2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

6 hours ago, JerryAU said:

They don't care enough to do the job they're being compensated for?  AND no one in the Administration seems to take issue with it, I guess? 

What a sorry state of affairs.  I've heard Harsin put culture, hard work and accountability at the top of damn near ever public appearance he's made.  Yet he allows a lazy culture among his own staff and doesn't hold himself or them accountable for completely laying down and neglecting the most deficient area of this team.  :gofig:

There has got to be more to this story than those guys simply decided to not go recruit. I don't have any idea what the "rest of the story" is, but common sense tells us that there's more to this.

Harsin has the final say about who goes where and when. The assistants didn't decide on their own to simply stay home. There's some plan or system in place. We simply don't know what it is.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

There has got to be more to this story than those guys simply decided to not go recruit. I don't have any idea what the "rest of the story" is, but common sense tells us that there's more to this.

Harsin has the final say about who goes where and when. The assistants didn't decide on their own to simply stay home. There's some plan or system in place. We simply don't know what it is.

Good article today on some of that. Seems like some of what people are saying is just BS(according to the article). I also find it interesting that some of the information seems to come from sources that before people were belittling, claiming they were making things up in the past. Seems like people are jumping on anything that is Harsin/Harsin staff negative. Hard to find any real information but todays story sounds like it would be refuted if not true immediately.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Good article today on some of that. Seems like some of what people are saying is just BS(according to the article). I also find it interesting that some of the information seems to come from sources that before people were belittling, claiming they were making things ip in the past. Seems like people are jumping on anything that is Harsin/Harsin staff negative. Hard to find any teal information but todays story sounds like it would be tefuted if not true immediately.

Can you post the article?  Or a link?

2 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

article reads well, of THIS week's plans.  is this too little, too late OR are the other "reporters" grinding an axe?

The info I was speaking about was the plan all fall being OC/DC handling the Friday meetings allowing position coaches to be at the games/meeting with recruits. 

25 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

article reads well, of THIS week's plans.  is this too little, too late OR are the other "reporters" grinding an axe?

Grinding an axe? LOL these guys have been sunshine pumping for Harsin since hes been here despite all the evidence being clear things were going downhill. 

• 2 weeks later...

At 5'10 and 160 pounds I would normally say that this is not a good selection.  That said he led his team to State Championship and we have plenty of open slots so at worse we get a solid Scout team QB to help hone the defense or he surprises us and becomes an SEC QB.  If he signs with us I will give him a big War Eagle as I always like the underdog type player and I always root for them.

I do not say anything negative about any recruit. Let me just say though it is pretty surprising that we offer a low 3*,  5'-10 160 QB. I'm sure he has great quickness and speed, good vision of the field, with great academics, great character, and just a great kid all around. If Coach Lac says we want him, that's fine with me. I do wonder who the QB recruiting staff member is right now.

33 minutes ago, autan said:

I do not say anything negative about any recruit. Let me just say though it is pretty surprising that we offer a low 3*,  5'-10 160 QB. I'm sure he has great quickness and speed, good vision of the field, with great academics, great character, and just a great kid all around. If Coach Lac says we want him, that's fine with me. I do wonder who the QB recruiting staff member is right now.

I agree 100%. My point is because of the new rules on scholarships we have more open slots so taking a chance here won't hurt.  I would not be surprised to see us bring in 30+ players counting HS, JUCO, and Portal maybe even as many as 40 with all the players who will graduate and opt out via transfer Portal.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

I agree 100% Tex. I forgot about the rule change for this year increasing the 25 max scholarships. So there's no reason for the new staff to pull commits or offers that they might not honor in a different year. WDE!!

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

At 5'10 and 160 pounds I would normally say that this is not a good selection.  That said he led his team to State Championship and we have plenty of open slots so at worse we get a solid Scout team QB to help hone the defense or he surprises us and becomes an SEC QB.  If he signs with us I will give him a big War Eagle as I always like the underdog type player and I always root for them.

He’s a south Florida athlete and plays for powerhouse Miami Central. I wouldn’t be too worried about his size. 

With the right coaching hire, we may be on the verge of resurrecting this recruiting class. If you look at guys who have visited multiple times, we could easily have a top 10 class with the right NIL deals, brand new elite facilities, and an exciting new coaching staff. Here’s guys I think we can pull, based on multiple visits…

James Smith

Qua Russaw

Tony Mitchell

Bo Hughley

Jelani Thurman

Darron Reed 

DJ Chester

Rueben Bain

That would move us to 19 commits 273+ points and #9 in team rankings with other top players available. Time will tell, but I think most of the guys on this list are waiting on the right coach before they commit to Auburn. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

OK Zeek.  Start giving the deets on these recruits reaction to Freeze. 

43 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Maybe signing day will be fun to follow once again 

Man, I hope so.  I used to watch and refresh all day and it was fun.  Harsin took that from me so I'm hoping HF can restore some of that excitement again.  

• Like 2