Harsin going to Washington?

Auburn Tiger

2 minutes ago, Jaba4ever said:

I'm torn. I want better recruiting. It is necessary. But every university on planet earth is hiring a coach right now. If he leaves, who do we land?

I have no idea. 

7 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

I’ve liked Harsin (except his sideline demeanor already mentioned) but IF 

He doesn't want to be here, bye.  

Yeah, I agree. I don’t want someone who doesn’t want to be here. 

Please be true. In reality he’ll leverage for a huge buyout and be retained at Auburn only to be fired the following year and end up with enough money to never have to work again and have enough to live in luxury for the rest of his life.

Edited by sevenlee36

Tim Jackson for AD. Steele for HC. T-Will for DC and either Mike Bobo or Patrick Nix for OC. If the latter, Geriner gets his offer pulled and Caleb Nix is this classes quarterback and the starter after next year. Joking but not really.... 

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

Heard Bill Clark has already interviewed and turned down the potential opening at Auburn.  Jay Tate gave him about a 25% - 30% chance of leaving.  Said it wasn't likely.  I'd rather he didn't leave.  Turning over 3 coaches in 2 years would be a mess

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Heard Bill Clark has already interviewed and turned down the potential opening at Auburn.  Jay Tate gave him about a 25% - 30% chance of leaving.  Said it wasn't likely.  I'd rather he didn't leave.  Turning over 3 coaches in 2 years would be a mess

HAHAHAH From who? That sounds ridiculous . "Didn't he already turn us down last year?"

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Hugh Freeze come on down. Bruce got his 2nd chance and Hugh can come have his. Sure he cheats his britches off but we will get the recruits and we will score a bunch. 

No. Auburn does not need that kind of ugliness. And Bruce's transgression was mild. It was nothing compared to Freeze and his speed dial hookers....so sleazy. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

No. Auburn does not need that kind of ugliness. And Bruce's transgression was mild. It was nothing compared to Freeze and his speed dial hookers....so sleazy. 

Auburn needs a winner. Until Auburn gets out of Auburns way, we will be what we are.

The Bruce hire was risky and uncharacteristic for our basketball program. 

Hugh messed up royally but I think he's post that. Bring it on. If Harsin leaves, our options are so limited because we are such a train wreck. We are gonna have to take a chance. 

Cristobal- Maybe if the boosters united and ponied up the money.

Kiffin- Unfortunately for 23, probably wouldn't come. If he leaves it would be for UF or Miami.

Aranda- Maybe if LSU and USC pass on him. Seems like USC will probably snag him though. Would be our best case imo.

Napier- Maybe he'd bite this time if he gets passed up for LSU but wouldn't hold my breath. Could see him at TCU

Steele- Despite being embarrassed last year, he'd probably crawl over glass. Watch out though, as he'd probably keep Bobo since he is old school and we'd go exclusively pro-style with a transfer or Geriner at the helm starting next year.

Freeze- Would be shocked if Birmingham and/or the BOT let this happen.

Bill O'Brien- Would probably come but yikes. Maybe he'd get his Penn State self back somehow.

Jeff Fisher/Dan Quinn- Maybe, but probably not. Would probably be mentioned on a few sites as long shot candidates

Venebles- Would he come this time with Clemson not looking as hot this year? Maybe, but he doesn't seem like a HC and it seems like he's the one that acknowledges it more than anyone.

I'm sure I'm missing a few plus the usual out of nowhere names. Then, you gotta get into the factors such as Gogue retiring, AG being a lame duck, and the boosters all divided. Plus, there are several good jobs open plus UF and Miami probably opening. Would be very difficult and I don't think a lot of our fans are thinking rationally right now at all

7 minutes ago, au302 said:

Cristobal- Maybe if the boosters united and ponied up the money.

Kiffin- Unfortunately for 23, probably wouldn't come. If he leaves it would be for UF or Miami.

Aranda- Maybe if LSU and USC pass on him. Seems like USC will probably snag him though. Would be our best case imo.

Napier- Maybe he'd bite this time if he gets passed up for LSU but wouldn't hold my breath. Could see him at TCU

Steele- Despite being embarrassed last year, he'd probably crawl over glass. Watch out though, as he'd probably keep Bobo since he is old school and we'd go exclusively pro-style with a transfer or Geriner at the helm starting next year.

Freeze- Would be shocked if Birmingham and/or the BOT let this happen.

Bill O'Brien- Would probably come but yikes. Maybe he'd get his Penn State self back somehow.

Jeff Fisher/Dan Quinn- Maybe, but probably not. Would probably be mentioned on a few sites as long shot candidates

Venebles- Would he come this time with Clemson not looking as hot this year? Maybe, but he doesn't seem like a HC and it seems like he's the one that acknowledges it more than anyone.

I'm sure I'm missing a few plus the usual out of nowhere names. Then, you gotta get into the factors such as Gogue retiring, AG being a lame duck, and the boosters all divided. Plus, there are several good jobs open plus UF and Miami probably opening. Would be very difficult and I don't think a lot of our fans are thinking rationally right now at all

Yeah we're not making a HC change after this year. Absolutely no reason why we can't get a quality one in a year or two though. We are not an inferior job to TCU, if that's what you're implying.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah we're not making a HC change after this year. Absolutely no reason why we can't get a quality one in a year or two though. We are not an inferior job to TCU, if that's what you're implying.

Of course not. I just could see Napier finally pulling the trigger and taking that job if LSU doesn't snag him. But yea, we need to get our ducks lined up on an administrative level first. Get the BOT, President, and AD positions figured out. Let the new AD do a full evaluation of the entire department and go from there.