What's up with the turf on the field?

boisnumber1

i say lets dig up a bunch of them army bugs alive and bury at ol harveys gravesite.

I've been on the field three times in the last couple of weeks. Looks fine in person. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I've been on the field three times in the last couple of weeks. Looks fine in person. 

That really is weird then. The fields on the other game broadcasts didn’t look like ours and apparently it’s not just my tv that may be screwed up. I totally believe you, it’s just odd. 

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Well aren't you just special.................................:poke:

Turf looked fine in person. Weather this year has been extremely odd though. I live north of Atl and am in the landscape industry here and I will say all the bermudas are in their last leg for the year already. Extremely early for that to be happening.

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Looks like she lost some weight. She looks good! Maybe teach her husband about tie pins versus grandpa’s tie clip.

Well then I believe that i will take one for the team here guys and help her find it !!!!!!!!!!  

10 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

That really is weird then. The fields on the other game broadcasts didn’t look like ours and apparently it’s not just my tv that may be screwed up. I totally believe you, it’s just odd. 

I know.  Said same thing to my wife watching the game on tv. Field looked brown like it was winter and they forgot to paint it. 

I get it looked fine at the game but ESPN screwed something up on the camera views. 

maybe they use crappy equipment for 11 o’clock games. 

This was one of the worst broadcasts I've seen in a while. They had a shot of some kid in the press box with the caption "Mike Bobo, Auburn Offensive Coordinator." They kept saying Hunter dropped that pass that Newton dropped. Numerous other mistakes. Camera made the field look much worse than it is. But the kicker was going to commercial break and missing almost an entire AU defensive series. 

With all the money involved and technology available, it's pretty inexcusable. 

22 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well aren't you just special.................................:poke:

only because of my paycheck and who it comes from lol 

• Like 1

I wonder if part of it are the new lights, especially for the Akron game. The field looked fine in person. A little different texture than I remember, and it looked dry, almost like artificial turf, which could be a different grass blend this year.

EDIT: I went back an looked at the ESPN video, and I see what the comments are about. I still think it has something to do with the grass blend this year.

Edited by meh130

13 minutes ago, meh130 said:

I wonder if part of it are the new lights, especially for the Akron game. The field looked fine in person. A little different texture than I remember, and it looked dry, almost like artificial turf, which could be a different grass blend this year.

EDIT: I went back an looked at the ESPN video, and I see what the comments are about. I still think it has something to do with the grass blend this year.

The lights? It was a day game for ASU. :)

And those at the game, already said the grass looked fine seeing it in person. It definitely had to do with the video broadcast. 

On 9/12/2021 at 12:51 PM, JMassie11 said:

Turf looked fine in person. Weather this year has been extremely odd though. I live north of Atl and am in the landscape industry here and I will say all the bermudas are in their last leg for the year already. Extremely early for that to be happening.

From the broadcast, it looked washed out color-wise and I was thinking it was a timing issue with the winter rye.  The Bermudagrass in my yard has never struggled as much as this year.  Good to know it was the idiots at ESPN as usual :pcprobs:

1393327577_IMG_0377(1).jpg.b3317d1a92294f9712eefaac2b5f2e90.jpg

5 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

From the broadcast, it looked washed out color-wise and I was thinking it was a timing issue with the winter rye.  The Bermudagrass in my yard has never struggled as much as this year.  Good to know it was the idiots at ESPN as usual :pcprobs:

1393327577_IMG_0377(1).jpg.b3317d1a92294f9712eefaac2b5f2e90.jpg

Yours looks great but yea the inconsistent summer weather and the large amount of rainfall contributed to most the issues