Chances Harsin gives his post scrimmage presser via zoom from home??

W.E.D

Just posting the video! Not saying it’s right, wrong, or indifferent. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Correct . However, the decision being made not only may potentially impact health but it could potentially affect the outcome of our game. That is a major risk you are doing and that’s fine. I just kind want to know the rationale of you taking such risk.

I'm not sure if I'm smart enough to understand your question. Are you saying that Harsin not publicly stating his vaccination status is a risk? Like - by not stating it publicly, he could potentially be dissuading players from making the decision to vaccinate?

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Just posting the video! Not saying it’s right, wrong, or indifferent. 

Man, I used to love Rick and Bubba when all they did was tell jokes and stories. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, eagle12 said:

Well would you say that the current military strategy is working today ? Because that’s exactly what or how it’s run now! 

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I never saw anyone prove themselves so stupid in such a short amount of time on this board, congrats.

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I never saw anyone prove themselves so stupid in such a short amount of time on this board, congrats.

What when you looked in the mirror! lol.

• Dislike 1

Just now, Barnacle said:

Man, I used to love Rick and Bubba when all they did was tell jokes and stories. 

Never listened to them but I thought their take was interesting and several on the discussion feel the same way.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

and he had rationale as to why he chose to coach that way. You don’t have to agree with it but I respect that he at least provided rationale.

Right, he did his analysis and can articulate his rationale. 

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I'm not sure if I'm smart enough to understand your question. Are you saying that Harsin not publicly stating his vaccination status is a risk? Like - by not stating it publicly, he could potentially be dissuading players from making the decision to vaccinate?

What I am saying is his actions impact more than himself because of the role he is in. Whether he does it publicly or privately is irrelevant to that point. For example if he is privately saying I am not getting the vaccination to his team and half the players follow suit, cool. However, do understand If a covid sweep happens, and you don't have enough players to field a team and that causes us to lose a game, then he is ultimately responsible for that. It is one thing if an individual player says I don't want to do it. Guess what? If you have to sit out and you lose your starting position that is on you. And if you can live with that, COOL. You have to weigh the risk and benefits of that. But CBH is a leader and his decision impacts more than just himself. That comes with leadership. People feed off your energy when you are a leader. 

So from not only a health rationale but a strategic point, what is your reasoning to risk that? I know someone is going to say well if you are vaccinated you can still get covid. I know this, but I am willing to bet those teams who are vaccinated at a certain threshold will have far less chances of that happening, if any because the bylaws of how the SEC will test. I am sure others will say "Well, if that is the case, then he cares more about winning than losing." That is a fair point, but again he is not only a leader, he also has a job to do. So if you could minimize the chances of losing players, why would you not be for it? That's all I want to know. And if you are okay with that then cool. 

NS has the perfect response (In my eyes) to this situation.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There’s something seriously wrong with that poster’s line of thinking 

on everything 

That’s exactly why people like you shouldn’t be allowed to moderate. Because what I say is a opinion. 

17 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Well would you say that the current military strategy is working today ? Because that’s exactly what or how it’s run now! 

You are deflecting but to your point I can't stand Biden's decision and I won't speak on that now anymore. That is for the political forum. Try to stay on point.

Edited by DAG

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are deflecting but to your point I can't stand Biden's decision and I won't speak on that now anymore. That is or the political forum. Try to stay on point.

No just a good example on the military topic. O this is in no way a football topic from the start of the post.

Edited by eagle12

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

What I am saying is his actions impact more than himself because of the role he is in. Whether he does it publicly or privately is irrelevant to that point. For example if he is privately saying I am not getting the vaccination to his team and half the players follow suit, cool. However, do understand If a covid sweep happens, and you don't have enough players to field a team and that causes us to lose a game, then he is ultimately responsible for that. It is one thing if an individual player says I don't want to do it. Guess what? If you have to sit out and you lose your starting position that is on you. And if you can live with that, COOL. You have to weigh the risk and benefits of that. But CBH is a leader and his decision impacts more than just himself. That comes with leadership. People feed off your energy when you are a leader. 

So from not only a health rationale but a strategic point, what is your reasoning to risk that? I know someone is going to say well if you are vaccinated you can still get covid. I know this, but I am willing to bet those teams who are vaccinated at a certain threshold will have far less chances of that happening, if any because the bylaws of how the SEC will test. I am sure others will say "Well, if that is the case, then he cares more about winning than losing." That is a fair point, but again he is not only a leader, he also has a job to do. So if you could minimize the chances of losing players, why would you not be for it? That's all I want to know. And if you are okay with that then cool. 

NS has the perfect response (In my eyes) to this situation.

I'm not cool with risking any of that. I've consistently held that Harsin is responsible for our low vaccination rate, that I wish he would publicly support vaccination, and encourage our players to get vaccinated.

If I said something that lead you to believe otherwise, I apologize. I'm pretty sure you and I are on the same page regarding player vaccination.

I've only said that if Harsin is against the vaccine, I'd rather him keep his trap shut about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

I'm not cool with risking any of that. I've consistently held that Harsin is responsible for our low vaccination rate, that I wish he would publicly support vaccination, and encourage our players to get vaccinated.

If I said something that lead you to believe otherwise, I apologize. I'm pretty sure you and I are on the same page regarding player vaccination.

I've only said that if Harsin is against the vaccine, I'd rather him keep his trap shut about it. 

I know you aren't. I am not speaking about you. I am saying you (As in CBH) , if he does indeed have this position. He is the leader in that locker room and that program, so he does have a different set of responsibilities and expectations. I respect your stance. I just think we have to agree to disagree,

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I know you aren't. I am not speaking about you. I am saying you (As in CBH) , if he does indeed have this position. He is the leader in that locker room and that program, so he does have a different set of responsibilities and expectations. I respect your stance. I just think we have to agree to disagree,

That's cool. I think we're aiming for the same target. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Ok he was targeted Harsin was at the SEC media days on the vaccine! He didn’t volunteer to talk about it. And you can bet the reporter had inside knowledge of this .

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good.

… wrong, or indifferent 

fify

Edited by toddc