Nix enters the portal

AUreo

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

But of the guys on the team, IMO TJ will be the starter next year if we don't add anyone

Don't count out Holden just yet.  Early enrollee too.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Don't count out Holden just yet.  Early enrollee too.

#StopHypingFreshman

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Seemed like it was a definitive statement you were replying too.  But of the guys on the team, IMO TJ will be the starter next year if we don't add anyone

What do you base that on?

• Like 1

Kedon Slovis hits the portal a day after Nix. Anyone know if Harsin has connections with him from the Boise days? He would be a huge upgrade. 

Just now, cbo said:

Kedon Slovis hits the portal a day after Nix. Anyone know if Harsin has connections with him from the Boise days? He would be a huge upgrade. 

I read that he visited Boise during his recruitment. Long time ago though

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

Had a great freshman year but seems to have steadily trailed off since.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

He had injury issues although I don't know the full extent. His fall off was still pretty good. High completion percentage. 

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

65% with really good downfield accuracy.  Sure that's falling off from 70% is Fr year, but that's worlds better than what we've had the last 3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

65% with really good downfield accuracy.  Sure that's falling off from 70% is Fr year, but that's worlds better than what we've had the last 3

I haven’t seen numbers just read an article describing his college career and reason for transferring.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

What do you base that on?

Which part?  The hypothetical race between TJ, HG, and DD?  My opinions/and some from other ppl whom I find informative.  HG is a TrFr and virtually no TrFr QB should ever start, as most TrFr shouldn't.  I don't think DD will ever play a meaningful snap for Auburn.  Seems like a great kid, I just don't think he has an SEC arm and is like 5'9".  That leaves us with a 3rd year player who has a lot of talent with some mixed experience.

I wouldn't be thrilled with any of them, tbqh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

And that’s a problem. If a player comes to you with concerns, you should hear them out.

Concerns are 1 thing. Demands are another matter entirely.

Not saying I know what went down between the Nix's and Harsin. CBH doesn't seem like a coach that would dismiss a player's valid concerns.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I haven’t seen numbers just read an article describing his college career and reason for transferring.

He's definitely trailed off but I think he's still a pretty good QB.  He's put up decent stats through injuries and a failing coaching staff.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Exactly. High accuracy and pushes the ball downfield. Would be very refreshing. 

4 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

What is puzzling is making this announcement 3 days before ESD.

Done on purpose 

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

Just now, bigbird said:

To try and corner CBH and damage him. A very bad look for Pat and Bo

Thanks for clarifying. I'll remove my prior post

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Which part?  The hypothetical race between TJ, HG, and DD?  My opinions/and some from other ppl whom I find informative.  HG is a TrFr and virtually no TrFr QB should ever start, as most TrFr shouldn't.  I don't think DD will ever play a meaningful snap for Auburn.  Seems like a great kid, I just don't think he has an SEC arm and is like 5'9".  That leaves us with a 3rd year player who has a lot of talent with some mixed experience.

I wouldn't be thrilled with any of them, tbqh.

Ask @metafour about DD.  What're hearing meta?

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

If that’s the case, may each of them step on a Lego while barefoot 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Damn, not mincing words.  #TeamHars

• Like 2

Tank loving Auburn more than the Nix family was not the outcome many were expecting, but I'm here for it.  

LETS GO TANK

• Like 1