2022 AU Gymnastics

AUreo

On 2/26/2022 at 8:56 AM, AUBwins said:

And share the SEC regular season title!!!

Okay please explain how we’d share the title if we beat Florida. If we beat them and we both have 1 loss, don’t we have the tie breaker in the head to head matchup.

1 minute ago, blakem said:

Okay please explain how we’d share the title if we beat Florida. If we beat them and we both have 1 loss, don’t we have the tie breaker in the head to head matchup.

Again, I think they have the same stupid rules in Gym that they have in basketball that same record equals a share.  We will know who's #1 though.  

#6 Auburn vs #3 Florida should be an epic battle this Friday (sold out). Auburn will have to score 198.00+ (would be a school record) to win a share of the SEC championship.

Florida is stacked this year:

- Riley McCusker - 5star Freshman, Team USA, 2018 World champion.
- Leann Wong - 5star Freshman, Silver medal at 2021 Worlds in Japan, Team USA, Olympic Alternate
- Morgan Hurd - 5star Freshman, 2017 World All-around Champion, Team USA, currently injured

- Trinity Thomas - Senior and NCAA superstar (might win the AAI award / Heisman of gymnastics)
- Nya Reed - Senior and NCAA superstar

+ several other top gymnasts who would be superstars at other SEC teams

“This Friday night, they’ll be in the same building, as No. 6 Auburn hosts No. 3 Florida in the biggest home meet in Auburn Arena history.”

If we somehow win this, woohoo!

We can't have slipups. Must stick the landings.  Although we started poorly on Vault only to dominate the last three.  We had as good a final 3 rotations as I've ever seen from Auburn.  Obviously with getting a school record. 

Also who in front of us got a monster score.  Ranking is by cumulative average but we just scored or highest ever and dropped a spot. 

14 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Also who in front of us got a monster score.  Ranking is by cumulative average but we just scored or highest ever and dropped a spot. 

RQS is a complicated formula. I believe the highest score is not everaged in (they take the next highest 5, with at least 3 that must be away from home). 

All that to say, if we break 198 against Florida, then last week's score will count. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Auburn had some great vaults but somehow Florida finished with lead after 1. 49.525 to 49.500. I think Suni went for the Cheng? Great vault but she's been getting deductions on landings.  I think it first vault deserved much higher.  10 start value and stick landing but only 9.85. Kudos to Cassie Stevens with a monster 9.975 vault.  Best for the year for her, maybe of any vault we did this year. 

Florida routines were amazing on bars though.  Very difficult stuff. 

I guess the judges counted the slight step on Suni, so 9.95. That followed a perfect vault by Trinity.  Her 6th perfect 10 and it was legit.  

Florida leads 99.250 to 99.075. On pace for 198 at least.  Our judges still seem so much more technical with us than the opposing team.  Unreal.  I knew with the slight movement that Suni wouldn't get the 10.

We coming to ours and Florida's best event.  Beam and Floor.

Geez they are good.  What can you do?  😆  Suni gets another 10 on beam only for Florida to get another 10 on floor.  We are hanging with them though.  Close enough to steal a win if Florida stumbles on Beam. 

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Our beam…crazy good tonight

Our night has been fantastic.  These girls deserve to finish it out strong and get that 198. We have really stepped up. 

4 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Their floor routines are boring

I think they are just trying to score high.  So keep it simple and technical.  It works obviously.  Most only went 2 passes. 

Florida's highest score this year is 198.25

The highest score nationally this year is Michigan at 198.525

We may lose, but this is very impressive by both teams

• Like 2