Brandon Strikes Again

I_M4_AU

2 minutes ago, arein0 said:

In the 0 games you've watched?

Nothing changed if I watched the games or not.  They lost and looked embarrassing doing it.

Edited by I_M4_AU

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Nothing changed if I watched the games or not.  They lost and looked embarrassing doing it.

It absolutely does, you are calling her a selfish player without watching a single play. It would be like calling Jason Kidd a selfish player.

Also losing in PKs is not embarrassing, it's the worst way for a player to lose, but it is not embarrassing. In fact, the US dominated that game, they just ran into a keepr that had an amazing game that will probably go down as one of the greatest games a keeper has ever had. Embarrassing is the Swiss losing 5-1 after winning their group, or Germany and Brazil failing to advance out of their group.

Edited by arein0
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How many assists did she have in this World Cup?  

Based on her historic stats and her minutes played in this WC, she wasn't expected to have an assist. She averaged 1 assist ever 3 games or every 270 minutes played, she played 77 minutes, less than 1 full game, this WC.

3 hours ago, arein0 said:

Yes, the player with the 3rd most all time assists for the USWNT is a selfish player.

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

Based on her historic stats and her minutes played in this WC, she wasn't expected to have an assist. She averaged 1 assist ever 3 games or every 270 minutes played, she played 77 minutes, less than 1 full game, this WC.

You brought up her assists, that’s why I asked.  Sorry I struck a nerve, but she deserves every bit of scrutiny she is receiving. IMO of course.

55 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You brought up her assists, that’s why I asked.  Sorry I struck a nerve, but she deserves every bit of scrutiny she is receiving. IMO of course.

Says the guy that watched 0 games and calls her a selfish player 😂 

Nobody is denying she played bad. But playing bad does not equal selfish.

I'm not a fan of hers, but IMO, as someone that actually watched all 4 games, she is receiving way too much of the scrutiny. We couldn't score for 120 minutes of game time, she only played the final 20. She did miss her PK, but so did 2 other teammates. Yet she is the selfish player that made us lose? Whatever you say 🤡

2 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Says the guy that watched 0 games and calls her a selfish player 😂 

Nobody is denying she played bad. But playing bad does not equal selfish.

I'm not a fan of hers, but IMO, as someone that actually watched all 4 games, she is receiving way too much of the scrutiny. We couldn't score for 120 minutes of game time, she only played the final 20. She did miss her PK, but so did 2 other teammates. Yet she is the selfish player that made us lose? Whatever you say 🤡

Keep ‘em coming. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Keep ‘em coming. 

Still trying to prove a point she is a selfish player with off the field content 😎

Again, you can dislike her all you want. Like I said before I'm not a fan of hers, but when you say she is a selfish player, it shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

She looks like a team player here doesn’t she.

Yep, it’s all about her.

Edited by I_M4_AU

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

She looks like a team player here doesn’t she.

Yep, it’s all about her.

Again, first part is still nothing on the field.

2nd article is just a hit piece to fire up conservatives everywhere. If you actually watched the games, you would not be able to call her a selfish player. In fact leading up to this World Cup, there wasn't much of any talk about Rapinoe. The only talk about her leading up to it was that they were surprised she made the team and the right wing media blasting her for saying she wouldnt sing the National Anthem. The players everyone was talking about were Sofia Smith, Trinity Rodman, Mallory Swanson (until she got hurt in April). 

6 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Again, first part is still nothing on the field.

Why did she enter game at the 8th minute of extra time?  To set her up for the PKs?  Whose idea was that?  She shouldn’t have been there, there were other players on the team that could have made that kick.  You know she was past her prime and it was selfish of her to come in.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why did she enter game at the 8th minute of extra time?  To set her up for the PKs?  Whose idea was that?  She shouldn’t have been there, there were other players on the team that could have made that kick.  You know she was past her prime and it was selfish of her to come in.

That is the coaches decision and he will have to rightfully answer those questions. His lack of subbing had been scrutinized all WC. For whatever reason, the coach thought she was a better option than the other players. Maybe he was hoping for some of her free kick magic from the last WC? As for the rest of the bench being able to make the PK, we will never know. One of the players that was brought it specifically to take the PK (came in with 1 minute left) missed hers. 2/3 players he brought on to take PKs missed. But you wouldn't know that since you didn't watch the game and only got your info from right wing media. 😉

19 minutes ago, arein0 said:

But you wouldn't know that since you didn't watch the game and only got your info from right wing media.

You keep bringing this up as if me not watching this team play had any affect on the outcome of the game.  It was not a team that endeared many people like the teams in the past.  I wonder why that was?

39 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You keep bringing this up as if me not watching this team play had any affect on the outcome of the game.  It was not a team that endeared many people like the teams in the past.  I wonder why that was?

I keep bringing that up because you made the ridiculous claim that she was a selfish player. It becomes even more ridiculous when it came out that you have not watched her play and have yet to show anything that supports your claim. Lots of attempts at deflection, but nothing that supports your claim she is a selfish player. 

9 hours ago, arein0 said:

I keep bringing that up because you made the ridiculous claim that she was a selfish player. It becomes even more ridiculous when it came out that you have not watched her play and have yet to show anything that supports your claim. Lots of attempts at deflection, but nothing that supports your claim she is a selfish player. 

She.took.a.spot.of.a.better.player.on.a.WC.team.  She did not deserve to even be there.

46 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

She.took.a.spot.of.a.better.player.on.a.WC.team.  She did not deserve to even be there.

That is on the coaching staff for 1) selecting her and 2) playing her. How do you not understand that? 

7 minutes ago, arein0 said:

That is on the coaching staff for 1) selecting her and 2) playing her. How do you not understand that? 

She said she would retire earlier in the year, she knew she was not an elite player anymore. She felt she deserved a spot on the WC team just because she had been good at one time. Do you really any coaching staff would have not chosen her for the WC team if she wanted to be on that team?  The coaching staff had no choice in the matter, it was political.  Selfish on her part and political on the part of FIFA.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

She said she would retire earlier in the year, she knew she was not an elite player anymore. She felt she deserved a spot on the WC team just because she had been good at one time. Do you really any coaching staff would have not chosen her for the WC team if she wanted to be on that team?  The coaching staff had no choice in the matter, it was political.  Selfish on her part and political on the part of FIFA.

Yes, it is the coaches job to put together a roster with the best potential to win the WC.

Even if he selected her because he thought his team would benefit from her leadership, he could have easily not played her like the 2 field players and 2 keepers that were selected but didn't get any playing time.

This is another instance where your blind hatred for someone is preventing you from seeing what actually happened. Well I guess seeing is the wrong term since you didn't see any of the games to begin with 😂

5 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Yes, it is the coaches job to put together a roster with the best potential to win the WC.

Even if he selected her because he thought his team would benefit from her leadership, he could have easily not played her like the 2 field players and 2 keepers that were selected but didn't get any playing time.

This is another instance where your blind hatred for someone is preventing you from seeing what actually happened. Well I guess seeing is the wrong term since you didn't see any of the games to begin with 😂

Well, I have to admit, watching soccer in slow motion is not my favorite thing to do. :roflol:

• Haha 1

The man is a legend in his own mind:

“The existential threat to America”.

In related news:

President Biden frequently extolled an electric vehicle company — in which his energy secretary heavily invested — before it declared bankruptcy on Monday.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/08/biden-backed-electric-vehicle-company-files-for-bankruptcy/