Brent Venables on why he passed on the AU job...

Tiger

• Tiger changed the title to Brent Venables on why he passed on the AU job...

I would imagine if you interviewed any candidate who declined Auburn, they'd say the same 

Hopefully whenever Harsin's tenure ends, he gives a definitive answer to whether they forced certain offensive candidates on his staff (as it appears was the case) 

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I would imagine if you interviewed any candidate who declined Auburn, they'd say the same 

Hopefully whenever Harsin's tenure ends, he gives a definitive answer to whether they forced certain offensive candidates on his staff (as it appears was the case) 

Why? What evidence do you have of this? Sure seems he was able to fire Bobo and now seems set to be hiring the person he wants as coordinator. Why would this suddenly change if what your saying is correct? This argument that Harsin was forced to hire (insert name here) is just an excuse used by those wanting to defend Harsin's performance without any actual evidence of it being accurate. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Why? What evidence do you have of this? Sure seems he was able to fire Bobo and now seems set to be hiring the person he wants as coordinator. Why would this suddenly change if what your saying is correct? This argument that Harsin was forced to hire (insert name here) is just an excuse used by those wanting to defend Harsin's performance without any actual evidence of it being accurate. 

I think Harsin had 100% control of his staff.  He's a straight forward coach with a driven personality and he'd never allow others to treat him as a highly paid puppet. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t know, he’s fired two coaches in three months, it looks like he’s in control. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Auburn University - The Chaotic Neutral of college athletics doesn't do it for Brent Venables?

Weak...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Auburn University - The Chaotic Neutral of college athletics doesn't do it for Brent Venables?

Weak...

My favorite part of this is that we get to see who here are closet nerds. 

Side-thread: is AU chaotic neutral? If not, what alignment are we? Answer the question in the form of a bardic saga. 

Edited by Auctoritas
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, miscram6 said:

Here is the full quote:

"I was a little bit nervous.  I really didn't think we had the alignment there that we have here."

Youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAD4KC8mzMo&t=40m00s

What time in the video is this?

6 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

My favorite part of this is that we get to see who here is a closet nerd whose first thought was this when they first read it.

40m00s.  The video link goes right to the start of the comment.

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This is what I tell women when I don't want a second date.

"Sorry, I just don't like the alignment here between us".

Out there taking down numbers and breaking hearts are you?

2 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

What time in the video is this?

IMHO alignment would mean: total understanding and agreement on the mission, philosophy, and strategy of a successful program. Think Alabama and Saban…in this case Saban essentially sets the agenda. I’m sure there is discussion and disagreement, but Saban usually gets what he wants and no negatives spill into public view. Auburn has a long checkered history of booster, PTB meddling on who’s hired, who plays, what facilities get approved, taking a bus instead of flying, etc. In other words there is a lack of alignment from the President to the AD to the administration overseeing the football program. The head coach is ham strung trying to implement his program because of the lack of commitment in what he is doing. Thus you get JABA.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This is what I tell women when I don't want a second date.

"Sorry, I just don't like the alignment here between us".

So you got women asking you for a second date.... do tell stud muffin

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

So you got women asking you for a second date.... do tell stud muffin

Haha. We have a modern day Romeo on our hands. I agree. Do tell your secret!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

Haha. We have a modern day Romeo on our hands. I agree. Do tell your secret!

I think Coffee must have a very very special alignment 

• Haha 3