2022 AU Gymnastics

AUreo

Holy crap we tied a DG for her 10!!!! Incredible!

Absolutely fantastic performance tonight.  Wow.  198.575! From each team.  Sucks Florida still gets the outright with that.  Suni and Sofia both with 9.975s

• Like 1

I dont know what happens in a tie. I am new to this

But we just tied for the highest score in the nation for the season. Absolutely unreal

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

We won 3 out of 4 events. Seems like an easy tiebreaker

And all around winner

I hate that we didn't win, but I'm satisfied that we at least tied them. 

I'm super excited that Derrian got her 10 tonight! 

• Like 1

I am incredibly proud of that performance.  These girls brought a championship effort tonight.  As mentioned, we forced Florida to equal us in their best effort all year.  What an amazing meet.  If Suni's name was Trinity on that last floor, she gets a 10.

• Like 2

Kudos to Graba also for starting all 6 vaults with 10.0. And we improved in every rotation.  A meet for the ages.  

50 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

If Florida is number 3 in the nation, what teams are 1&2? (I watch AU but not everyone else!)

Guessing Michigan or Utah and Oklahoma. 

Wow who would have ever thought a play by play for gymnastics for Auburn. Times are a changing on the plains

Thanks for everyone postings shame it ended with a tie but hell who cares we are an Everything sports school

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Wow who would have ever thought a play by play for gymnastics for Auburn. Times are a changing on the plains

Thanks for everyone postings shame it ended with a tie but hell who cares we are an Everything sports school

Totally agree.  And to score the 4th best score ever and best this year?  Now that we've broken that 198 wall, more like busted it down lol, convinced we can win it all this year. 

• Love 1

Suni was oh so close to getting 3 10s in a row for the 2nd week in a row.  None of those deductions were incredibly obvious. She sort of fell out of her pose on the stick landing for bars but she held it long enough IMO. If she can nail her extremely difficult vault, she will have an all time all around with this trend. 

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Women's Tennis won, Men's Tennis won, Softball 2 wins and a no-hitter, baseball wins, and Gym sets a program record. Yeah, it's good to be an everything school!

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Women's Tennis won, Men's Tennis won, Softball 2 wins and a no-hitter, baseball wins, and Gym sets a program record. Yeah, it's good to be an everything school!

Not to mention Basketball won SEC championship this week with a chance to outright tomorrow. Oh its great to be an Auburn Tiger!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Auburn plays tennis???? :poke: as a former AU golfer I take offense to that

• Haha 1

This meet should have been on the SEC network instead of the women's basketball tourney...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

This meet should have been on the SEC network instead of the women's basketball tourney...

Totally. To play for the championship should have been seen by more people on another network. 

maybe they made a ton more money by streaming it?

What a fantastic score and I think there might be still some potential to improve…

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

“Both teams hit the highest score recorded anywhere in the country this season”

”The 198.575 is the fourth-highest score ever scored in NCAA history. The meet marks the highest cumulative score in a two-team meet ever.”

https://oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/one-ninety-eight-auburn-hits-massive-198-milestone-against-florida/article_2164912a-9c2f-11ec-b679-b3956f510a92.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1