Not that far away

pensacolatiger

But I don’t think we’re that far from being a top 10 team……..

1) a couple of studs at OL

2) a couple of studs at DL

3) wr coach - done

I know losing to UGA by 24 sucks, but that was probably the best team we’ll play this season.  And minus a ton of drops, we were scrapping

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

3) wr coach - done

I know losing to UGA by 24 sucks, but that was probably the best team we’ll play this season.  And minus a ton of drops, we were scrapping

Not WR coach, WIDE RECEIVERS!! Julio Jones' WR coach didn't make him, AJ Greene's WR coach didn't make him, Cooper Kupp's WR coach didn't make him, Anthony Schwartz coach didn't make him, Rondale Moore's WR coach didn't make him, Drake London's WR coach didn't make him. If you're talking about someone that gets the best talent here, you have a point...otherwise, no

• Like 8
  • Love 1

The OL would get us to top 10 IMO. Passing becomes much easier when you can run the ball at will. 

I agree with your sentiment though, we probably aren't as far off as it appears on paper. 

1 hour ago, pensacolatiger said:

If Georgia is by far the best team in the nation, maybe.

58 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

If Georgia is by far the best team in the nation, maybe.

Not sure how close we are, but as of right now they are indisputably the best team in the nation.

What's fun is that on a sheer power ranking, #2-11 in the SEC is kind of a crapshoot. Obviously Vandy is bottom with USCe and Mizzou tied at 12.

Edited by AUwent

• WarTiger changed the title to Call me crazy'
  • WarTiger changed the title to Not that far away

The difficult part is it feels like, "no going to the bathroom til we are at the gate; we'll be landing soon," and here's what you see.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Can anyone tell me who the last great receiver coach Auburn had?

Seth Williams was a stud and had all the right stuff to make him a great WR. He unfortunately had Kodi Burns as a coach and he played in an offense did nothing but hinder him for 4 years from progressing.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 11:34 PM, milehighfan said:

Can anyone tell me who the last great receiver coach Auburn had?

Not sure.  What nobody has mentioned is how well the WR's are doing at Tennessee this year.  They are being coached by Kodi Burns.  LOL

On 10/9/2021 at 11:05 PM, pensacolatiger said:

3) wr coach - done

Lmao, yeah the WR coach has fixed everything. 

We need a QB. We need multiple OL, not just one or two good ones.

Our DL isn't really a problem 

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Not sure.  What nobody has mentioned is how well the WR's are doing at Tennessee this year.  They are being coached by Kodi Burns.  LOL

Not because of Kodi, WR coaches main job is too recruit players that can catch, not teach them how to. 

On 10/9/2021 at 10:28 PM, mb711 said:

Not WR coach, WIDE RECEIVERS!! Julio Jones' WR coach didn't make him, AJ Greene's WR coach didn't make him, Cooper Kupp's WR coach didn't make him, Anthony Schwartz coach didn't make him, Rondale Moore's WR coach didn't make him, Drake London's WR coach didn't make him. If you're talking about someone that gets the best talent here, you have a point...otherwise, no

Exactly. At this level if guys just can’t catch  a decently thrown ball, all the coaching in the world won’t matter. Harsin and staff were not left in the best shape by Gussie. We have drew Bobo, but we need at least 3 stud OL and at least 2 pass rushers to compete, as well as a large mobile DT. We also need a couple of receivers that can actually catch the damn ball. Granted, we blew a number of chances to put points on the board against UGA, but hell, our secondary was burned by a 2nd string QB and they are also missing Pickens, their best WR. Also, I am far from sold on Mason as DC as well as whomever our CB coach is. I just really don’t see how we beat Ole Miss, Arky, Tamu or Bama.. it would be great to steal 2 of those, but we also face Miss St who has a QB very caiabke of lighting up our bad secondary. 6 wins is definitely not a given. I am more anxious to see how we round out our 22 recruiting class w so many glaring holes. It’s now so obvious how Gussie was not recruiting players needed to compete in this league. Almost like Bowden left the crap team he did to Tubberville. 

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Lmao, yeah the WR coach has fixed everything. 

We need a QB. We need multiple OL, not just one or two good ones.

Our DL isn't really a problem 

I think our D line plays hard but we can use some size and quality depth. By the end of the season 25 and 29 may be worn slap out.

• Like 1