Nix enters the portal

AUreo

2 minutes ago, nurbis said:

I think he was waiting until after graduation this weekend so there would not be any blow back while he was still in school. 

But he couldn't wait just a few days longer, so as not to recenter all the attention on himself and have people talking about Harsin's players leaving at one of the most crucial junctures of the entire recruiting cycle?

Not buying it. Low class move. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

But he couldn't wait just a few days longer, so as not to recenter all the attention on himself and have people talking about Harsin's players leaving at one of the most crucial junctures of the entire recruiting cycle?

Maybe Gus told him he needs an answer, ha?

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

That is what I am saying, he did it when it was convenient for him. I don't want to speculate if he had other motives in the timing but I think at the very least he was not concerned if the timing would have a negative impact on the team. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mcbowen327 said:

I do not know him personally, but I cannot imagine someone competitive and athletic enough to become a D1 starting QB not wanting to compete suddenly. I can only speak from my love for Auburn but assuming he loves Auburn as he says he does I cannot imagine transferring to another school coming off of a broken ankle and having to compete being more logical than having to compete at a school he supposedly loves and is already proven at. There has to be more than this and it seems the way he delayed his decision seems his heart and his brain were telling him two different things. I am totally reaching here but a senario where he thought Harsin would bring somebody in and would give the new QB an advantage is all I came up with. He can't possibly have enough confidence to transfer hoping to go pro and not enough confidence to stay and win out the starting job next year  it just isn't logical. That is if in fact he isn't just bolting because he views next year as unsalvageable and knows his best shot to the league is somewhere with more talent on the roster. Either way I'm gonna be optimistic about next year because I believe in Auburn and love it!

If BN wants to seriously look at going to the NFL, he needs to strongly look at changing positions. Long list of QBs that have had more success than he, and didn't make it... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nurbis said:

That is what I am saying, he did it when it was convenient for him. I don't want to speculate if he had other motives in the timing but I think at the very least he was not concerned if the timing would have a negative impact on the team. 

I am speculating big time but I will try to do it as little as possible out loud on this site going forward, lol. 

14 hours ago, Tony4AU said:

Not sure if anyone else posted this but read on another site, Bo & Patrick had a list of concerns to Harsin before Bo made his decision.  

Knowing what kind of Coach Harsin is, that move (if it truly happened) was basically Bo signing his death warrant with Auburn football.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

Knowing what kind of Coach Harsin is, that move (if it truly happened) was basically Bo signing his death warrant with Auburn football.

As well it should be if true.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Honestly, he should have announced sooner. I theory, there can be no contact between a prospective coach and a prospective transfer until they are in the portal. That said, it is certainly possible intermediaries (i.e., Pat Nix) could be reaching out to prospective teams.

Regardless, he needs to be in the portal as soon as he can.

• Like 1

Does this create an interest in Tanner Bailey? Not sure if it’s too late to even pursue him, but it sure feels like we need an additional QB to go with D. Davis and Geriner (much love to Finley, but I’m nowhere near sold that he’s a starter).
Bailey is an AU legacy with supposedly a ton of upside. Not sure that he’d want to join a class with Geriner, but after decommitting from Oregon, he doesn’t appear to have a backup plan. 

16 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

I guess he couldn’t tolerate being held accountable for poor quarterbacking discipline.   He’ll probably cuddle up with Gus again so he can run amok and sling the ball wherever.  Good luck. 

Who were these critics? People posting here, or 247, or Rivals, or On3? Why would any athlete take a look at that? Were friends of family relaying what they read? Why would they do that? Was it replies on his social media, the social media his NIL contracts require him to be active on? Never read you mentions is common advice to celebrities on social media. And what is this that people were saying bad things about his family and his fiancé? Where? Social media? Again, if you are the fiancé of a celebrity, you are now a celebrity too, and you should manage your social media so you only see mentions of those you choose to follow. And you should block the haters, and move on.

I don't believe Bo Nix got more grief than others before him. Yes, he got booed against Georgia State, and TJ got cheers. I disagree with the boos, but if Bo Nix got offended by TJ getting cheers, that's on him. I would also point out, that's sports.

The QB is going to get more criticism than any other position. That is just reality.

I realize the criticism of QBs over 10 years ago was before the rise of social media, but we went through a lot of QB turmoil between Nick Marshall and Jarrett Stidham.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed! Passive-aggressive crap.  I like Harsin today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

And that’s a problem. If a player comes to you with concerns, you should hear them out.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, USATiger said:

I hope you are right.  Each has more upside imo

Our starting QB isn't currently on our team

17 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Honestly, he should have announced sooner. I theory, there can be no contact between a prospective coach and a prospective transfer until they are in the portal. That said, it is certainly possible intermediaries (i.e., Pat Nix) could be reaching out to prospective teams.

Regardless, he needs to be in the portal as soon as he can.

Right, he has connects most players don't, giving them the luxury to be selective when he declared.  I respect the kids decision and wish him well, but this is the type of crap that had guys celebrating with Finley in the end zone after they scored, when Nix was the QB on the field.  

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Our starting QB isn't currently on our team

I didn't really think I needed add a disclaimer of, unless we get a better transfer.  We were talking about guys on campus or soon will be.

3 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

What is puzzling is making this announcement 3 days before ESD.

It isn’t if you know the type of people you’re dealing with 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

And that’s a problem. If a player comes to you with concerns, you should hear them out.

Even if he brings daddy with him to fight his battles? Give me a break. Imagine going to your boss to voice concerns with your freaking dad. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, USATiger said:

I didn't really think I needed add a disclaimer of, unless we get a better transfer.  We were talking about guys on campus or soon will be.

Seemed like it was a definitive statement you were replying too.  But of the guys on the team, IMO TJ will be the starter next year if we don't add anyone

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Even if he brings daddy with him to fight his battles? Give me a break. Imagine going to your boss to voice concerns with your freaking dad. 

I mean, virtually ever college athlete in the country has meetings like this with their parents.  They were recruited together out of HS and sold on family.  My current firm didn't recruit my dad and mom before they hired me.

That's not an excuse for Bo, but just most college kids parents are involved like that.

Edited by W.E.D

I guess the Nix's were a little upset Harsin didn't try real hard to keep him from leaving.  Harsin be like, thanks for your time, we'd like to have you back where you will once again have the chance to earn the starting spot.  Doubt Pat liked that.

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Seemed like it was a definitive statement you were replying too.  But of the guys on the team, IMO TJ will be the starter next year if we don't add anyone

I mis-interpreted.  I was sure "Our starting QB isn't currently on our team" meant, definitively, not currently on roster.  Like excluding TJ since he is on the roster, but I'll have to check the portal, it only refreshes every 15

1 minute ago, USATiger said:

I mis-interpreted.  I was sure "Our starting QB isn't currently on our team" meant, definitively, not currently on roster.  Like excluding TJ since he is on the roster, but I'll have to check the portal, it only refreshes every 15

Huh?

I literally said "But of the guys on the team" meaning if we don't sign anyone (just like the post you responded to of "Saying it now DD/HG will be the starter").