL played lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t think height is Bo’s detriment so I didn’t mention it, but it’d be pretty ******* difficult to get a pass batted down from Finley, which might be a pro with this OLine

He had one pass tipped and another fumble in the pocket as he was trying to get the ball off against us last year.

2 hours ago, meh130 said:

I mean, Dematrius Davis was only breaking Kyler Murray's high school records and winning Texas state championships. If Harsin can't find a winning formula with DD, then maybe we have the wrong guy 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I mean, Dematrius Davis was only breaking Kyler Murray's high school records and winning Texas state championships. If Harsin can't find a winning formula with DD, then maybe we have the wrong guy 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pretty much.... from reading some of the comments, one would think that we had no talent at the QB position in recent memory.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yea I am aware. We also haven't seen Bo have a great deal of on the field success. So I believe he will have every opportunity to beat out Bo for QB1. Whether it happens or not....I don't know.

Nix was the 2019 SEC Freshman of the Year. He has been inconsistent, that much we all agree on, but he has had success while being the starting QB.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Stingley deserved that award far more than Bo

100% without a doubt!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

58 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Nix was the 2019 SEC Freshman of the Year. He has been inconsistent, that much we all agree on, but he has had success while being the starting QB.

I mean, an argument could be made that TJ has had success while being the starting QB. His first game he lit up a defense that destroyed Bo Nix. He also lit up Arky. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

And SW might've been in NYC if he had played at OU or a similar offense.

I remember Trent Dilfer talking about SW when he got the nod after JJ flamed so badly. TD said he was amazed that SW wasn't already the starter and that he was one of the better prospects he had worked with doing the E11. SW at OU, especially under Riley would have absolutely been in NYC. I have zero doubt on this.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

At some point we have to admit, and I think the guy might be marginally overrated, Stingley deserved that award far more than Bo

Was arguably the best CB in the country that year and got passed up. I think because LSU was loaded on all fronts maybe that is why Bo got the nod? The voters thought Bo did more with less I guess? I really have no justification for it. I am glad he won it, but DS deserved it.

• Like 1

SW was really lethal over the middle and on timing passes short. Gus did a relatively impressive job of implementing those for him...would’ve loved to see that guy in Bobo’s early 2010s UGA offenses honestly 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Was arguably the best CB in the country that year and got passed up. I think because LSU was loaded on all fronts maybe that is why Bo got the nod? The voters thought Bo did more with less I guess? I really have no justification for it. I am glad he won it, but DS deserved it.

Only one defender has gotten it since 2005 and it was a split decision between AP and coaches. Unfortunately an offensive award like everything else now. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I remember Trent Dilfer talking about SW when he got the nod after JJ flamed so badly. TD said he was amazed that SW wasn't already the starter and that he was one of the better prospects he had worked with doing the E11. SW at OU, especially under Riley would have absolutely been in NYC. I have zero doubt on this.

Dilfer also said SW could “paint pictures with his balls.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3