It's all about the QB

WarEagle231

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Eh, Bo wouldn't have completed a single one of those deep passes.  That was the difference that game

He probably would’ve, but even if he didn’t, he wouldn’t have needed to if he kept hitting the TEs that he did well here and that Alabama had no defense for. Stetson also had Pickens whos pretty comparable to Seth, and they had a 20+ yard report. 

On 1/11/2022 at 11:43 AM, WarEagle1983 said:

Thus why i'd like to see DD get a real opportunity in an actual game. But i doubt CBH will have the time to build if we go 6-6 or worse next season.

He'll get at least another year regardless, but how hot will his seat be coming into '23 if we do go 6-6 or worse?

On 1/11/2022 at 9:45 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We had a better version of what Bennett is for the past 3 years 

That's hilarious, but I could've predicted every like

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's hilarious, but I could've predicted every like

Guy's Y/A is like 70% higher than Bo's.  Bo wouldn't have made a single one of the game changing deep throws from Monday.

To borrow and modify a quote from Field of Dreams "Build a line and they will come". Also, provide really good and provable QB development.

I've

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Guy's Y/A is like 70% higher than Bo's.  Bo wouldn't have made a single one of the game changing deep throws from Monday.

People will blame everybody else for Bo as long as he lives

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

People will blame everybody else for Bo as long as he lives

The stark difference between Fr/Soph Bo vs TJ's performance was pretty telling.  I'm shocked the vast majority have no faith in TJ ever being able to develop even though he's only been at Auburn for 5 months.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

We do it just to bug you.

Well then you won't have any bad feelings when I bug you all back pointing out the hypocrisies involved!

50 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well then you won't have any bad feelings when I bug you all back pointing out the hypocrisies involved!

I never have. Can’t speak for all though.

12 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I never have. Can’t speak for all though.

Well I don't think you should say we do it if you never have. That's counter productive imo

3 hours ago, au302 said:

The one thing Calzada can supposedly do well is throw a deep ball right? Don't think I can take another season of overthrows 

This . All I want is make a wide open fade pass. Holy crap 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well I don't think you should say we do it if you never have. That's counter productive imo

I just said I never have had bad feelings when you did it. Not that it doesn’t bug me . Probably should not of used the collective “we” when I said it. lol

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Without it the two teams in the championship aren't there. The team that won doesn't win. It's a pretty big deal lol. You need your qb to at the least be able to hit some deep throws. 

I feel some convince themselves that it's not a big deal😂

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I just said I never have had bad feelings when you did it. Not that it doesn’t bug me . Probably should not of used the collective “we” when I said it. lol

Ahhh got you! I understand better now

Just now, cole256 said:

Without it the two teams in the championship isn't there. The team that won doesn't win. It's a pretty big deal lol. You need your qb to at the least be able to hit some deep throws. 

I feel some convince themselves that it's not a big deal😂

Honestly I feel like a couple of missed passes like that changed the momentum and trajectory of a couple of winnable games this season. It wasn't the sole reason but we got to have those.

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Honestly I feel like a couple of missed passes like that changed the momentum and trajectory of a couple of winnable games this season. It wasn't the sole reason but we got to have those.

Absolutely. And I know Penn st would be one of those on your list and if we are riding the wave and we're undefeated going into the latter part of the schedule who knows?

Owen was out virtually all this season but healthy, he'd also be in the starting mix for both Bama & UGa.

Edited by aucanucktiger

23 hours ago, DAG said:

But if he can't hit the intermediate passes consistently to move down the field, we will not have a good offensive passing game. those are what keeps drives alive. 

It will be great IF we have a deep threat who can go get it too. Only JJ did I see any promise and he is small. We need that bigger stronger guy that also go up and get those long passes. 

On 1/13/2022 at 12:58 PM, ScotsAU said:

A week or so ago, people were reporting that we aren’t done at QB. Has anyone heard anything regarding another transfer?

I think we are now looking at Robby Ashford the QB transferring from Oregon, who is from Hoover. They think they will need him to fill out the roster of 4 qbs going into spring. Mainly bc they feel DD is going to transfer.

So in the spring we have, Calzada, Finley, Geriner, and Ashford to work with. JMO though...

7 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

But if he can't hit the intermediate passes consistently to move down the field, we will not have a good offensive passing game.

Come on man. That goes without saying.