Nix enters the portal

AUreo

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

At the Mayo Clinic with my wife checking in today and saw this quote.  Seems appropriate for our football program:

20211213_070638.jpg

Prayers sent, buddy. 

Update me later when you get the chance.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This isn't a pure prediction by me, just if we're really talking about a true tear down "to the studs" and we've got everyone around us getting better...that's going to be  really hard mountain to climb. 

I don't think this needs to be a pure tear down, but we've got complete rooms missing (OL mainly)

There were just a lot of presumptuous statements in that post. 

Of course there is a lot of glaring issues to be fixed, but with the Portal I think even a complete rebuild can be done much quicker more efficiently than in the past. We need immediate help via the portal on OL, QB and probably some other spots to stopgap until the rooms are filled with HS recruits. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

What if I told you they were true?

Honestly, I would say don’t let the door hit you on the way out. No player is THAT good.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Of course there is a lot of glaring issues to be fixed, but with the Portal I think even a complete rebuild can be done much quicker more efficiently than in the past. We need immediate help via the portal on OL, QB and probably some other spots to stopgap until the rooms are filled with HS recruits. 

I tried to make that statement in my post, maybe poorly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

The issue is how many good lineman are in the portal and how many can Auburn get fighting with the masses

• Like 2

IF this is true, good on Harsin. Good luck to Bo, yadda yadda, but Harsin has his plan, his vision, his....dare i say.....process?!? thats why he was hired. he may fall flat on his face (i doubt it) but you gotta let the HC do what he does.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, e808 said:

The issue is how many good lineman are in the portal and how many can Auburn get fighting with the masses

Agreed, but higher odds than before the portal existed. 

• Like 1

Here’s the thing: with all the quarterbacks available in the portal, I’m certain we can get a quarterback as good as Bo. I’m also very confident that same quarterback will be better than Bo. I really don’t understand why people are freakin out, starter or not 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

IF this is true, good on Harsin. Good luck to Bo, yadda yadda, but Harsin has his plan, his vision, his....dare i say.....process?!? thats why he was hired. he may fall flat on his face (i doubt it) but you gotta let the HC do what he does.

This needs to be plastered. Why in the world would anyone think this is the way to go about doing it?

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Lol. To me that proves he visits this board. Only people on here could convince Bo that he is even a smidget good enough to try and pull that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

This needs to be plastered. Why in the world would anyone think this is the way to go about doing it?

I saw this in youth baseball. DaddyBall. Most of it ended when the kid turned 12 or 13. The fact that this may still be happening (if true) with the Nix’s is terribly sad. 

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol. To me that proves he visits this board. Only people on here could convince Bo that he is even a smidget good enough to try and pull that

Probably his dad, whom appears to have an over inflated view 

36 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Here’s the thing: with all the quarterbacks available in the portal, I’m certain we can get a quarterback as good as Bo. I’m also very confident that same quarterback will be better than Bo. I really don’t understand why people are freakin out, starter or not 

It's because TJ wasn't good so they think the only way out is to run back to the old guy. I agree with you. Bo is a solid player, but it was clear as soon as Harsin took the job that they were not a fit for each other. Just two different styles. If anything, I was surprised that they didn't bring in their own QB from the start like coaches usually do. Get a pocket passer that has a little more escapability than TJ and we're fine

• Like 3

Just now, AUcivE09 said:

Just came here to see if Bo was at UCF yet. 

I'd love to see him go to UCF and unwind all the good development and progress hire made this year

1 minute ago, au302 said:

It's because TJ wasn't good so they think the only way out is to run back to the old guy. I agree with you. Bo is a solid player, but it was clear as soon as Harsin took the job that they were not a fit for each other. Just two different styles. If anything, I was surprised that they didn't bring in their own QB from the start like coaches usually do. Get a pocket passer that has a little more escapability than TJ and we're fine

I don't really buy into this. Bo is an athletic QB that wants to throw the ball and be a pocket passer. He isn't a run first guy or run often guy.

He wasn't before this year bc he literally had no coaching, but you could see that progress he was making (still really raw).

Harsin and Bobo made him a lot better than he had been at any point in his career. He's got a ton more development to go.

• Like 1

Supposedly Slovis from USC just entered the portal. He was one of the guys I was hoping we'd go after, unless Dart entered. Pocket passer that I believe forced JT Daniels outta town. Harsin please get on him. Send the jet to Seattle to get Davis and pick him up too

1. I wish Bo the best and appreciate his love and what he has done for Auburn

2. I'm glad that we're getting closer on the entire Bo situation. I personally wasn't looking forward to potentially 2 more years of all that surrounds Bo. I understand that he's the best QB we currently have but the inconsistency and roller coaster every week at QB needs to end. 

3. I'm ready for Auburn to find a QB and DEVELOPMENT him! I don't think TJ is that guy but he'll get a chance. Nobody knows what DD can and can't do. I'm just hoping regardless of if our best QB is a freshman or senior, we need to get the best guy at QB so our team can progress each week. Yes, we need OL help but Auburn knows as well as anyone what a dynamic QB can do. 

4. Harsin seems to clearly understand that he doesn't have a long time to get things fixed. I'm still behind him but next year is going to be huge in regards to if he keeps my support. 

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Supposedly Slovis from USC just entered the portal. He was one of the guys I was hoping we'd go after, unless Dart entered. Pocket passer that I believe forced JT Daniels outta town. Harsin please get on him. Send the jet to Seattle to get Davis and pick him up too

I'd love Slovis

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't really buy into this. Bo is an athletic QB that wants to throw the ball and be a pocket passer. He isn't a run first guy or run often guy.

He wasn't before this year bc he literally had no coaching, but you could see that progress he was making (still really raw).

Harsin and Bobo made him a lot better than he had been at any point in his career. He's got a ton more development to go.

He wants to, but he's not there. Definitely got better, but still think it was a weird marriage from the start. I do wish Bo had them from the beginning of his freshman year. Feel bad for him and all the QB's that had Gus as their developer

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Supposedly Bo had a very high opinion of himself despite the product on the field.