Nix enters the portal

AUreo

7 hours ago, AUwent said:

"Entitled fans with outrageous expectations?" Oh, you mean like being able to keep a generational talent with zero disciplinary problems? This isn't Michael Dyer or Jovon Robinson. If Harsin were actually building something, this wouldn't be happening.

Figure it out.  If you cant see the problem maybe you are part of it!

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

It could also be something as simple as he wants something new and to go somewhere that the fan base may appreciate him.  Kid took a lot of crap for three years.

Probably like a new lease on life to get away from Auburn at this point.

Yeppers.........his experience at Auburn would be like me meeting Todd Howard only to find out he is a huge ass hat😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Bye Felicia. CBH is the hero we have right now. 

Naw he is not a hero, as it stands he is just cryptic-ally tweeting shade like a little ----- while we all have to sit back and try pretend everything is all good while other programs are crushing it in the portal and we hold on hoping we can at least score that 4 star Khurtis perry for the d line while making excuses about Bo and his dad. Sorry not sorry.

No O.c. Still, and are getting decimated in the portal while simultaneously not bringing anyone in. Color me beyond concerned.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

If a message board made him decide to transfer, that’s all we need to know about him. But I don’t think it was message boards and fans that made him leave because I don’t think he’s that petulant.

I think Harsin was opening up the QB competition, and the Nixes didn’t care for that. I think Bo believed in the power of his last name, and Harsin didn’t. But I’m just speculating. 🤷‍♂️

HAHAH!  It is not just on a message boards.   We have more entitled fans than an other school.  There are posters on this board that do nothing but post any negative angle they can about Auburn. Some do more damage to Auburn than bama fans.     Some are actual bama fans posing as Auburn fans.    The bama media runs with the narrative.  Some of more Naïve Auburn fans get sucked into the narrative.  Some are so butt hurt over Pus Malzhan  that they will stop at nothing until they get Harsin fired.

As long as we continue to have the large and vocal  lunatic fringe , that demands inflated expectations and wanting to fire a coach as soon as something goes wrong,     Auburn football will  continue to tank.  

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

A lot of you are showing your true colors on this thread.  Since Bo stepped on campus he has been all-Auburn.  He grew up going to the games.  He has known nothing but Auburn.  This is not an easy decision to make, just like it wasn't for Worm.  If you actually attended games you would see away from the cameras on the sidelines he wanted nothing but the best for his school.  He gave it everything he had every time he set foot on that field.

If he wants to do everything he possibly can to have a chance at the NFL, he needs to transfer.  Every single season he has had to run for his life.  Zero help from the offensive line.  It will be the same way next year.  Same thing with Worm and Tank.  That is probably one of the top reasons they are leaving.  Their talent can't shine through with bad offensive line play.  

Bo Nix doesn't owe us anything else.  And so what if he wants to play a season under his father at the collegiate level?  Who wouldn't want to be with their dad?  That is his family.  Why are so many of you acting like he owes you something when you won't even show up for a football game yourselves?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

A lot of you are showing your true colors on this thread.  Since Bo stepped on campus he has been all-Auburn.  He grew up going to the games.  He has known nothing but Auburn.  This is not an easy decision to make, just like it wasn't for Worm.  If you actually attended games you would see away from the cameras on the sidelines he wanted nothing but the best for his school.  He gave it everything he had every time he set foot on that field.

If he wants to do everything he possibly can to have a chance at the NFL, he needs to transfer.  Every single season he has had to run for his life.  Zero help from the offensive line.  It will be the same way next year.  Same thing with Worm and Tank.  That is probably one of the top reasons they are leaving.  Their talent can't shine through with bad offensive line play.  

Bo Nix doesn't owe us anything else.  And so what if he wants to play a season under his father at the collegiate level?  Who wouldn't want to be with their dad?  That is his family.  Why are so many of you acting like he owes you something when you won't even show up for a football game yourselves?

Some of y’all need to read this over and over until you finally get that breakthrough in your pea sized brains that you so desperately need.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

HAHAH!  It is not just on a message boards.   We have more entitled fans than an other school.  There are posters on this board that do nothing but post any negative angle they can about Auburn. Some do more damage to Auburn than bama fans.     Some are actual bama fans posing as Auburn fans.    The bama media runs with the narrative.  Some of more Naïve Auburn fans get sucked into the narrative.  Some are so butt hurt over Pus Malzhan  that they will stop at nothing until they get Harsin fired.

As long as we continue to have the large and vocal  lunatic fringe , that demands inflated expectations and wanting to fire a coach as soon as something goes wrong,     Auburn football will  continue to tank.  

What's naive about being 13th out of 14 teams in recruiting? What narrative are the bammers laying out as we watch tank and a seasoned all auburn qb transfer? That's reality.. As long as we continue to temper our expectations and deny the reality we will continue to be okay with this and make excuses. Writings on the wall best I can tell.. I wish harsin the best but I don't think he is going to last very long next year. I want nothing more than to be dead wrong.

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If he wants to do everything he possibly can to have a chance at the NFL, he needs to transfer. 

We get that he'd like to try his hand at another program to help boost his chances, but he isn't an NFL caliber QB and I don't see that changing in a short time. I could see him heading to Liberty with Freeze, to UCF with Gus or with Ole Miss and Kiffin if he'd have him. Best of luck to him where he lands, but I'm focused on the guys that are staying with or joining Auburn next season. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Naw he is not a hero, as it stands he is just cryptic-ally tweeting shade like a little ----- while we all have to sit back and try pretend everything is all good while other programs are crushing it in the portal and we hold on hoping we can at least score that 4 star Khurtis perry for the d line while making excuses about Bo and his dad. Sorry not sorry.

No O.c. Still, and are getting decimated in the portal while simultaneously not bringing anyone in. Color me beyond concerned.

I do not understand all this crying.  Good lord at the whining. Decimated in the portal? We are losing a mediocre QB and a talented, but far from irreplaceable RB. Big whoop. It's been less than 24 hours. The sky is not falling.

You were probably one of those that thought we were in good hands under the previous regime...being satisfied with perennial 8-4 and losing to our main rivals. 

I am not happy about losing either player, but if they don't want to be here then Bye to them as well. We need a culture change from a decade of bad culture and if players can't fall in line and buy in then it is best for ALL parties to get gone. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Man, I wish all the players get thought about like this

• Like 5

8 hours ago, autigeremt said:

go put on your black and gold and move to Orlando 

I live in O'town well Winter Park actually but who knows where Winter Park is. Seriously you seldom see any black and gold worn here maybe a ucf cap every now and then. i get War Eagles every day down here. Plus Mikey would not like O'town two many Mickeys located here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

At the Mayo Clinic with my wife checking in today and saw this quote.  Seems appropriate for our football program:

20211213_070638.jpg

Hope everything is ok!

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Time to hurry up and wait . Bo can rescind his name and come back to AU

I’m afraid the damage in the locker room after all this speculation has been done.  I’m not sure Harsin would welcome him back at this point. 

• Like 2

This is actually a very similar to the program itself. Unreal expectations and then everybody's upset that people didn't live up to the hype that never should've been expected in the first place

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I'm focused on the guys that are staying with or joining Auburn next season. 

This is where I am about it. I want to focus on the players who want to be here.

Now, how do we get recruits to want to be here. Haha. I like the team mentality Harsin is trying to build, but he’s fighting an uphill battle when the NCAA is doing things that foster an “I” mentality. 

Also, I literally just heard a jet take off from the Auburn airport (I live like about a mile away from it). Hope that’s Harsin going to get some recruits. Lol. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger

Good luck to Bo. He came, he tried, he's moving on. We have more urgent needs (OC, OL) at the moment and until that's squared away, it won't matter who the QB or RB is.