Ongoing Trials in Ahmaud Arbery and Kyle Rittenhouse Cases.

CoffeeTiger

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You said; “It's a fact that a 17 year-old loaded up his (illegal) assault rifle and went out-of-state looking for trouble”.

I think I interpreted what you said correctly, it is not my fault you didn’t choose your words better.

It was a stupid decision to take part in defending a store during a riot (where was his mother?), but that isn’t what caused two deaths.  Rittenhouse defended himself from being assaulted by people that wanted to harm him.  Playing that game if you take away the first person trying to assault him, none of this would have happened.

To be fair, he wasn't defending property when this happened.  Did he go out that night looking for trouble?  If the answer is yes, he has a problem.  If no, he has a defense.

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

A hung jury is also a real possibility. 

If this happens; do you think the DA will try again?

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I don't know how Rittenhouse comes across in the room, but it doesn't help that he has that punk kid look.

image.jpeg.9c077323368e80bdfbb367ef28d77407.jpeg

This type of thinking worked well for Nick.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He did not transport the rifle across state lines.  That has been debunked.  Also, the gun charge has been dismissed.

If Kyle Rittenhouse was a little slower to defend himself you would have had your answer regarding the gun toting *antifa* zealot. 

Antifa zealot?  Really?  What proof of that exists?

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

If this happens; do you think the DA will try again?

image.jpeg.9c077323368e80bdfbb367ef28d77407.jpeg

This type of thinking worked well for Nick.

He doesn't have that look.

I would say most likely, but he won't charge murder 1 again.

16 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Randomly pulling numbers out of a box doesn't often generate a jury of the best and brightest.  It does provide a cross section of the community though, and looking around, we know what that means.

I look to my right before I pull onto roundabouts, if that says anything about what I think about my local community lol. 

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Antifa zealot?  Really?  What proof of that exists?

Proof???  No, just speculation from outlets.  Then again how can you belong to just an idea?

With a PARAMEDIC cap, a medical bag and a handgun, Grosskreutz volunteered as a medic earlier that night. He was part of the People’s Revolution Movement, a social justice group based in Milwaukee, and attended the demonstration with the group.

https://conandaily.com/2021/11/08/gaige-grosskreutz-biography-13-things-about-wisconsin-man-kyle-rittenhouse-shot/

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You said; “It's a fact that a 17 year-old loaded up his (illegal) assault rifle and went out-of-state looking for trouble”.

I think I interpreted what you said correctly, it is not my fault you didn’t choose your words better.

It was a stupid decision to take part in defending a store during a riot (where was his mother?), but that isn’t what caused two deaths.  Rittenhouse defended himself from being assaulted by people that wanted to harm him.  Playing that game if you take away the first person trying to assault him, none of this would have happened.

So when and where did he obtain the assault rifle? (I haven't been following the trial.)

(Not that any of that matters.)

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I didn't say that. I said he traveled across state lines. 

And if he hadn't done so, he wouldn't be in a courtroom today and two people would still be alive and a third wouldn't have a crippled arm.  But thanks for proving my point.

I hope "hero Kyle" is still liable for a civil suit.  Such poor judgement resulting in deaths and injury demands some accountability.

He is going to get paid huge. So many libel cases from everyone from sleepy Joe to CNN spouting white supremacists even murder. 

5 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

He is going to get paid huge. So many libel cases from everyone from sleepy Joe to CNN spouting white supremacists even murder. 

I seriously doubt it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So when and where did he obtain the assault rifle? (I haven't been following the trial.)

(Not that any of that matters.)

His 19 YO friend bought it for him (illegal) and kept it in Wisconsin. The 19 YO has been charged for his actions.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

His 19 YO friend bought it for him (illegal) and kept it in Wisconsin. The 19 YO has been charged for his actions.

Lying on a 4473 is dumb as hell. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Phht

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Phht

AUGunsmith is wishful thinking about Biden and members of Congress because it's going to be very difficult to successfully win a libel suit against politicians who are pretty much allowed to get away with any kind of speech they want. I agree with a phht on that part.

As for the liberal corporate media, they're definitely going to have some trouble getting out of a libel suit by Rittenhouse.

Video has existed since last year of what took place. There was literally a journalist(Richie McGinniss, Daily Caller) there documenting it last year and helped render aid to one of the people Rittenhouse shot. McGinniss testified and corroborated everything that supported Rittenhouse's defense.

Rittenhouse worked in Kenosha, has several releatives in Kenosha. Yet that was all left out of the framing of this story. The media portrayed Rittenhouse as a white supremacist/domestic terrorist who shot unarmed and peaceful BLM protesters in a town he had no connection to. The liberal corporate media can't pretend several facts didn't exist last year and that they presented the facts as they were at the time.

3 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

AUGunsmith is wishful thinking about Biden and members of Congress because it's going to be very difficult to successfully win a libel suit against politicians who are pretty much allowed to get away with any kind of speech they want. I agree with a phht on that part.

As for the liberal corporate media, they're definitely going to have some trouble getting out of a libel suit by Rittenhouse.

Video has existed since last year of what took place. There was literally a journalist(Richie McGinniss, Daily Caller) there documenting it last year and helped render aid to one of the people Rittenhouse shot. McGinniss testified and corroborated everything that supported Rittenhouse's defense.

Rittenhouse worked in Kenosha, has several releatives in Kenosha. Yet that was all left out of the framing of this story. The media portrayed Rittenhouse as a white supremacist/domestic terrorist who shot unarmed and peaceful BLM protesters in a town he had no connection to. The liberal corporate media can't pretend several facts didn't exist last year and that they presented the facts as they were at the time.

Obviously the politician won't be held accountable no matter how egregious they act. The fact that most aren't in jail for all kinds of shady s*** I'd be poped for is paramount. 

The reference to Biden is just showing the scope of people who jumped on the bandwagon to hate and paint this kid with extreme defamation.  

4 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

K

4 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Don’t hold your breath. He’s only gonna cash in on the sickos that lionize him.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Don’t hold your breath. He’s only gonna cash in on the sickos that lionize him.

Yeah. A lucrative place in the right wing grift machine is there for the taking if he wants it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

He still has to pray that the jury doesn't perceive his actions as those of someone out looking for trouble.  Carrying an AK with 30 rounds of armour piercing ammunition isn't a good look. Having the lesser included offenses included gives the jury a way to compromise, which could  still result in a 20 year prison sentence.

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He still has to pray that the jury doesn't perceive his actions as those of someone out looking for trouble.  Carrying an AK with 30 rounds of armour piercing ammunition isn't a good look. Having the lesser included offenses included gives the jury a way to compromise, which could  still result in a 20 year prison sentence.

That's a hell of a way to frame it. Sounds like he just had it loaded with Ruger556 FMJ. IOW it was loaded with an extremely common and easy to find round. 

It's an easy angle of attack for the stupid. "FMJ is more likely to go through your target, therefore they are dangerous and the defendant was reckless!" v. "Hollow points are more likely to expand and fragment inside the target, therefore they are malicious and the defendant was looking to cause unnecessary pain and suffering! Something something Geneva Conventions..."

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That's a hell of a way to frame it. Sounds like he just had it loaded with Ruger556 FMJ. IOW it was loaded with an extremely common and easy to find round. 

It's an easy angle of attack for the stupid. "FMJ is more likely to go through your target, therefore they are dangerous and the defendant was reckless!" v. "Hollow points are more likely to expand and fragment inside the target, therefore they are malicious and the defendant was looking to cause unnecessary pain and suffering! Something something Geneva Conventions..."

For the majority of Americans, a 17 year old running around showing off his new military style gun is just a bad look.  The Prosecution has not been good all trial, but they had their best day today. Rittenhouse should be very nervous that the jury doesn't split the baby and find him guilty of reckless homocide or a lesser included.

10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

For the majority of Americans, a 17 year old running around showing off his new military style gun is just a bad look.  The Prosecution has not been good all trial, but they had their best day today.

Agreed. Can't say much for Binger's co-counsel but Binger himself weaved a pretty good narrative in closing. Didn't convince me at all but hey I'm not on that jury.

Think Binger is a skilled trial lawyer. Skill can only carry you so far when you're trying to turn chicken s*** into chicken salad. 

10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Rittenhouse should be very nervous that the jury doesn't split the baby and find him guilty of reckless homocide or a lesser included.

Yeah. I'd be worried were I the defense if the jury deliberates long and starts asking for clarifications. 

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Oof tell me you don't know about guns without telling me you don't know about guns. 

Not an AK and 100% definitely not armor piercing. Not even penetrating like encorperated I'm most modern military ammo for better barrier defeating. 

Using the ammo or the gun selection in this for prosecution is 100% pandering to those who are not familiar or knowledgeable about firearms. 

After watching the entire trial, if a jury actually finds him guilty, it won't be from the facts if the case. 

• Like 1