Nix enters the portal

AUreo

I'm leaving and I'll come back later to this thread. I'll wait for all the people to come and think Bo should be treated different than all the other players so I'll have examples to make my point.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm leaving and I'll come back later to this thread. I'll wait for all the people to come and think Bo should be treated different than all the other players so I'll have examples to make my point.

He’s gone man, the obsession can die lol he can’t hurt you anymore 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

If the kid has any sense, he and his dad made a phone call to Kiffin before he made his announcement.   

That would be interesting. Doubt Kiffin, or any contender would want Bo, but it would definitely be interesting to watch him in that offense. 

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

He’s gone man, the obsession can die lol he can’t hurt you anymore 

Oh I know you are so hurt 😂

6 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

That would be interesting. Doubt Kiffin, or any contender would want Bo, but it would definitely be interesting to watch him in that offense. 

Probably be a disaster

25 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Sources indicate".... is not sufficient to start trashing Bo, IMO.

Hell must be freezing over. You and I are agreeing😀

• Haha 1

Bo graduated from AU.

He has earned the right to make a decision about his future.  So should he be treated a bit different? Of course. He fulfilled his obligation to come to AU and get a degree. If others do the same, they should be treated the same. 

Anything else is just fans being butt-hurt.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

1. I wish Bo the best and appreciate his love and what he has done for Auburn

2. I'm glad that we're getting closer on the entire Bo situation. I personally wasn't looking forward to potentially 2 more years of all that surrounds Bo. I understand that he's the best QB we currently have but the inconsistency and roller coaster every week at QB needs to end. 

3. I'm ready for Auburn to find a QB and DEVELOPMENT him! I don't think TJ is that guy but he'll get a chance. Nobody knows what DD can and can't do. I'm just hoping regardless of if our best QB is a freshman or senior, we need to get the best guy at QB so our team can progress each week. Yes, we need OL help but Auburn knows as well as anyone what a dynamic QB can do. 

4. Harsin seems to clearly understand that he doesn't have a long time to get things fixed. I'm still behind him but next year is going to be huge in regards to if he keeps my support. 

I want to see DD get a fair chance. Kid has been loyal and even though he has not taken a live snap I do not think he can do any worse than TJ. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

As it always has been, with almost all the guys that fans have criticized for leaving. Especially the ones who were encouraged to leave by their coach.

As for Bo, he certainly has every right to leave, but it was some low rent ass crap of him to drag it out like this and then announce so soon before signing day. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Bo graduated from AU.

He has earned the right to make a decision about his future.  So should he be treated a bit different? Of course. He fulfilled his obligation to come to AU and get a degree. If others do the same, they should be treated the same. 

So basically you make up your own rules vs the transfer rules set out by the NCAA to treat Bo differently

Just now, McLoofus said:

As it always has been, with almost all the guys that fans have criticized for leaving. Especially the ones who were encouraged to leave by their coach.

As for Bo, he certainly has every right to leave, but it was some low rent ass crap of him to drag it out like this and then announce so soon before signing day. 

Maybe he was waiting for a specific bit of information. We may never know. But how does that hurt recruiting? We already have our QB coming in, right? And according to most everyone, Bo sucks anyway. So I guess you could say he helped recruiting...

Bottom line is, neither of us were in the room or in any of those discussions. As this point its not on Bo to concern himself with AU if hes not coming back.  It happens every day in the real world.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Probably be a disaster

He would have some big numbers. Not sure if it would be picks, touchdowns, or both, but the opportunity would be there for all of it.

Highly doubt Kiffin wants him though. He's gotta be going west, ACC, or G5.

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Maybe he was waiting for a specific bit of information. We may never know. But how does that hurt recruiting? We already have our QB coming in, right? And according to most everyone, Bo sucks anyway. So I guess you could say he helped recruiting...

Bottom line is, neither of us were in the room or in any of those discussions. As this point its not on Bo to concern himself with AU if hes not coming back.  It happens every day in the real world.

Yeah, I can tell from how you phrased this that you're not open to a legitimate response so I won't bother crafting one. You keep carrying this kid's water. Not sure why you want to but by all means, keep the faith.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

I want to see DD get a fair chance. Kid has been loyal and even though he has not taken a live snap I do not think he can do any worse than TJ. 

I agree with you 100% regarding DD. I think he has the highest ceiling. I know he's been counted out by some b/c they feel he'd be behind TJ on the chart if he was good. Personally, I think coaches felt we'd be good with Bo and TJ and let DD fully redshirt. Until i see DD in a real game, i don't think anyone can say what he is or isn't. Some thought Malik was good because of where he ended up of the chart. We've had QBs that practiced great but stunk on game day and vice versa. 

Our coaches have got to start correctly developing our QBs and that may have been the idea with DD rather just throw him out there. We simply don't know. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Wasting your time here. Check the history.

I'm tripping off you and your dad come with a list of concerns to be handled....he can't really be that crazy

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So basically you make up your own rules vs the transfer rules set out by the NCAA to treat Bo differently

So he's not allowed to transfer as a graduate according to the NCAA? Who knew I was so good at making up rules....

Please refer to the last line of my post...

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

He would have some big numbers. Not sure if it would be picks, touchdowns, or both, but the opportunity would be there for all of it.

Highly doubt Kiffin wants him though. He's gotta be going west, ACC, or G5.

Ole Miss has been brought up cause the student group chats have been saying it the past week. I think Lane has his choice of QBs this year through the portal so we shall see. 

They also said Bo was out so…. Maybe the student’s inner circle knows. But I think it’s all “clout” so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Wasting your time here. Check the history.

I'm tripping off you and your dad come with a list of concerns to be handled

I don't actually blame them for thinking they had the right to do that. It's how things were for them for two years. 

My goodness, even if we never get the wins we want from this guy, witnessing the culture change is flipping GLORIOUS. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Taco said:

Ole Miss has been brought up cause the student group chats have been saying it the past week. I think Lane has his choice of QBs this year through the portal so we shall see. 

They also said Bo was out so…. Maybe the student’s inner circle knows. But I think it’s all “clout” so far.

I'm in my 20s and don't know about "student group chats" and "student's inner circle." 

Is this a source or outlet? Am I reading this wrong? Is this what it's like to get old? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'm in my 20s and don't know about "student group chats" and "student's inner circle." 

Is this a source or outlet? Am I reading this wrong? Is this what it's like to get old? 

Not really a source or outlet. Just whispers of it comes out on Twitter/forums/Reddit. 

But yeah there’s supposedly auburn students group chat. Fun fact, Bo’s a horrendous tipper at restaurants apparently. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

So he's not allowed to transfer as a graduate according to the NCAA? Who knew I was so good at making up rules....

Please refer to the last line of my post...

He's allowed to transfer when ever he wants.  He doesn't need a made up rule of "he fulfilled his obligation and got a degree" qualifier 

44 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

What is puzzling is making this announcement 3 days before ESD.

I think he was waiting until after graduation this weekend so there would not be any blow back while he was still in school. 

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't actually blame them for thinking they had the right to do that. It's how things were for them for two years. 

My goodness, even if we never get the wins we want from this guy, witnessing the culture change is flipping GLORIOUS. 

I didn't even think about that. You are absolutely right. 

Funny all the crap I caught when I said he was entitled though. I literally said multiple people from the team said this but what do they know right?

• Like 3