Auburn re-enters polls

aubiefifty

Auburn re-enters polls after beating Arkansas

ByNathan King
2-3 minutes

Highlights: Auburn at No. 17 Arkansas

Auburn is back in the polls after a ranked road win over Arkansas.

After falling out of the coaches poll and AP Top 25 following its defeat at the hands of No. 1 Georgia last weekend, Auburn re-entered both rankings Sunday. Heading into their bye week, the Tigers are No. 19 in the AP poll and No. 22 in the coaches poll.

Three of Auburn's five remaining opponents are ranked in the new AP Top 25: No. 4 Alabama, No. 12 Ole Miss and No. 17 Texas A&M. Auburn has now been ranked in 55 of the past 68 AP polls.

Auburn is off to a 5-2 start in Bryan Harsin's first season, with its only two losses coming to a pair of top-10 teams: No. 1 Georgia at home and No. 7 Penn State on the road.

The Tigers snapped a six-game losing streak to ranked opponents over the weekend, beating then-No. 17 Arkansas in Fayetteville, 38-23. The win marked Auburn's sixth straight in the series against the Razorbacks. Quarterback Bo Nix went 21-of-26 with a season-high 292 yards and three total touchdowns, plus an interception. Auburn's defense scored its third touchdown of the year in the second half, stopped the Razorbacks on all three of their fourth-down tries, and held Arkansas to only 35 yards of offense in the fourth quarter.

"That was a fun game," Harsin said postgame. "I think Arkansas is a really good team — lot of respect. I like the way they play; I like the way our guys played today. ... To be on the road and to win — and going into a bye week — man, all of these things are big for our program. That gives us a chance to create some momentum as we go into this bye week and do some things.

"I'm excited. I enjoyed that game."

Auburn hosts Ole Miss (5-1, 2-1 SEC) in its next game Oct. 30. 

6COMMENTS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Auburn re-enters polls after beating Arkansas

ByNathan King
2-3 minutes

Highlights: Auburn at No. 17 Arkansas

Auburn is back in the polls after a ranked road win over Arkansas.

After falling out of the coaches poll and AP Top 25 following its defeat at the hands of No. 1 Georgia last weekend, Auburn re-entered both rankings Sunday. Heading into their bye week, the Tigers are No. 19 in the AP poll and No. 22 in the coaches poll.

Three of Auburn's five remaining opponents are ranked in the new AP Top 25: No. 4 Alabama, No. 12 Ole Miss and No. 17 Texas A&M. Auburn has now been ranked in 55 of the past 68 AP polls.

Auburn is off to a 5-2 start in Bryan Harsin's first season, with its only two losses coming to a pair of top-10 teams: No. 1 Georgia at home and No. 7 Penn State on the road.

The Tigers snapped a six-game losing streak to ranked opponents over the weekend, beating then-No. 17 Arkansas in Fayetteville, 38-23. The win marked Auburn's sixth straight in the series against the Razorbacks. Quarterback Bo Nix went 21-of-26 with a season-high 292 yards and three total touchdowns, plus an interception. Auburn's defense scored its third touchdown of the year in the second half, stopped the Razorbacks on all three of their fourth-down tries, and held Arkansas to only 35 yards of offense in the fourth quarter.

"That was a fun game," Harsin said postgame. "I think Arkansas is a really good team — lot of respect. I like the way they play; I like the way our guys played today. ... To be on the road and to win — and going into a bye week — man, all of these things are big for our program. That gives us a chance to create some momentum as we go into this bye week and do some things.

"I'm excited. I enjoyed that game."

Auburn hosts Ole Miss (5-1, 2-1 SEC) in its next game Oct. 30. 

6COMMENTS

Never felt like we should have dropped out with two losses coming from top 10 teams. Hell, Penn State would be Top 3 right now if Clifford doesn't gets hurt and pulls that game out.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Never felt like we should have dropped out with two losses coming from top 10 teams. Hell, Penn State would be Top 3 right now if Clifford doesn't gets hurt and pulls that game out.

well as long as they remain numba one in your heart and soul you good...................

• Like 1