Nix enters the portal

AUreo

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Bo was bad.  Eason was bad. Mond was Bad.  We don't have the talent Hurts or Fromm had to cover them up.

Tr Freshmen QBs should rarely start.  I like HG, but let the kid develop before ruining him

I’m not inferring true freshman are routinely putting up Heisman numbers in year one, but they are increasingly starting as true freshman. And define bad. Bo was SEC freshman of the year with wins vs two Top 10 teams and Mond and Eason are on NFL rosters so they obviously weren’t ruined by the experience. Another example more relevant to Geriner, Hank Bachmeier started as a true freshman for none other than CBH and went 12-2.  Optimal for most true freshman to start, maybe not. But trending, absolutely. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m not inferring true freshman are routinely putting up Heisman numbers in year one, but they are increasingly starting as true freshman. And define bad. Bo was SEC freshman of the year with wins vs two Top 10 teams and Mond and Eason are on NFL rosters so they obviously weren’t ruined by the experience. Another example more relevant to Geriner, Hank Bachmeier started as a true freshman for none other than CBH and went 12-2.  Optimal for most true freshman to start, maybe not. But trending, absolutely. 

I am confident Harsin will start who he thinks will help the most, regardless of how long they have been in College.

• Like 3

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I am confident Harsin will start who he thinks will help the most, regardless of how long they have been in College.

Couldn’t agree more. I certainly wont have a say. 😅Some on here are completely discounting a true freshman starting and I don't see that as an impossibility.  

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Just poured out an entire gallon of Milos Tea in spite of Bo Nix

Oh I’m sure Milos just fired him anyways 😂

29 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Go look at the freshman stats of the guys you said are on nfl rosters. They were bad. Mond and Eason were like low 50s comp%.

It's not impossible, but incredibly rare.

Bo was also terrible. I don't care what "his" wins were. Seth won the Oregon game in a bad throw and whatever the other one was

4 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Auburn nation about to boycott Milo’s. Lol. 

Meh. I can complete a cup less than 60 percent of the time. Sometimes it’s good. Sometimes it sucks. Used to be good at home more often than away. Then it started to taste flavorless regardless. I used to worry about that. Then I realized, “Why give a f about tea when all along I coulda been drinking scotch.” 
No analogies here: move along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

I hate to give a “sky is falling post” because I’m usually not that guy. But this feels bad. Bo was about as orange and blue as it gets. If he’s leaving, he clearly has no confidence in this staff.

or himself

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

whatever the other one was

Some team called Bama. But I’m sure you’re prepared to dismiss that one too. 

Edited by Gowebb11

7 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Some team called Bama. 

He was 15 of 30 for 175, a terrine  sub 6 ypa with 1 td pass.

Boobie, Shivers and the defense returning multiple pick sixes one that game.

Again. He was Bad

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He was 15 of 30 for 175, a terrine  sub 6 ypa with 1 td pass.

Boobie, Shivers and the defense returning multiple pick sixes one that game.

Again. He was Bad

Oh that’s right. It was Boobie. 😅

47 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Couldn’t agree more. I certainly wont have a say. 😅Some on here are completely discounting a true freshman starting and I don't see that as an impossibility.  

More than possible. He did it before with Bach. Definitely bring in a transfer and open up the competition. I wouldn't even be shocked to see one of TJ/DD leave after spring if it's clear the transfer/Holden is the guy. Maybe we take another transfer at that point or a second HS QB to prepare for that and get better depth

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Oh that’s right. It was Boobie. 😅

Dude had over 100yds rushing.

I didn't realize you were a Bolevier and want to prop up a QB barely passing for 50% on a season as something good

I wish the he loves Auburn so much stuff would end.....that and the he's such a competitor bull s*** post. The pretending Bo is better than his teammates can now be over

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AUx said:

Meh. I can complete a cup less than 60 percent of the time. Sometimes it’s good. Sometimes it sucks. Used to be good at home more often than away. Then it started to taste flavorless regardless. I used to worry about that. Then I realized, “Why give a f about tea when all along I coulda been drinking scotch.” 
No analogies here: move along.

Lol. That was fun to read about…tea. Only tea. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just tea. I am personally ambivalent towards Milo’s. If it’s in my fridge, cool, I’ll drink some. If it’s not in my fridge, I won’t miss it. 

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The pretending Bo is better than his teammates can now be over

Oh, man. Nobody believed it more than he did. Lol. I’ll never forget him yelling at Seth last year during the USCe game. He did more of it this year, too. I ain’t got time for all that. SMH. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I wish the he loves Auburn so much stuff would end.....that and the he's such a competitor bull s*** post. The pretending Bo is better than his teammates can now be over

100% agree. I saw a post earlier from Malcolm Askew about our two new DB commits where he was congratulating them and excited he was able to host them and help bring new talent to the plains. Dude was our biggest recruiter during his class and still continues to be despite his career not panning out and him barely seeing the field. I’m suppose to believe Bo is more Auburn than that because he grew up going to games? I just ain’t buying it. I rooted for him until this year when I finally seen the writing on the wall. Dude is average at best. The way this entire thing has panned out has made me lose even more respect for him honestly. Making this big show about transferring. Weird. I still hope he finds success at his next destination but I wish that for all our transfers just like everyone else should. Bo Nix is not more Auburn than the other players on our team. It’s that simple. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I know a bunch of people are mad though. Some people have spent years arguing and trying to skew the most mediocre numbers and make this guy be an upper echelon quarterback. All for what now?

I wonder will the next QB get all those benefits of doubt

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I know a bunch of people are mad though. Some people have spent years arguing and trying to skew the most mediocre numbers and make this guy be an upper echelon quarterback. All for what now?

I wonder will the next QB get all those benefits of doubt

No, I doubt the new qb will get that. People seemed to have wanted the hallmark story of the lifelong Auburn fan becomes AU qb like his daddy and plays lights out scenario. He just ain’t got it like that. And the desire for him to be awesome impaired their ability to see the truth. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 1

Like if this stuff is true he didn't give a damn about his team. The most selfish stuff I've ever seen.

Wonder how his PR team is going to do on the board. When he played bad it was he wants to win too bad. When he was benched it was wow look at how he claps for tj! Instead of writing about how Bo AND TJ talking and helping each other it would just be Bo was helping tj.......I want those same people speak on this like he was Seth Williams or that coach who took that job to go to the NFL and all the other people

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Like if this stuff is true he didn't give a damn about his team. The most selfish stuff I've ever seen.

Can we get some additional clarification on "stuff"? I've read he had demands, concerns, wanted guarantees, etc. but no actual info. I honestly have no dog in this fight, BN had my support because he was QB1 but I can't say I was carrying his water though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, selias said:

Can we get some additional clarification on "stuff"? I've read he had demands, concerns, wanted guarantees, etc. but no actual info. I honestly have no dog in this fight, BN had my support because he was QB1 but I can't say I was carrying his water though.

Thankyou. Some folks are full of stuff themselves😀

• Like 2