Brandon Strikes Again

I_M4_AU

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Brandon keeps his promise of unifying America:

Well, Tulsi......if the shoe fits....

Being "divisive" and being correct don't have to be two different things. 

On 1/10/2022 at 3:07 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Brandon is so compassionate he talks about wind mills with 100 yard wing spans to Colorado residents that have just lost their homes to a wild fire.  Of course, the cause is climate change even though he has no proof and, just like California, it is likely forest management is the culprit.  I think he  wants to promote his agenda (build back better) more than compassion for his fellow citizens.

This is from an article in December of 2020:

The CSFS estimates that it would cost $4.2 billion to treat just the trees in urgent need of treatment.

As if that’s not problematic enough, environmentalist challenges to commercial logging cost the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) millions in litigation and administrative costs as the USFS struggles to comply with the complex web of federal laws governing forest management while still doing their job of managing Americas forestlands.

https://pagetwo.completecolorado.com/2020/12/11/massive-wildfires-boost-calls-for-forest-thinning-environmentalists-have-long-stymied-such-efforts/

https://www.axios.com/climate-change-links-boulder-fires-edb51642-cbd5-496a-b544-2aa2ca2d6e2b.html

Climate changes linked to Colorado's fire disaster

The Boulder, Colorado-area wildfires — the most destructive in state history — were likely made worse by the effects of climate change, including extremely dry conditions and long stretches of record warm weather in recent months.

Why it matters: The Marshall Fire that consumed at least 1,600 acres on Thursday destroyed nearly 600 homes, Boulder County Sheriff Joe Pelle said at a Thursday news conference.

• Climate factors provided the fuel for the devastating fires, while an extreme weather event, in the form of powerful downslope winds coming off the Rocky Mountains, provided the spark and fanned the flames.
  • Wind gusts peaked as high as 110-115 miles per hour -- equivalent to a Category 2 or 3 hurricane.

Catch up fast: The rapidly-moving flames led to evacuation orders covering more than 30,000 people in Superior, Louisville and portions of other communities.

Threat level: The conditions that helped make the fire so devastating bear the imprint of climate change.

Context: Late December is downslope wind season along Colorado's Front Range, Boulder meteorologist Matthew Kelsch told Axios. However, this event was unusually intense, he said, and overlapped with the tinderbox dry conditions.

• This enabled any spark to fuel an inferno, whereas in previous years, such winds came after snowstorms had already occurred.
  • This year, Denver had its least snowy September through November period on record and latest first snow on record. Fall finished without measurable snow for the first time since records began in 1882, the Weather Service stated.
  • Heavy snow finally arrived Friday, one day too late to prevent the disaster.
  • As is occurring in California and other western states, Colorado has seen an uptick in large wildfires and wildfire severity in recent years, which studies have tied to human-caused climate change.
  • Sixteen of the top 20 largest wildfires on record have occurred since 2008, according to the Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control.

What they're saying: With universities and government research labs located there, the Boulder region is home to some of the top authorities on climate change and extreme weather events.

• University of Colorado ecologist Merritt R. Turetsky, an expert in wildfire behavior, said via Twitter that extremely dry conditions and high winds together create "hot, flashy, and very dangerous grass fires."
  • "This is the human and health cost of the #ClimateCrisis," she tweeted.
  • Daniel Swain, a climate scientist at UCLA and researcher at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, described the fires as "climate enabled and weather-driven." On Friday, he tweeted that he woke up to the "overwhelmingly acrid smell of burnt homes."
  • According to data Swain cited, the past 90 days were the warmest and driest on the Front Range of Colorado since at least 1979. Additionally, the "vapor pressure deficit," a key wildfire risk indicator that measures how quickly the air robs plants of moisture, was at a record high on Thursday.
  • "Climate change is clearly increasing both temperatures [and] vapor pressure deficits across [the] Western U.S.," Swain tweeted.

The bottom line: The urban firestorm in Colorado caps off a year of jarring and devastating extreme weather events across the U.S., with scientists increasingly wondering if the pace and severity of climate impacts is proceeding faster than previously thought.

(BTW, the source you quoted, "Complete Colorado" is an organ of a conservative "think tank", The Independence Institute.org, not the best place to source scientific information.)

Edited by homersapien

If you are really interested in what the science says, here's a good place to start:

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/45/e2111875118#sec-5

Quantifying contributions of natural variability and anthropogenic forcings on increased fire weather risk over the western United States

Edited by homersapien

I am simply pointing out that anyone that even considers FJB or LGB as "vulgar" is just not in the game. These are actual clothing items still for sale today. AND ALL THIS IS A JOKE, HUMOR, ETC. GET OVER YOURSELVES....

Amazon.com: Comical Shirt Men's Fuck Trump T Shirt Funny Anti Donald Trump  for Soft Tee : Clothing, Shoes & JewelryAmazon.com: Fuck Trump If You Like Trump Fuck You Too Political Unisex  Graphic Hoodie Sweatshirt : Clothing, Shoes & JewelryFuck Trump - Obama" Graphic T-Shirt Dress by fuckdonald | RedbubbleFuck Trump merchandise" T-shirt by kresent | RedbubbleFuck Trump Rainbow T Shirt by skylarloveee | Society6Fuck Trump T Shirts to Match Your Personal Style | Society6Fuck Trump' Men's T-Shirt | SpreadshirtFuck Trump - Obama" Lightweight Hoodie by fuckdonald | RedbubbleFuck Trump T-shirt Funny Anti-Trump Gift Hate Trump Donald Trump Sucks Dump  Trump shirt Hoody by Trendyhand Shop | Society6Bart Simpson Fuck Trump Urban T Shirt Style By HotVeroMickey Fuck Trump TShirt - Office Tee

Edited by DKW 86
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

I like the Mickey Mouse in a mask one my self.  Mickey is pissed, but it is unclear if he should be pissed at Trump or because he’s having to wear a mask.

Your post is spot on, its just Biden supporters have short memories.

Unfit to lead.  She is probably making her case for another Democratic run for President.  She is making a good point and nicer to look at than Hillary.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Unfit to lead.  She is probably making her case for another Democratic run for President.  She is making a good point and nicer to look at than Hillary.

If Tulsi runs again, it will either be as an Independent or she'll pull a Trump and switch to the Republican Party cause she knows she has no chance being elected as a Democrat, though I'd bet my money she's pimping out for a new primetime show on Fox News.  

She's an air head. 

41 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

She's an air head. She disagrees with me on some issues no one cares about but me, so I hate her, even though she served honorably and proudly in the military and probably has bigger nads then half the men I know, and in Congress, but OMG Tulsi didnt kiss HRC's ass. Tulsi is therefore defacto evil incarnate according the DNC Narrative so i will just close my mind and press the "I am too ignorant of the facts to think for myself" button.

FTFY

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

FTFY

Ironically she's also one of those Democrats  you claim are the same as Republicans because she cried about "the elections being rigged" and threatened to boycott her debates when she wasn't getting as much support as she thought she should. 

If you're consistent you should believe that she's obviously no better than Trump and Republicans now anyways. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Ironically she's also one of those Democrats  you claim are the same as Republicans because she cried about "the elections being rigged" and threatened to boycott her debates when she wasn't getting as much support as she thought she should. 

If you're consistent you should believe that she's obviously no better than Trump and Republicans now anyways. 

it would take me 20 minutes to untangle the crazy in all that and just for the record, I know it would fall on 100% deaf ears.

• Dislike 1

15 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Your post is spot on, its just Biden supporters have short memories.

Hypocrites are hypocritical

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Hypocrites are hypocritical

Exactly. It is bad when people have short memories, but it is much worse when people don't care if they remember or not and don't care what they have previously said or done.

As an aside, do you think eight year old say "Brandon" when they are experimenting with curse words? It's pretty vile!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Grumps said:

As an aside, do you think eight year old say "Brandon" when they are experimenting with curse words? It's pretty vile!

How about the parent of a child named Brandon?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

And for all the snowflakes out there, IT IS FROM THE BEE, it is humor.

Lighten up Francis!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 9:08 AM, I_M4_AU said:

I like the Mickey Mouse in a mask one my self.  Mickey is pissed, but it is unclear if he should be pissed at Trump or because he’s having to wear a mask.

He's pissed because his thumbs are on the wrong side of his hands.

• Haha 1

Evidently Hunter Biden has his father’s ear on some of his habits.

Fox News just trying to create a story where none exist. 

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/no-the-government-is-not-handing-out-crack-pipes-officials-say/2754129/

"Monday was the deadline for service organizations and state and local governments to apply for a share of $30 million in federal money for “harm reduction” efforts intended to prevent disease, injury and other collateral trauma to people addicted to illicit drugs.

The original request for funding proposals from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration had listed “safe smoking kits/supplies” among the items that could be purchased with taxpayer money. They were among a dozen categories that included overdose prevention drugs, medication lockboxes, test kits for infectious diseases, and syringe disposal containers. The grant solicitation did not specifically mention pipes, although they can be part of safe smoking kits.

That triggered online reports that the Biden administration was using federal dollars to pay for “crack pipes." Some Republican senators castigated the administration on Twitter.

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Fox News just trying to create a story where none exist. 

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/no-the-government-is-not-handing-out-crack-pipes-officials-say/2754129/

"Monday was the deadline for service organizations and state and local governments to apply for a share of $30 million in federal money for “harm reduction” efforts intended to prevent disease, injury and other collateral trauma to people addicted to illicit drugs.

The original request for funding proposals from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration had listed “safe smoking kits/supplies” among the items that could be purchased with taxpayer money. They were among a dozen categories that included overdose prevention drugs, medication lockboxes, test kits for infectious diseases, and syringe disposal containers. The grant solicitation did not specifically mention pipes, although they can be part of safe smoking kits.

That triggered online reports that the Biden administration was using federal dollars to pay for “crack pipes." Some Republican senators castigated the administration on Twitter.

This obviously misses the point.  Who cares if the pipes were include or not, they can get their own pipes, the issue is why enable drug use that has killed 100’s of thousand of American lives and destroyed countless others?  The man is an embarrassment to anyone that wants a decent America.

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This obviously misses the point.  Who cares if the pipes were include or not, they can get their own pipes, the issue is why enable drug use that has killed 100’s of thousand of American lives and destroyed countless others?  The man is an embarrassment to anyone that wants a decent America.

It's not "enabling" its proving healthcare and safety supplies to people who are going to use the drugs anyway to try and keep them from ODing, or contracting diseases which they then run to medical facilities and government insurance to pay for their care later. 

It's health preventative measures. Getting people off drugs is obviously the most important part, but realistically we all know that there will always be people who will be using these drugs and don't want to stop. 

We've tried the "tough on crime" approach for decades and it hasn't stopped the problem. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It's not "enabling" its proving healthcare and safety supplies to people who are going to use the drugs anyway to try and keep them from ODing, or contracting diseases which they then run to medical facilities and government insurance to pay for their care later. 

It's health preventative measures. Getting people off drugs is obviously the most important part, but realistically we all know that there will always be people who will be using these drugs and don't want to stop. 

We've tried the "tough on crime" approach for decades and it hasn't stopped the problem. 

You don’t have kids, do you?  The bolded part is the enabling part.  

I guess the *tough on crime* part doesn’t go along with the left’s *defund the police* or *we have more people behind bars than any other country* approach that is working so well.

• Dislike 1

How stupid do you have to be to NAME anything, CRACKPIPES OR NO, "SAFE SMOKING KITS?"

That anyone, anywhere would call anything that promotes continued smoking as SAFE or even SAFER is just handing the Republicans yet another baseball bat to cave your head in with. This was an huge Unforced Error in marketing. 

Safe Smoking Kits? Really? WhoTF dreamed up that? A Republican Plant in the Democrat policy writers team?

All smoking is bad. On your lungs, on your health, on your hygiene, for those around you, etc It is bad all the time, everyday. Encouraging smoking at any level is just Signing Up for Bad Optics. Yes, I know the reports arent true. I also know that if you are having to explain, you are losing the debate. Safe Smoking??? WTF?

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1