Brandon Strikes Again

I_M4_AU

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Come on, there were no burning of the American flag before and now its common place.  

Your example shows otherwise?

Just now, arein0 said:

Your example shows otherwise?

How so?  Were there as many flag burners before the ruling as after?  

How about male athletes competing in women’s sports before the ruling?

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

There are many times I at least see your point. This isn’t one of them. 

So attacking the capital and trumps role in it is a yawner, but some nutty college students protesting on campuses cause end of times hysteria? Your definition of “American values” seems to be jus  the values that suit you.

Is this Non sequitur or a straw man?

Jan 6th happened 3 years ago and since then there has been no definitive decision on Trumps *role* in the protest.  And please know it was a protest that turned into a riot.

These *students* are subverting our colleges.  Do you really think this is not an organized effort to put pressure on the administration during an election year?

You may see it differently and that’s alright.

Oh, and white supremacy is not the most existential threat America faces today.  I wonder if we can agree on that?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

You realize we have these issues because Netanyahu continues to bomb and butcher gaza into the Stone Age right?  60% of the buildings including health care are rubble.  For the 100th time, the planet is having to have to deal with the escalation risks, costs, and massive refugee consequences of his ragefest.  

It would help if Hamas didn't use healthcare facilities as a base of operations.   

Edited by JMWATS

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is this Non sequitur or a straw man?

Jan 6th happened 3 years ago and since then there has been no definitive decision on Trumps *role* in the protest.  And please know it was a protest that turned into a riot.

These *students* are subverting our colleges.  Do you really think this is not an organized effort to put pressure on the administration during an election year?

You may see it differently and that’s alright.

Oh, and white supremacy is not the most existential threat America faces today.  I wonder if we can agree on that?

Nothing has driven youth protests like 1) ending bigotry 2) perception of an unjust war. The 60s were defined by both (talk about flag burnings). The Israel/Gaza war has the perception of both of these triggers. A perfect storm.  I have 2 sons in college - both smart, both passionate, both admittedly clueless - they’re young. I imagine the protests going on in the campuses are driven by the same but more liberal personas. Theyre not evil - they’re 20.  And again, the Israeli optics been getting worse every day.

I realize you disagree but imo Netanyahu is waging an unwinnable battle and losing the war of the hearts and minds of a global audience.  Long term this  will cost the Israel’s.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JMWATS said:

It would help if Hamas didn't use healthcare facilities as a base of operations.   

it would help if Hamas didn't base their operastions in Gaza healcare faciities. 

In many action movies the bad guy puts the hostage in front of him to protect from the cops. It’s a complex problem.  But I’ve never seen the movie where the solution was to simply just shoot the hostage in the head 10 times.

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

In many action movies the bad guy puts the hostage in front of him to protect from the cops. It’s a complex problem.  But I’ve never seen the movie where the solution was to simply just shoot the hostage in the head 10 times.

Uh..in the movies everybody goes home at the end of the day.  Good analogy though. Well done.

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Nothing has driven youth protests like 1) ending bigotry 2) perception of an unjust war. The 60s were defined by both (talk about flag burnings). The Israel/Gaza war has the perception of both of these triggers. A perfect storm.  I have 2 sons in college - both smart, both passionate, both admittedly clueless - they’re young. I imagine the protests going on in the campuses are driven by the same but more liberal personas. Theyre not evil - they’re 20.  And again, the Israeli optics been getting worse every day.

I realize you disagree but imo Netanyahu is waging an unwinnable battle and losing the war of the hearts and minds of a global audience.  Long term this  will cost the Israel’s.

I’m not sure how you got from Netanyahu is the problem to supporting the efforts of HAMAS on college campuses in this war.  Can you explain?

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not sure how you got from Netanyahu is the problem to supporting the efforts of HAMAS on college campuses in this war.  Can you explain?

The vast majority of the protests simply want the civilian casualties to stop. I realize you see that as supporting Hamas - which is the disagreement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

The vast majority of the protests simply want the civilian casualties to stop. I realize you see that as supporting Hamas - which is the disagreement.

Why do the vast majority of the protests use the phrase *to the river to the sea, Palestinian must be free*?  This is not simply wanting civilian casualties to stop.

On 5/1/2024 at 3:55 PM, auburnatl1 said:

Your definition of “American values” seems to be jus  the values that suit you.

I give you Frat Boys at UNC and Ole Miss.  I think people are finally seeing this and saying *no more BS*.

This is Cal Poly;

And this NY cop:

And even Senator Fetterman:

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I give you Frat Boys at UNC and Ole Miss.  I think people are finally seeing this and saying *no more BS*.

This is Cal Poly;

And this NY cop:

And even Senator Fetterman:

I second I saw “Putin isn’t our enemy” I knew what I was reading. And stopped.

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

I second I saw “Putin isn’t our enemy” I knew what I was reading. And stopped.

Of course you did.  Priorities are a real thing.  We are fighting Putin by financing Ukraine on their soil.  The *death to America and schools* are on our soil and we are slow to react.  What is it that libs always say *if they tell you who they are, believe them*.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Of course you did.  Priorities are a real thing.  We are fighting Putin by financing Ukraine on their soil.  The *death to America and schools* are on our soil and we are slow to react.  What is it that libs always say *if they tell you who they are, believe them*.

I tend to take more seriously enemies that have a 1000 nukes pointed at us right now than some idiots with signs.

Again, I understand your point.  We disagree on prioritization.

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2024 at 10:42 AM, auburnatl1 said:

The vast majority of the protests simply want the casualties to stop. I realize you see that as supporting Hamas - which is the disagreement.

The political zeitgeist of our country demands one pick a side. :-\

You can't make a neutral comment on this mess without someone immediately assigning you to one side or the other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/2/2024 at 9:42 AM, auburnatl1 said:

You remain one of the smartest and classiest cats on the fam. you even have common sense. you are a conservative i can respect and i sincerely mean this. and i do not even need to borrow any money.take a bow..........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

zeitgeist

i get aroused when you use big words homie......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i get aroused when you use big words homie......

If only you were female. ;D

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2024 at 12:47 PM, auburnatl1 said:

I tend to take more seriously enemies that have a 1000 nukes pointed at us right now than some idiots with signs.

Again, I understand your point.  We disagree on prioritization.

But wait….memaw and pawpaw were walking around inside the capitol.   Insurrectionist!!!!!!

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

But wait….memaw and pawpaw were walking around inside the capitol.   Insurrectionist!!!!!!

Which one of them stopped to s*** on the floor?

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Huh?

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

You give AU baseball a bad name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You give AU baseball a bad name.

And you disappoint the great state of Texas