SECMD21 - Auburn

Tigerpro2a

10 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Man OP got me excited again. Talking about a team meeting they had trying to break the cycle of the JABA stuff. A lot of fans don't believe it will happen but attitude plays a huge part in us not winning at LSPoo since the freaking 90's. I Believe!

Bring back the AUtitude!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

It would be nice if he lived up to his 5* rating. I know D Mason has probably had him circled. 

Are you serious? 5 star players are expected to contribute year 1 and be a full time starter by year 2 in most cases.They are also expected to develop into a high round draft pick. 

O. Pappoe has been a day 1 starter and has played very well with all things considered. I also expect him to be drafted in the 1st couple of rounds after this year, but it's still too early to call on that one.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Gus is such a ****.  I wish Harsin woulda punched the douche in the face at midfield.  

I was wondering what the 15 yd penalty thing was. If that happened exactly as Harsin said it did... yikes. Even if Harsin did something in the interim to piss Gus off, I can't believe he did that to the kids he left after one year of coaching them and swearing he wasn't a one and done coach.

Just gross.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Gus is such a ****.  I wish Harsin woulda punched the douche in the face at midfield.  

What’s the story behind this?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, woodford said:

What’s the story behind this?

When Harsin was at Arky State after Gus left to come to Auburn.  They made an agreement between coaches that Arky State would wear the all grey uniforms.  Before the game Gus went back on his word and accepted 2 15 yard penalties(1 each half) against Arkansas State for the dark uniforms.

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was wondering what the 15 yd penalty thing was. If that happened exactly as Harsin said it did... yikes. Even if Harsin did something in the interim to piss Gus off, I can't believe he did that to the kids he left after one year of coaching them and swearing he wasn't a one and done coach.

Just gross.

Man I didn't even think about that angle.    Wooooow

4 hours ago, auburnphan said:

When Harsin was at Arky State after Gus left to come to Auburn.  They made an agreement between coaches that Arky State would wear the all grey uniforms.  Before the game Gus went back on his word and accepted 2 15 yard penalties(1 each half) against Arkansas State for the dark uniforms.

So he lied to get the yards? Lmao

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Just gross.

This can’t be true. Gus is a truly nice guy that always represented AU with class. Next thing you’re gonna be telling me that he isn’t an offensive genius that set records 🙄

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

37 minutes ago, fredst said:

This can’t be true. Gus is a truly nice guy that always represented AU with class. Next thing you’re gonna be telling me that he isn’t an offensive genius that set records 🙄

why do u hate aubrun

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

why do u hate aubrun

Why don’t you go steal another boat and leave me alone? You are obviously not a true Auburn fan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

Why don’t you go steal another boat and leave me alone? You are obviously not a true Auburn fan

You almost put me in the floor with this 😂

2FB526D1-0260-40B5-A970-0EC886B8D329.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Hey fam, just wanted to know what everyone thought about Harsin's speech at Media days aside from the growing pages of craziness on the other thread.

Also What were your thoughts on Nix and Pappoe? I thought they both spoke well and seemed confident. I wish Bo would stop saying obviously.

When he got rolling there at the end and was so intense in his feelings and how he wants this team and each player to be prepared, I kept thinking to myself, If we ever had to go to war again, I WANT Harsin to be my platoon leader. If I am in battle against the enemy this guy would help us beat them and keep me alive for damn sure.

• Like 3

If I remember correctly, the all gray uniforms were flagged by the refs because there wasn’t enough contrast between the gray and the white numbers.  I think that Ark St. was asked to change jerseys or be penalized.  Gus accepted the penalties instead of making them change. Someone look it up and see if I’m wrong, but I think that’s how the whole thing went down. At least that is how I remember it, being at that game.  

Anyway, I was impressed by Harsin, if not a little bored, but that’s fine with me if he is able to produce his vision on the field.  No did okay, but not a lot of personality.  Very controlled.  Owen was great! He showed his personality and I loved it.  Hoping for a great year.  If they can keep all the outside noise at bay, I think we will surprise some people.  

• Like 1

If it was me, I'd show a bit more personality and stuff first couple of years....But if it was me our team wouldn't have too many plays.....it would be like Gus an high school playbook and we'd suck.......

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Owen was great! He showed his personality and I loved it.

I really liked listening to Owen. One of my favorites on the team anyway. 

• Like 2

Oh and I love that Bo didn't back down and said the beat Alabama stuff. I wish he didn't try to explain it so much but hell yeah say it, I'm not scared I've beaten them before and I look forward to the opportunity to play them again

• Love 2

A very good job by CBH and SEC people took note. Harsin was in command of the stage, very comfortable, came across as a goal oriented well organized leader and a fierce competitor. Bo and Owen both carried themselves well and did an excellent job too.  

• Like 3

On 7/22/2021 at 7:28 PM, AuburnEagle79 said:

I thought it was great. He's a no nonsense to the point guy, so obviously we won't get any Spurrier soundbites, but I really enjoyed listening to him talk about the decision to come here after deciding he was set at Boise. 

Like most of us, I'm a sucker for the Creed, so hearing him say that was a key indicator to why he wanted to come, I loved it. 

LtS.gif