Thought I would share...

Tigerpro2a

Hope you took a picture of them, it's a rare sighting to find a level headed Bama fan much less a group of them. :)

• Haha 5

If the powers that be/boosters that control the purse strings will stay out of the way and not meddle, a no-nonsense up and coming coach like Harsin may be just the coach to help AU reach its full potential. I just hope folks have some patience in this first year. With new receivers, thin numbers at offensive line, all the transfers and new schemes on both sides of the ball, I see a tough row to hoe in the first season. But like I keep saying, Dye's first season didn't produce a winning record but it did show what kind of team he was going to put on the field, and that turned out to be pretty darn good!

War Eagle!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

If the powers that be/boosters that control the purse strings will stay out of the way and not meddle, a no-nonsense up and coming coach like Harsin may be just the coach to help AU reach its full potential. I just hope folks have some patience in this first year. With new receivers, thin numbers at offensive line, all the transfers and new schemes on both sides of the ball, I see a tough row to hoe in the first season. But like I keep saying, Dye's first season didn't produce a winning record but it did show what kind of team he was going to put on the field, and that turned out to be pretty darn good!

War Eagle!

• I don't see Harsin as the type of guy that will entertain meddling from the outside
  • Along those same lines, Harsin is not really an up and coming coach.  He is very well established as a successful head coach
  • Yep, receivers will be thin, but offensive line should be better with good numbers for this year
  • I don't think we went into the negative on transfers.  Seems like we at least broke even, maybe even on the positive side of things, but that remains to be seen.
  • New schemes....yes, please.  Minus the few mental mistakes that will arise because of the newness (that you are alluding to), I think the new schemes will be better for the players, especially on the offensive side of the ball.
  • Maybe it is just me, but I say we shoot for a championship season.
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just a little FYI... CBH is the most successful coach with the best pedigree that we've hired. 

No dispute here. Right after he was hired I went and looked at his record at Boise State. Very impressed with what he did there following Peterson.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Hope you took a picture of them, it's a rare sighting to find a level headed Bama fan much less a group of them. :)

They were really good guys. Not like a lot of the turds. We met them in parking lot and after talking we all hit it off and decided to play together. Great group of guys.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, gr82be said:

Yeah probably had all their teeth too

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

They were really good guys. Not like a lot of the turds. We met them in parking lot and after talking we all hit it off and decided to play together. Great group of guys.

I'm guessing they were actual alums? The ones that I know tend to be perfectly fine. Great, even. My best bammer friends have been very quiet. That's a good sign. 

Way to handle the business. War Damn Eagle. #ironbowlofrecreationalgolf

And @bigbird, I'm out of reactions, but a genuine thank you for saying that about Harsin's success and pedigree. I feel like folks should be reminded from time to time. @AU_Twisterman, too. The last time we went "outside the family", it was Tubs. And the boosters had no control over him. Harsin is even further outside the grasp of their tentacles. He's Greene's guy. The money things are happening. Until Harsin gives us reason to think otherwise, Saul Goodman. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And @bigbird, I'm out of reactions, but a genuine thank you for saying that about Harsin's success and pedigree. I feel like folks should be reminded from time to time.

thor-marvel.gif

• Haha 2

Not thing is certain in sports but i agree with these bammers. I think we may have finally found the the first football coach that could take AU to the next level since Pat Dye was here. Tubs was close but he could never get over the hump to make AU elite and then Saban came in a put him out to pasture very quickly. Harsin understands that its not just about X's and O's but its about building the whole program up. He has a plan and vision on how to go about accomplishing his goal of making AU and championship program and he has the mindset and determination to see that vision through. He is coming in at a tough time with bama and uga are at the tops of their game. But he knew that coming in and does not seem even a little intimated by the hill that he's going to have to climb to knock those programs off the mountain top. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gravejd said:

He is coming in at a tough time with bama and uga are at the tops of their game. But he knew that coming in and does not seem even a little intimated by the hill that he's going to have to climb to knock those programs off the mountain top. 

He sees opportunity, and for good reason. 

One thing a lot of folks don't think about is that bama, uga, Clemson and LSU have all had the outrageous success they have recently for reasons that also apply to us- resources and being right in the middle of, by far, the most football talent in the country. Yes, bama and uga have leveled up with insane purchasing power and, at least in bama's case, a coach that can leverage that into championships. (I'm still not sold on bowl cut as a coach.) LSU has that stated locked down and also pulls a lot from Texas. But that still leaves several seats at the table for other programs that can get the formula right. Clemson is proof of that. 

If we become a perennial 10-2 team that keeps losing close ones to bama and uga, then we can talk about how their supremacy is the only thing between us and championships. But even our last two coaches proved that's not really the case, and they were, uh, not SEC Big Six head coaching material. 

Been said many times, but the 1981 comparisons are almost eerie. You know what actually is eerie? Dye should've won a national championship in 1983. Bowden went undefeated in 1993. Tubs went undefeated in 2004. Gus went to the title game in 2013. (2010 is the outlier and 100% happened because the greatest college QB of all time quite literally landed in our laps for one season on accident.) I think the general consensus among the fanbase is that we should know what we've got in Harsin by 2023, but if he's got a new QB and a young OL, it might be 2024. Regardless, the patterns and cycles suggest very good things coming up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

War Eagle!

I agree with you 100% but want to emphasize that it is not just 1st year but first 2  to 3 years that it will be a rough row to hoe. For some reason I think we will find a way to be competitive this year. I am more worried about next year as Bird has pointed out our Achilles heal O-Line will be even thinner next year then this year.  Even with a really strong Freshman O-line class next year most won't be ready to help right away so the transfer Portal and Juco has to come thorough or some key Covid Seniors have to opt to play for one more year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

This is very very important

Would we have won by more or less if you had been playing in the scramble. 🤪

Edited by AuburnNTexas

16 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

For certain PBR  consumption would have increased exponentially 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

What do you think big boy

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

What do you think big boy

Never seen you play. That said  based on what you have written in past

I think a bigger win.

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Never seen you play. That said  based on what you have written in past

I think a bigger win.

Just giving you a hard time..................birds not around at the moment got to pick on someone

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

Just a little FYI... CBH is the most successful coach with the best pedigree that we've hired. 

But wait!  The jury's still out!  He's from the MWC & doesn't know how to recruit the SEC!  He may be the one that keeps us from becoming Tennessee -- we won't know until 10 years from now if he's The One!  

j/k  Thought I would offer some (tired) rebuttals for the heck of it.  If Harsin's hire is making opposing fans uncomfortable about the future, then I'm all for it.  Just remember how we all felt when Shula & Richt were fired.  It's like, "uh-oh  Party's over."  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Just giving you a hard time..................birds not around at the moment got to pick on someone

I can take it. LOL

• Love 1