Ongoing Trials in Ahmaud Arbery and Kyle Rittenhouse Cases.

CoffeeTiger

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Also, not serious post; if he gets acquitted (which is very possible) he will be a rich man by suing all of the media outlets that called him a murder and white supremist.  At that point his love life will improve greatly.

Some implied that he was, but who actually claimed that?  The fact that he was charged with murder likely prevents him from getting money from a media outlet that suggested or claimed that the State was correct in its assessment of his actions that resulted in him being criminally charged.

44 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Some implied that he was, but who actually claimed that?  The fact that he was charged with murder likely prevents him from getting money from a media outlet that suggested or claimed that the State was correct in its assessment of his actions that resulted in him being criminally charged.

24 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Here’s an implication from last year:

This is heavy on implication from the President (candidate) Biden in September of last year.

https://theintercept.com/2021/10/30/kyle-rittenhouse-charlottesville-far-right-violence-courts/

In this one there is not an *implication*, the Democratic Rep just out right says it.

If you can stand to listen to this you will find it out right racist.  

So, the media (all encompassing) has propagated this narrative for a while now.  I think he could find a lawyer that can turn this into a big payday.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I don't watch msnbc... which is why I hadn't heard that.  Almost anything that the prosecutor has alleged is fair game, but he could have a claim for some of the other characterizations.  What they will do is pull the Fox defense...... which is that those programs are opinion or editorial in nature meant to entertain.  It is over the line though, I agree with that completely.

Just because it is a stretch, doesn't mean that someone will be liable.  Any semblance of truth to any of it and the case falls.  This type thing is much harder to prove than the defamation cases filed by Dominion over the 2020 election claims.  That is as much of a slam dunk as there is.  With that, you have someone spreading what they know is false information and the company can show damage to their reputation.  The grey area is small.

Edited by AU9377

49 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I don't watch msnbc... which is why I hadn't heard that.  Almost anything that the prosecutor has alleged is fair game, but he could have a claim for some of the other characterizations.  What they will do is pull the Fox defense...... which is that those programs are opinion or editorial in nature meant to entertain.  It is over the line though, I agree with that completely.

Just because it is a stretch, doesn't mean that someone will be liable.  Any semblance of truth to any of it and the case falls.  This type thing is much harder to prove than the defamation cases filed by Dominion over the 2020 election claims.  That is as much of a slam dunk as there is.  With that, you have someone spreading what they know is false information and the company can show damage to their reputation.  The grey area is small.

You do know that Fox/Carlson got that from Rachel Maddow's Defense Attorneys right?

24 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Characterizing him as a domestic terrorist and white supremacist goes beyond calling him a murderer. It's not a stretch that they could be held liable for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You do know that Fox/Carlson got that from Rachel Maddow's Defense Attorneys right?

I don't watch Maddow either.  I also don't watch Don Lemon.  Not everyone at Fox disgusts me, just their prime time circus line up.  People don't draw a line between news and whatever that is, which has resulted in the unfortunate development of what looks like two different realities from a distance.  Up close, the sensationalized pandering and promoting of anything and everything that galvanizes their viewers is really pathetic.  I challenge people all the time to stop watching cable news for a month and make an honest assessment of how what they once viewed as 5 alarm issues are perceived without the constant churning.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I don't watch Maddow either.  I also don't watch Don Lemon.  Not everyone at Fox disgusts me, just their prime time circus line up.  People don't draw a line between news and whatever that is, which has resulted in the unfortunate development of what looks like two different realities from a distance.  Up close, the sensationalized pandering and promoting of anything and everything that galvanizes their viewers is really pathetic.  I challenge people all the time to stop watching cable news for a month and make an honest assessment of how what they once viewed as 5 alarm issues are perceived without the constant churning.

I have only watched Gutfeld on Fox, and only for maybe a segment, since about 2005. I dont watch MSNBC either. Their collective meltdowns when they get story after story wrong are humorous. Joy Reid is a Certified Lyin Ass Homophobe. Rachel Maddow, she is a borderline propagandist these days. 

MENBC and Fox are just two sides of the same coin. They lie, slander, etc every hour on the hour. 

The last election cycle MSNBC called Whites and Blacks, and Latinos that Voted for Biden in 2020 and then for Youngkin in 2021 White Supremacists, and not one peep from the usual suspects here nor anywhere else. I would say I was shocked, but I try not to lie. We have some on this board that would absolutely support ANYTHING, and I DO MEAN ANYTHING, these braindead morons say 24-7-365. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

MENBC and Fox are just two sides of the same coin. They lie, slander, etc every hour on the hour. 

11 o'clock and 1 o'clock

17 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The judge ruled today that the jury could consider whether Rittenhouse provoked the attack.  That also means that there will not be a directed verdict of any kind.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/judge-rittenhouse-trial-will-not-allow-jury-consider-lesser-charge-shooting-2021-11-12/

A win for the prosecution either way. There's plenty of reasonable doubt given the evidence put forth to argue that assertion, but juries are weird. 

On 11/10/2021 at 9:08 AM, AUDub said:

I suspect the gun charge won't be far behind. Read a lot of analysis that the ambiguity of the law makes that one a quagmire too. 

Welp

So closing for the prosecution just tried to argue that since Kyle had a sling, it's unreasonable to think that Rosenbalm could have taken the rifle. 

That Kyle didn't run away from a child molester long enough before standing his ground. 

That kyle, running for his life trying not to shoot anyone while Rosenbalms friend fires his weapon into the air, didn't notice another way to run and thus is guilty. 

That because kyle, when forced to shoot, didn't stop after every shot to check on the guy, is guilty. 

This entire case is a political farce.

#freekylerittenhouse

Edited by AUGunsmith
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 11/13/2021 at 9:52 AM, AUDub said:

A win for the prosecution either way. There's plenty of reasonable doubt given the evidence put forth to argue that assertion, but juries are weird. 

The evidence was so weak its not really a win. Plus the defense destroyed the witness testifying on the video

Just now, AUGunsmith said:

The evidence was so weak its not really a win. Plus the defense destroyed the witness testifying on the video

Don't put too much faith in juries. 

It's a fact that a 17 year-old loaded up his (illegal) assault rifle and went out-of-state looking for trouble.  As a result, two people died and a third was injured.

I wouldn't be celebrating his total innocence in this incident.  He's hardly martyr material.

I can only imagine the reaction if someone who identified as "antifa" did something comparable.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It's a fact that a 17 year-old loaded up his (illegal) assault rifle and went out-of-state looking for trouble.  As a result, two people died and a third was injured.

I wouldn't be celebrating his total innocence in this incident.  He's hardly martyr material.

I can only imagine the reaction if someone who identified as "antifa" did something comparable.

He did not transport the rifle across state lines.  That has been debunked.  Also, the gun charge has been dismissed.

If Kyle Rittenhouse was a little slower to defend himself you would have had your answer regarding the gun toting *antifa* zealot. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He did not transport the rifle across state lines.  That has been debunked.  Also, the gun charge has been dismissed.

If Kyle Rittenhouse was a little slower to defend himself you would have had your answer regarding the gun toting *antifa* zealot. 

I didn't say that. I said he traveled across state lines. 

And if he hadn't done so, he wouldn't be in a courtroom today and two people would still be alive and a third wouldn't have a crippled arm.  But thanks for proving my point.

I hope "hero Kyle" is still liable for a civil suit.  Such poor judgement resulting in deaths and injury demands some accountability.

Edited by homersapien

So the prosecution's closing argument makes it abundantly clear that provocation is their sole angle of attack here.

Binger did his best but it's a line of reasoning that would only work if this is a particularly stupid jury.

• Like 1

I was able to catch most of the prosecution's closing.  That was the best job the assistant DA has done the entire trial.  This thing could go either way, but it is probably more likely than not that they will convict on something, the question is what?  I don't think they will convict on the murder 1 charge, but it is hard to say on the others.  A hung jury is also a real possibility. 

The ADA used the fact that he had an AK and used armour piercing ammunition against him, which I expected.  I don't know how Rittenhouse comes across in the room, but it doesn't help that he has that punk kid look.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I didn't say that. I said he traveled across state lines. 

And if he hadn't done so, he wouldn't be in a courtroom today and two people would still be alive and a third wouldn't have a crippled arm.  But thanks for proving my point.

I hope "hero Kyle" is still liable for a civil suit.  Such poor judgement resulting in deaths and injury demands some accountability.

You said; “It's a fact that a 17 year-old loaded up his (illegal) assault rifle and went out-of-state looking for trouble”.

I think I interpreted what you said correctly, it is not my fault you didn’t choose your words better.

It was a stupid decision to take part in defending a store during a riot (where was his mother?), but that isn’t what caused two deaths.  Rittenhouse defended himself from being assaulted by people that wanted to harm him.  Playing that game if you take away the first person trying to assault him, none of this would have happened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

So the prosecution's closing argument makes it abundantly clear that provocation is their sole angle of attack here.

Binger did his best but it's a line of reasoning that would only work if this is a particularly stupid jury.

Randomly pulling numbers out of a box doesn't often generate a jury of the best and brightest.  It does provide a cross section of the community though, and looking around, we know what that means.