Can we talk about the officiating problem?

ScotsAU

6 hours ago, jared52 said:

P5 needs full time refs like NFL. Year-round training in order to be able to handle the speed and level of the game. Demote or remove refs who consistently underperform or fail in crucial situation. 

Right. If the players can receive hundreds of thousands of dollars to play, and school programs receive millions from TV, attendance, etc. then let's pay the referees good money and hold them accountable.

Are these games even reviewed by the SEC office as far of the refereeing is concerned?

it was that dirty bill clark. he paid the refs cus he did not want no stinkin auburn team winning on his home field.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

it was that dirty bill clark. he paid the refs cus he did not want no stinkin auburn team winning on his home field.

You know what... I buy that.

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2021 at 8:06 PM, JBiGGiE said:

Piss poor officiating today. Smoke body-checked his man on the interception return and I have no doubt that the refs weren't going to allow a second overturn on the same player. Wrong call, but good optics.

The Simpson ejection was unconscionable. Replay showed him clearly twisting his body to avoid the targeting, and more importantly I am getting fed up with targeting getting called every time a QB gets hit while going down. It is almost as pathetic as in the NFL calling a roughing-the-passer whenever the QB is bumped.

How you miss intentional grounding is beyond me and should 100% warrant demotion... Possibility even a fine if I had my way.

Poor execution did us no favors, but we were in position plenty of times to put this game away without the striped-shirt knuckle-draggers screwing us in this match-up.

There were missed calls like the grounding and the holdings in their 4th down play...but the two targeting ejections were correct calls wrt the rules

For those who aren’t watching, Tennessee is probably about to lose their bowl game on a bad call as well. Not that I give 2 s***s about UT, but yet another example of a huge call.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

For those who aren’t watching, Tennessee is probably about to lose their bowl game on a bad call as well. Not that I give 2 s***s about UT, but yet another example of a huge call.

It’s definitely rampant. That UT call was horrendous. They let the dumbest plays keep going so they can use replay, and then stop this one? Pathetic!

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

That entire game was an officiating embarrassment.   NCAA should be ashamed of itself for putting refs like that on the field.

Edited by EagleEye67
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 10:56 PM, SumterAubie said:

Right. If the players can receive hundreds of thousands of dollars to play, and school programs receive millions from TV, attendance, etc. then let's pay the referees good money and hold them accountable.

Are these games even reviewed by the SEC office as far of the refereeing is concerned?

Well the bowl games are officiated by neutral conference referees. So our game was reffed by Pac-12 and the Tennessee debacle was reffed by ACC refs so I am not sure who reviews it.

On 12/28/2021 at 3:25 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

There’s really no such thing as a holding call anymore.  Refs won’t call it unless the holder happens to be stepping in the refs toes. I saw one of their guys literally take a dive at our defensive lineman’s legs and chopped them right out from under him.  It’s pathetic.  

Cut blocks are not illegal unless the defender is engaged with another offensive player, and are not considered holding.

Hell, y'all think our game was bad officiating, did you see the Tennessee bowl game?

• Like 1

I don’t understand how officials (in any sport) are never held accountable for their actions. That’s the biggest red flag of all. They’re not infallible. It’s such a joke.