Nix enters the portal

AUreo

Best wishes to Bo and I hope he is successful in his 4th year and get a high draft pick for the NFL.

Now, next man up! Looking forward to seeing what DD can do on the field in 2022!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Best wishes to Bo and I hope he is successful in his 4th year and get a high draft pick for the NFL.

Now, next man up! Looking forward to seeing what DD can do on the field in 2022!

We really do have some ballers at QB. We are even loaded at running back. Now go get an O-line!

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

HAHAH!  It is not just on a message boards.   We have more entitled fans than an other school.  There are posters on this board that do nothing but post any negative angle they can about Auburn. Some do more damage to Auburn than bama fans.     Some are actual bama fans posing as Auburn fans.    The bama media runs with the narrative.  Some of more Naïve Auburn fans get sucked into the narrative.  Some are so butt hurt over Pus Malzhan  that they will stop at nothing until they get Harsin fired.

As long as we continue to have the large and vocal  lunatic fringe , that demands inflated expectations and wanting to fire a coach as soon as something goes wrong,     Auburn football will  continue to tank.  

Agree some on here are compulsive negative know it alls!

45 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

made all his decisions for auburn,

Did he really say this? Ha. If that is true he is acting like he is Dame Lillard carrying the trailblazers. Good luck to him but that is a bit over dramatic 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Bo and his family love Auburn and he played hard.  Bo and his family also behaved less than ideal behind the scenes.  Not only can both be true, they are true.

I was afraid of this. Sometimes change is best for both parties, sounds like that's the case here. 

7 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh he skipped right on by that Gus being 6-6 in 2015 post.

Because it has nothing to do with the current discussion.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Did he really say this? Ha. If that is true he is acting like he is Dame Lillard carrying the trailblazers. Good luck to him but that is a bit over dramatic 

These comments were out of intended context. We (AU) has to move on and so does he.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

These comments were out of intended context. We (AU) has to move on and so does he.

What context could you take a sentence like that as?

Damn it feels like Bo about to go play for the Miami Heat the way this whole thing went down. 

This is the best outcome for Auburn and for Bo in my opinion and I do not see this as a negative indication of the coaching staff or where the program is headed. I think the ceiling is falling for some of y’all because y’all have been hoping it would since a coaching change was made. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Feels like we're stripping this thing down to the studs.

I don't think anyone is going to have the patience for this for 3-4 years.  Complete rebuild with average to below average recruiting vs the rest of the conference, being 0-6 vs UGA/Bama, losing to LSU/Aggies often, being essentially passed by Ole MIss/Ark over the next 2 years....7-5ish type records in 22 and 23.  Ain't no one got time for that kind of things.

With our existing talent+portal, teams will get better faster than waiting on 4 class to roll through.  '23 class has some momentum, but we'll see where they lands.

6 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Damn it feels like Bo about to go play for the Miami Heat the way this whole thing went down. 

This is the best outcome for Auburn and for Bo in my opinion and I do not see this as a negative indication of the coaching staff or where the program is headed. I think the ceiling is falling for some of y’all because y’all have been hoping it would since a coaching change was made. 

This. Bo needs to go play somewhere that he can ball out against lesser defenses with a good OL. 

Auburn needs to move on because we have probably hit the pinnacle of what Bo can do with us among other things. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

This. Bo needs to go play somewhere that he can ball out against lesser defenses with a good OL. 

Auburn needs to move on because we have probably hit the pinnacle of what Bo can do with us among other things. 

I think it probably would have been better for Bo if he had stayed and won the starting job. I also believe Harsin is determined to get better at QB position and is looking for that in the portal.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I think it probably would have been better for Bo if he had stayed and won the starting job. I also believe Harsin is determined to get better at QB position and is looking for that in the portal.

Maybe so, but I think at this stage of his career he needs the path of least resistance. 

I have no clue where he will go, but if I were him I'd be sending some feelers out west. 

Players are going to go where they believe they can best display their talents.  Best of luck to them, but I think many, if not most will be experiencing some portal remorse as they find the grass no greener. 

While I wasn't keen on the Harsin hire, the man gets his three years minimum to build a team.  Calling for his head at this point makes no sense.  If he doesn't work out, it says more about the AU football program decision-making process than about CBH.  IMO, anyway.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Maybe so, but I think at this stage of his career he needs the path of least resistance. 

I have no clue where he will go, but if I were him I'd be sending some feelers out west. 

Liberty, unless they have already picked up another transfer.

• Like 1

I wish him luck but if ANY of what has been said about him and his dad going to Harsin and bargaining about anything, is true (I have no idea), can you imagine how the team dynamics would be if Harsin actually agreed to any type of demands? 

• Like 1

Just now, BJCrawford said:

I wish him luck but if ANY of what has been said about him and his dad going to Harsin and bargaining about anything, is true (I have no idea), can you imagine how the team dynamics would be if Harsin actually agreed to any type of demands? 

What if I told you they were true?

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't think anyone is going to have the patience for this for 3-4 years.  Complete rebuild with average to below average recruiting vs the rest of the conference, being 0-6 vs UGA/Bama, losing to LSU/Aggies often, being essentially passed by Ole MIss/Ark over the next 2 years....7-5ish type records in 22 and 23.  Ain't no one got time for that kind of things.

With our existing talent+portal, teams will get better faster than waiting on 4 class to roll through.  '23 class has some momentum, but we'll see where they lands.

Screen shot captured. Can't wait to come back to this later.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Screen shot captured. Can't wait to come back to this later.

This isn't a pure prediction by me, just if we're really talking about a true tear down "to the studs" and we've got everyone around us getting better...that's going to be  really hard mountain to climb. 

I don't think this needs to be a pure tear down, but we've got complete rooms missing (OL mainly)