AU mandate

bigbird

23 hours ago, bigbird said:

Holding to one's belief in the face of overwhelming pressure and ridicule is the opposite of cowardice.

Damn right! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

SCOTUS found it constitutional for STATES do mandate small pox. And they allowed for exceptions. 

Not federal level.

Thanks again homer for a half truth post.

He didn't give a half truth.  He gave a citing to the case.

You would have to admit that Covid impacts interstate commerce.  Under the authority of the US Constitution’s Commerce Clause, the federal government regulates the inspection of meat, poultry, and other foods; the regulation of drugs, biological products, and medical devices; and the regulation of biological agents that have the potential to pose a severe threat to public health and safety.   You would have people to believe that the federal govt has the authority to require cattle be inspected, but not require individuals working for the federal government in any capacity to be vaccinated against an infectious disease?

What makes this vaccine mandate so horrible, while others have been accepted?  I will tell you.  POLITICS.  Ignorant politics.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Damn right! 

You think that is leadership in some way?  Whining and refusing to discuss an important topic is not being a leader of young men.  It just isn't.  Orange and Blue glasses can't shield someone from that glaring lack of leadership.  If someone has a conviction of some kind concerning an issue and that person is in a leadership role, refusing to speak about why they believe whatever they believe is running from a conversation.  If their position is not defensible, they should reconsider their position.  If it is, they should have the backbone and core strength to explain why they believe as they do.

If their belief is based on the teachings of some religious cult, is that not something that people should be aware of?

So if Harsin would have come out and said something along the lines of he hasnt been vaccinated due to the shown potential side effects and a personal belief that those effects pose more of a potential risk to his personal health than the virus itself, what would have been your response? Based on the attacks aimed at his very manhood I would assume you would look at him and say that's a strong leader there. Someone willing to stand by his beliefs in the face of outside pressure. Or would that not have been the response? If not, you're just looking for something to be pissed about and you found it in someone that MIGHT view mandatory covid vaccinations in a different light than you do. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

So if Harsin would have come out and said something along the lines of he hasnt been vaccinated due to the shown potential side effects and a personal belief that those effects pose more of a potential risk to his personal health than the virus itself, what would have been your response? Based on the attacks aimed at his very manhood I would assume you would look at him and say that's a strong leader there. Someone willing to stand by his beliefs in the face of outside pressure. Or would that not have been the response? If not, you're just looking for something to be pissed about and you found it in someone that MIGHT view mandatory covid vaccinations in a different light than you do. 

I would say he's not very intelligent because the evidence overwhelmingly shows that the health risks posed by the vaccine are infinitesimal relative to the risks posed by the virus itself. Even trump wasn't dumb enough to believe otherwise, which is why he fast tracked development of the vaccine.

And no, it wouldn't be a courageous stance. It wouldn't be any more courageous than his current non-stance. Nor would it be courageous if he had said he's vaccinated. It's a logical fallacy to suggest that the mere absence of cowardice equals courage.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

So why didn’t Biden sight this constitutional provision instead of using OHSA?  That doesn’t make sense, I’m sure you have an answer.  Please enlighten us.

Well, I can only assume that he didn't want to accentuate the "mandate" aspects of what he was trying to do.  Pointing out that there was constitutional precedent would have done exactly that.

What's your take?  That he was too senile to realize it? :-\

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, I can only assume that he didn't want to accentuate the "mandate" aspects of what he was trying to do.  Pointing out that there was constitutional precedent would have done exactly that.

What's your take?  That he was too senile to realize it? :-\

No, my take is his handlers knew it could be challenged quite easily and the had to come up with a *work around* using OSHA.

22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, my take is his handlers knew it could be challenged quite easily and the had to come up with a *work around* using OSHA.

I don't know what you mean by "work around". 

What branch of government makes more sense than OSHA to administrate this policy? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I don't know what you mean by "work around". 

What branch of government makes more sense than OSHA to administrate this policy? :dunno:

OSHA is an organization that has protocols for implementing new edicts. They go through a process of evaluations which include public comment before enacting a new rule.  Now, since this was an *emergency* Biden felt the could *work around* this protocol and mandate the vaccine.  As we are finding out, he has overstepped his boundaries.  He is the authoritarian that you feared Trump was by trying to strip Americans from basic rights during an existential threat.

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

OSHA is an organization that has protocols for implementing new edicts. They go through a process of evaluations which include public comment before enacting a new rule.  Now, since this was an *emergency* Biden felt the could *work around* this protocol and mandate the vaccine.  As we are finding out, he has overstepped his boundaries.  He is the authoritarian that you feared Trump was by trying to strip Americans from basic rights during an existential threat.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for OSHA.

https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/ets2

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Doesn't seem to be a problem for OSHA.

https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/ets2

And yet 12 days later:

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/582022-osha-suspends-enforcement-of-covid-19-vaccine-mandate-for-businesses

How’s this for a source that you say I never provide?

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

And yet 12 days later:

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/582022-osha-suspends-enforcement-of-covid-19-vaccine-mandate-for-businesses

How’s this for a source that you say I never provide?

What was your original point again?  Something about a "work around"?

Edited by homersapien

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What was your point again?  :dunno:

(A simple sentence will suffice.)

That OSHA was a work around for Biden to try to enact a vaccine mandate that is unconstitutional.  Pay attention.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That OSHA was a work around for Biden to try to enact a vaccine mandate that is unconstitutional.  Pay attention.

What makes you think OSHA is immune to court rulings?  What would make Biden think that?

Again, like it or not, OSHA is the obvious organization in the executive branch to enforce such a mandate. 

But if you want to make it some sort of nefarious effort on Biden's part to avoid a court ruling - which is impossible at any rate - you go ahead and believe it.  It doesn't surprise me at all. MAGAs will literally believe anything.

But you do understand that the court ruling you presented proves the exact opposite of your thesis, don't you?  OSHA -  just as every other part of the executive branch - is not immune to court rulings.

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1