"Defund the Police" - Another Republican 'Big Lie' Talking Point

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

I guess the moral here is to censor any fool who associates themselves with the Democratic party.  Especially considering Fox News has an unlimited supply of tar and feathers.

No, the point is to not let your opponents frame the issue that destroys your election efforts. You run CLEARLY and LOUDLY away from points that your opponents painted you into, like a damaging corner.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

No, the point is to not let your opponents frame the issue that destroys your election efforts. You run CLEARLY and LOUDLY away from points that your opponents painted you into a damaging corner.

Right, blame the victim.

Fringe radicals - who are by definition politically tone deaf -  do not define the Democratic party.  Republicans and Fox News focus on such elements rather than the leadership.

(Note how many quotes from Democratic leadership have been proffered on this thread.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Right, blame the victim.

Fringe radicals - who are by definition politically tone deaf -  do not define the Democratic party.  Republicans and Fox News focus on such elements rather than the leadership.

An army of strawmen there.

1) Democrats are not the victims. I have no idea where that came from. They simply need to do is get more PROACTIVE. 
2) Your opponents will always take the fringe and paint them as mainstream. It si just how politics works.
3) The DNCC got jobbed in one of the most heavily stacked elections in history and made some bad decisions as to messaging. It went bad. They need to up their game.
4) We have history AND bad messaging to overcome. The Dems know this but instead of making changes, are yet again relying on the same people that failed the last cycle.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/15/934586955/house-democrats-dissect-what-went-wrong-and-how-to-rebound-from-losses

Edited by DKW 86
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

An army of strawmen there.

1) Democrats are not the victims. I have no idea where that came from. They simply need to do is get more PROACTIVE. 
2) Your opponents will always take the fringe and paint them as mainstream. It si just how politics works.
3) The DNCC got jobbed in one of the most heavily stacked elections in history and made some bad decisions as to messaging. It went bad. They need to up their game.
4) We have history AND bad messaging to overcome. The Dems know this but instead of making changes, are yet again relying on the same people that failed the last cycle.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/15/934586955/house-democrats-dissect-what-went-wrong-and-how-to-rebound-from-losses

Let's face it, Republicans are much, much more skillful at promoting the "big lie".  They also have huge advantages in media outlets in doing so.

I agree Democrats need to be more active and effective in playing defense, but that will always have it's limitations. (What's the saying about a lie traveling around the world before a fact get's out of bed?)

But I shouldn't even be talking to you, so bye.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

You didn't even read the article, did you?  (Hint: the underlined parts are actually links to support the statement.

I read all of your articles unless they are 9 page Vox opinion articles. Perhaps voting no on COPS not a bad thing. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2014/09/26/bill-clintons-claim-that-100000-cops-sent-the-crime-rate-way-down/

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, the exact same way that staging a military coup to overturn our democracy is a conservative Republican slogan/idea:

"This weekend, former Trump National Security Adviser, Michael Flynn, called for a military coup against the U.S. government. He argued that, just like what happened in Myanmar, our military should seize power and overthrow our democratically elected government. We should all be alarmed when a former presidential appointee so blatantly turns his back on American democracy."

https://time.com/6053336/michael-flynn-coup/

Haven't seen any serious discussion about that on Fox News, or even this forum.

Have not watched Fox in ages…sticks and stones from Flynn. Worry not. No Troops from Benning mobilizing nor fighter jets from Tyndall

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Have not watched Fox in ages…sticks and stones from Flynn. Worry not. No Troops from Benning mobilizing nor fighter jets from Tyndall

I don't worry about that any more than you worry about the Democrats defunding the police. :glare:

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

No, Jen Psaki. It is Democrats – Not Republicans – Who Are Defunding The Police.

https://amac.us/no-jen-psaki-it-is-democrats-not-republicans-who-are-defunding-the-police-heres-the-proof/

• Dislike 1

Pretty sure the fact checkers at Washington Post rated this story as "Three Pinocchios", which is pretty bad, especially considering how biased the WaPo can be towards the Democratic Party. Fact is, Democratic leadership from cities across America did call for a defunding of the police last year, and it was often done in combination with not allowing the police to enforce any laws. 17 Walgreens stores are shutting down in San Francisco due to rampant shoplifting. Apparently people can shoplift legally so long as it's less than $950. Buckhead is trying to secede from Atlanta due to the rapid increase in crime, and Brookhaven already left the city. The city cut their corrections budget by 60% and converted the Atlanta jail into a "center of equity, health, and wellness."

I can't believe this is even an argument. Talk about Gaslighting. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/murders-surge-as-police-are-defunded-up-64percent-in-minneapolis/ar-BB1fEEib

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Ask any democrat if they support BLM, and you'll have a good idea who among them supports defending the police ....

I think a lot of people have failed to understand that there's a very distinct difference "black lives matter" and "Black Lives Matter." The overwhelming majority of Americans believe in the statement "black lives matter", and are thereby sucked into agreeing with the efforts of the organization that is "Black Lives Matter." But that's a different can of worms.

Edited by caleb1633
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

I think a lot of people have failed to understand that there's a very distinct difference "black lives matter" and "Black Lives Matter." The overwhelming majority of Americans believe in the statement "black lives matter", and are thereby sucked into agreeing with the efforts of the organization that is "Black Lives Matter." But that's a different can of worms.

I hope your correct!