Auburn leaps into the top 25 in the AP poll

AuburnTiger4Life

40 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think we'll be top 19 if we just win vs PSU. Probably top..13? if we win convincingly 

There's been some big leaps and falls 

PSU is #11. We should jump all those 1 loss teams.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

PSU is #11. We should jump all those 1 loss teams.

Think it depends on how much they value Auburn in actually valuing Auburn vs just us being a means to an end for a ranked TV matchup 

also top 19 is a pretty big jump in 3 week for a program that wasn’t ranked at all and didn’t seem particularly close to it 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

one guy ranked us #15 and another put us 16. One is an LSU beat writer 

Nathan Baird

Cleveland.com

About: Ohio State football reporter for http://Cleveland.com. Slowly creeping east like the Big Ten itself.

UGA/Clemson was a boring, sloppy, crappy game.  Without the pick 6, it was 3-3 with 2 QBs that were supposed to set the world afire!  Reminded my of 2008 AU/Miss State....

As much as I hate to say it, it's UAT and then everybody else.  How is Miami still in the top 25 after getting their heads handed to them?  I know these guys are in the ACC and there's not much competition but.....

• Like 1

The jury is still out on UGA. Apparently they were missing their top 4 receivers and have other key players injured. Week 2 should give teams to work out kinks from week 1

4 hours ago, AUreo said:

Nathan Baird

Cleveland.com

About: Ohio State football reporter for http://Cleveland.com. Slowly creeping east like the Big Ten itself.

No way UCLA should be below us at this point. They beat LSU and we beat Akron.

Get ready for College Gameday!

PSU fan:

"7:30 Kick on ABC, Top 25 matchup between two teams that never play each other, under the greatest stage in college football….I would bet my salary on Gameday being in State College"

13 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Get ready for College Gameday!

PSU fan:

"7:30 Kick on ABC, Top 25 matchup between two teams that never play each other, under the greatest stage in college football….I would bet my salary on Gameday being in State College"

Well I hope he has some in savings. Bama and Florida play that weekend. 

5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Well I hope he has some in savings. Bama and Florida play that weekend. 

That will be a CBS game - so the Auburn/PSU should get Kirk because it has a Big10 foe in it. He won't have to travel from the Gameday set.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You are probably right, but Oregon could also jump PSU if they get a win over Ohio State and Ohio State could stay in the top 10. 

Just in case, they made this a noon game. That is 9am for Oregon.

14 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

C81A1B75-985B-4262-92BE-78DDC59292AA.jpegone guy ranked us #15 and another put us 16. One is an LSU beat writer 

That OU beat writer, Nathan Baird is my new favorite!!!😁.     He also picked PSU #7!   He did pick bama 1 and uga 2, so that hurts his status with me a little😂

17 hours ago, W.E.D said:

True, Oregon looked bad and I'm assuming they'll lose 

Not only that but they are traveling from the west coast and have a Noon EST kickoff--9am their time--in the first packed house at the horseshoe since 2019. There's a potential for it to get ugly. But then again, you never know and that's why we play the games!