Am I the only one?

Beaker

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Sometimes people look at me funny when I tell them I didn't watch the championship game if bama played.  I have to explain why and so forth and they usually don't get it - I live in Texas.   Last time I watched bama play a game other than the IB, was when they beat Texas over 10 yrs ago.  I was at a watching party and my wife wanted to go and be social.  

Am I the only one who won't watch them play?  Not sure I have seen Georgia play in the last 4-6 yrs except when it was against Auburn.

I'll watch everyone else play, but I just don't care to watch those two programs. 

Am I alone on this?   I have lots of ways to spend my time, watching them just  is not in my top fifty (no offense @aubiefifty).  

i should be aubie66 now for the record..............grins.

• Haha 1

I don’t ever watch any bammer games aside from the Iron Bowl. I just assume they will dominate and it makes me mad. And they usually do. 

• Like 4

Nope. I have zero interest in watching most SEC teams outside of Auburn.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Sometimes people look at me funny when I tell them I didn't watch the championship game if bama played.  I have to explain why and so forth and they usually don't get it - I live in Texas.   Last time I watched bama play a game other than the IB, was when they beat Texas over 10 yrs ago.  I was at a watching party and my wife wanted to go and be social.  

Am I the only one who won't watch them play?  Not sure I have seen Georgia play in the last 4-6 yrs except when it was against Auburn.

I'll watch everyone else play, but I just don't care to watch those two programs. 

Am I alone on this?   I have lots of ways to spend my time, watching them just  is not in my top fifty (no offense @aubiefifty).  

Nope I do the same thing, don't much care for either so they don't get my attention lol.

• Like 1

I don't for the life of me understand why anybody other than bama or Georgia fans watched those games. Barely any competition. Everybody knew who would win. The last thing I want to do is watch our two biggest rivals win championships again and while my team is a runner up in the friggin Birmingham bowl and still in a rebuild stage while they are playing some of the best football their programs have seen. SMH. I like college football and could understand if this hadn't happened so frequently recently with them being so good and us being out of the picture I would probably watch but no.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1

You’re not alone.

I never watch bammer outside of the IB. I really don’t watch many games if any when AU isn’t playing.

I really don’t care what bammer or any other SEC team does. I’m not one of those S-E-C, S-E-C guys.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I guess I am different. I love CFB period, even if that means watching teams that I hate. I will watch Flintville JR High school for the blind play Diarrhea University in the Toilet Bowl, I don't care. I love watching football. 

I would even go as far as to say I love to watch teams that we are going to be facing. I like to know what they have and what they like to run. To each their own. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I don't for the life of me understand why anybody other than bama or Georgia fans watched those games. Barely any competition. Everybody knew who would win. The last thing I want to do is watch our two biggest rivals win championships again and while my team is a runner up in the friggin Birmingham bowl and still in a rebuild stage while they are playing some of the best football their programs have seen. SMH. I like college football and could understand if this hadn't happened so frequently recently with them being so good and us being out of the picture I would probably watch but no.

It’s CFB on NYE man it’s not that crazy of a concept lol I’m at the beach and it’s an awesome combo. Also with nothing but Georgia fans fwiw

The talent is something else. Sick of it. Wish we had a better OL so Bama wouldn’t have been in it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love college football, so yes I'll watch the games...especially the National Championship 

• Like 3

on yahoo news today is an interesting article of how saban has ruined college football. i tend to agree. it is not fair for one or two teams to get all the five stars especially when they have been caught cheating to get them and nothing is done because they have a special protector to fix things for them. i am not sure what the solution is but where is the glory of winning when you cheat like hell?

• Like 1

Jeez....

How many of you ppl watch 1 single game each weekend?  Auburn and nothing else??

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Jeez....

How many of you ppl watch 1 single game each weekend?  Auburn and nothing else??

Me. I don't have the time nor the passion for college football anymore. As I've gotten older more things are important in my life than watching games with teams I could not care less about.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Jeez....

I watch other teams just not those two🤣

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Jeez....

Me.

I didn’t have access to watch college football for about three years or so, Auburn included. (I was living in Mongolia)

I found out that I could live without it.
Now that I have access again, I love watching AU play but I can do without the rest of the the games.

I’m more of a baseball fan.

I can watch MLB like you can college football 

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

No, you are not alone. I never, ever watch or follow anything Bama until the Iron Bowl. I do keep up with UGA a little since our daughter-in-law is a graduate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

I have zero interest.  With any luck, the ratings will be the worst ever.  I cannot express enough how sick of the same teams every year I am.  College football is slowly dying.  

• Like 2

I watch any type of football. It just a game at the end of the day and I like to see how these top tier athletes perform.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Jeez....

I don't watch much outside of Auburn. If I do it is usually because I am at somebody's house and they are watching. I still love Auburn so I watch them but I have lost a lot of interest in sports in general over the last few years for various reasons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Jeez....

Quite a bit of them as you can tell by some of the things that say on here. 

• Haha 1