Db performance the result of Bo ?

eagle12

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Even if you don’t believe in Bo, Finley is someone who’s at least as good at throwing as Clifford at purely passing. I’m sure they run drills where the QB just plays pitch and catch. No matter how bad you think Bo is, he’s not THAT bad 

Well our DBs needs to play against more than pitch and catch in practice. Well I hate to admit it but they were talking about this very subject in the Al  Fl game . How this makes Alabama really good on defense with those 3 qbs they had.

Edited by eagle12

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

When was this play?  Anyone remember?  I'm trying to find it and I'm not sure I see it obviously on the play by play to be able find it on the replay

Around 1 minute left in the 2nd quarter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Around 1 minute left in the 2nd quarter.

Thought it was later in the game for some reason.  Went back and watched, I'm not sure why we ran back to back virtually the exact same play/formation there, was pretty easy read for the DB to jump that route.  JS was bracketed and it looks like DRob would have been open on the Corner route over the DB 2nd DB creeping down on JS.  Seems like maybe we were trying to get a cheap easy 1st down

The only difference between the plays was JS sat down vs running out to the sideline.  Bo's pass was inside of JS.  So to the point above, I'm not sure if JS should have run an out again or what.

On 3rd down following....The pump fake double move to Shed on the 3rd down would have been a really nice play if they could have executed.

• Like 1

If Bo is that bad, just imagine how turrribul TJ Finley really must be. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Good grief. Really? The OP is ludicrous.   

Really please tell me . Did you watch the game? Did you ever noticed how the Penn State qb looked  through multiple options for receivers? That’s something very much missing at home. Ludicrous really just for stating the obvious. 

Edited by eagle12
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, eagle12 said:

Really please tell me . Did you watch the game? Did you ever noticed how the Penn State qb looked  through multiple options for receivers? That’s something very much missing at home. Ludicrous really just for stating the obvious. 

Yes he did. And it only took him 5-8 seconds. 
Heisman, I tell ya!

3 hours ago, eagle12 said:

If there's a complaint about Bo's play the Penn st game it's his accuracy and it goes back to his fundamentals. He wasn't making a bunch of bad decisions. Imo

• Like 2

Could be bc he had time to make a ham sandwich while making a decision where to throw it. Not a Nix apologist but he did not have time to go thru progressions.  I just thought he looked much better than he did in the Swamp. He made mistakes but also had drops and incorrect routs run.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Does Bo run the scout team? Goodness gracious, that's something else...

No he has run the first team offense vs first string defense during scrimmage right! Gee wiz .

• Haha 1

Since the end of 'camp', the defense faces the scout team...probably walkon QB's....maybe the freshman QB from Texas...the top 3 QB's are practicing against the defensive scout team....

7 hours ago, eagle12 said:

Well our DBs needs to play against more than pitch and catch in practice. Well I hate to admit it but they were talking about this very subject in the Al  Fl game . How this makes Alabama really good on defense with those 3 qbs they had.

Well Alabama sucked against a guy who Florida fans have been calling to be benched for the entire season, so evidently it doesn’t mean too too much 

This is just a bad premise, because it’s implying that none of the QBs are even capable of practicing well.

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

When was this play?  Anyone remember?  I'm trying to find it and I'm not sure I see it obviously on the play by play to be able find it on the replay

Auburn’s last true drive of the half, should be about 2 minutes or less I would think 

No way you can’t find the PSU LB fumbling the pick 4 different times somewhere though 

2 hours ago, eagle12 said:

No he has run the first team offense vs first string defense during scrimmage right! Gee wiz .

Well that makes so much more sense.

So, the defense struggled because they were practicing against our plays...or was it, the offense struggled because they were practicing PSU's plays.

I'm not quite sure, would you mind explaining which one it is?

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Auburn’s last true drive of the half, should be about 2 minutes or less I would think 

No way you can’t find the PSU LB fumbling the pick 4 different times somewhere though 

I found it, think I discussed it after the last one answered. I was looking in the 3rd and couldn't find it. Too much bourbon 

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Well that makes so much more sense.

So, the defense struggled because they were practicing against our plays...or was it, the offense struggled because they were practicing PSU's plays.

I'm not quite sure, would you mind explaining which one it is?

Gladly! They have been facing Bo since the start of or early august. So percentage wise they have been playing against Bo for most of august vs two games against a light two college then the disaster against penn state .

23 hours ago, cole256 said:

Did you see the db's making a bunch of mistakes or did you see them not being able to cover for ten seconds? Because Bo wouldn't have anything to do with us not getting pressure on the other QB

A little of both. There were definitely times that the Penn St QB went back and without any hesitation could see wide open TEs to throw to. They were getting the ball barely 5 yards down the field, and then made chunk yards because no DB was stuck on them. That was poor zone or reactions by our DBs.

If Mason's D is complicated, I wonder if that is part of the problem? OFc, we have a lot of experienced guys back there, so I'm surprised... 

Gladly! They have been facing Bo since the start of or early august. So percentage wise they have been playing against Bo for most of august vs two games against a light two college then the disaster against penn state .

Before I respond fully, are you being serious?

• Haha 1

I thought for sure this post was trolling. Is it possible he is being serious? Is the thought process that Bo is such a terrible QB that our defensive backs do not know how to cover receivers because they don't have to cover receivers in practice? Are we are blaming Bo for lack of pass rush? I mean maybe the defensive line hasn't been rushing the passer this spring because they knew the QB could not complete a pass. :ucrazy:

• Like 2

I bought a box of burritos from the local Wal Marx, got home and opened the box.  Supposed to be 8 inside and there were only 7...  #Bo'sFault.

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Before I respond fully, are you being serious?

You asking if I’m serious? Is it me with a Sesame Street profile ! No it’s not.

2 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I bought a box of burritos from the local Wal Marx, got home open the box.  Supposed to be 8 inside and there were only 7...  #Bo'sFault.

If you have a real job don’t quit it for your sake! Me though I could care less what you do though.

• Facepalm 1