LSU Transfer QB TJ Finley COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!!!!

Zeek

42 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Way to blow up his spot, Coach

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

This thread is gone be crazy if it’s made official tomorrow 

Not sure what else there is to be said.

He's already said he can beat out Bo & will if he comes.  Now is the time to show it on the field.  Basically we have 10 weeks of pointless reports of "TJ's work ethic has players intrigued" or "Rumor had it TJ has impressed the coaches".  These stories will write themselves and I'm sure we'll hammer the hell out of our keyboards debating their veracity. 

Everyone ITT wants Finely on the team and to be the QB, the timeline of the later is what has been up for discussion.  He makes our roster better, that's what matters right now.

I'll be interested if he can push and pass Bo like so many are sure of.  Fall camp will have a lot of story lines with a QB battle brewing.  If we get a better Bo or he ends up winning the job we have a better QB than we had in the spring.  Both are positives of Auburn.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure what else there is to be said.

He's already said he can beat out Bo & will if he comes.  Now is the time to show it on the field.  Basically we have 10 weeks of pointless reports of "TJ's work ethic has players intrigued" or "Rumor had it TJ has impressed the coaches".  These stories will write themselves and I'm sure we'll hammer the hell out of our keyboards debating their veracity. 

Everyone ITT wants Finely on the team and to be the QB, the timeline of the later is what has been up for discussion.  He makes our roster better, that's what matters right now.

I'll be interested if he can push and pass Bo like so many are sure of.  Fall camp will have a lot of story lines with a QB battle brewing.  If we get a better Bo or he ends up winning the job we have a better QB than we had in the spring.  Both are positives of Auburn.

I think the recruiting forum is at a good consensus about Finley... when it hits the regular foofb board I think we'll see some more sparks lol

A lot of posters never read outside of that forum 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think the recruiting forum is at a good consensus about Finley... when it hits the regular foofb board I think we'll see some more sparks lol

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148869hali79qnl5aj66qmp

• Like 1
  • Love 2

That’s what makes this forum so much fun and informative, and head scratching at times. Things like this is what sports junkies like me live for! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

That’s what makes this forum so much fun and informative, and head scratching at times. Things like this is what sports junkies like me live for! 

Only second to the head coach search 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Really massive to get this fella with his prerogative, his outlook, all that stuff, and him even having schools interested that have an "easier" situation than a 2.5 year entrenched starter. 

People say they put alot work in for that Gunner kid, and on Holden, but this is their finest recruiting job to me. Logically speaking, Auburn does NOT make sense for what he wants (or at least doesn't make the most sense). 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

We are an advanced breed that posts here.

Bo might be one of the most controversial starters we've had in a while.

Bo vs Gatewood in 2019 had ppl dug in on both sides.  I was Team Joey

Bo 2020 had nothing 

2021 has already DD's recruiting star shine bright with many thinking he pushes Bo and maybe taking over.  Now we're on to the new candy is TJ.

2022, hypothetically Bo starts and say has a 65% comp and is like 20/7 TD/INT.  Better, but nothing amazing.  Finely will probably play mop up duty, dominated a few drives vs bad opponents.  March 2022 we'll be having this same exact discussion.  🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Bo 2020 had nothing 

2021 has already DD's recruiting star shine bright with many thinking he pushes Bo and maybe taking over.  Now we're on to the new candy is TJ.

2022, hypothetically Bo starts and say has a 65% comp and is like 20/7 TD/INT.  Better, but nothing amazing.  Finely will probably play mop up duty, dominated a few drives vs bad opponents.  March 2022 we'll be having this same exact discussion.  🤣🤣🤣

Sean White v Jeremy Johnson was peak board battle

• Like 3

This is a win-win if he comes. Bo needs some competition and TJ has a lot of eligibility left. I'll be pulling for TJ because I think I've seen enough of Bo, but if he pushes Bo to be a whole lot better, I'll be thrilled about that too. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Bo 2020 had nothing 

Your analogy is pretty good, but I see one thing different in 2021.

Even if he improves to 20/7, it will depend on how he performs in games against Penn St, and GA that will determine if he continues to start and finish any games after that. If he struggles against good defenses like those, I can see Finley coming in, and seeing if he can spark the team and provide more consistency in the passing game, and executing Harsin's offense...

Harsin doesn't owe Bo anything, as the new HC, who never recruited him to Auburn. I hope and expect that he will do what he wants to do at QB, to win games...AND develop for the future too, including 2022.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Harsin doesn't owe Bo anything, as the new HC, who never recruited him to Auburn.

Ideally this doesn't ever matter going forward.

One hour zeek

in one hour you will be labeled the Chris Broussard or the Adam Schefter of this board 

• Haha 6

56 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Even if he improves to 20/7, it will depend on how he performs in games against Penn St, and GA that will determine if he continues to start and finish any games after that.

But that would require actually watching the games and trying to understand how players earn their stats. It'd be easier for some of our fans to try to understand a Chris Nolan movie. 

Inception GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Zeek changed the title to LSU Transfer QB TJ Finley COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!!!!

"I love them," Finley said of Harsin and offensive coordinator Mike Bobo. "They're fired-up guys. Guys that want to win and will do anything to win. I like their system. I knew what to expect from the coaches recruiting me, the things they say. I know what they say when they really want me and what they say when they really just want to add depth.

🙄

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

🙄

Meh, that could mean that they want him to come in and make a real push to be the starter because they don't think Bo has it, or it could mean that they are better at saying the right things than other schools are. Or, ideally, it means that they legitimately want him to give Bo a competition, and they don't care which one wins the job.

Just now, Rednilla said:

Meh, that could mean that they want him to come in and make a real push to be the starter because they don't think Bo has it, or it could mean that they are better at saying the right things than other schools are. Or, ideally, it means that they legitimately want him to give Bo a competition, and they don't care which one wins the job.

What that said to me is T.J. could distinguish when a coach is BSing him or not. I honestly don’t think the interpretation is as hard as it seems. But people like to see what they want 

• Like 4