Auburn ranked #2 in AP poll

Maverick.AU

Just now, BJCrawford said:

Just not right…

Seemed like an effort to keep AU out of that top spot, but oh well, give this team another chip on their shoulders

• Like 3

Wish I could say I'm surprised, but I expected it. It's why the polls are considered worthless when it comes to actual rankings. Always some idiot that either has an axe to grind, biased, lazy, or just desperate for attention. Putting us at 9 tells me this guy just wants attention and thinks he knows better than everyone else.

• Like 2

Jesse Freaking Newell. DROPPED us a spot.

After going on the road and winning two games.

AFTER beating HIS 17th ranked Alabama. On the road. He puts us at 5 and we tie.

Edit: Sorry it was the 18th ranked Alabama. I was looking at his ballot from last week. Alabama has lost 3 games in a row and only dropped one spot for him.

Edited by tgrogan21

This is a completely absurd poll. A team has a whopping 11 first place votes over another and we’re behind them? And what’s more is that Newell put us at 9. This same voter also placed alabama at 18. Last week Newell put us at 8 and alabama at 17, and we suddenly dropped a spot after beating alabama. This is flat out ridiculous. We’re the only team in the nation that has not lost in regulation. If they want go by head to head, we have a common opponent in alabama and we won at alabama while gonzaga lost to alabama at a neutral court. It gets more maddening the more you think about it.

• Like 4

It’s guys like Jesse Newell that need his position as an AP voter revoked. He clearly isn’t watching the games - he’s only copying what the KenPom poll says. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Last week Newell put us at 8 and alabama at 17, and we suddenly dropped a spot after beating alabama. This is flat out ridiculous.

….breaking a 17 game win streak at Coleman, as well as another SEC road win, AND in addition to that all of the losses in front of us.  That makes no sense at all!!!   

19 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Jesse Freaking Newell. DROPPED us a spot.

After going on the road and winning two games.

AFTER beating HIS 17th ranked Alabama. On the road. He puts us at 5 and we tie.

Edit: Sorry it was the 18th ranked Alabama. I was looking at his ballot from last week. Alabama has lost 3 games in a row and only dropped one spot for him.

The dude has a link in his bio of an al.com story done about him when he didn't rank AU in February of 2020 after we beat Kentucky. He even has the gall to say "the goal is to be as objective as I can be", but the fact that he has that article in his bio tells me all you need to know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The dude has a link in his bio of an al.com story done about him when he didn't rank AU in February of 2020 after we beat Kentucky. He even has the gall to say "the goal is to be as objective as I can be", but the fact that he has that article in his bio tells me all you need to know.

Yep. Is he still butthurt from the beatdown we gave the jayhawks? Wonder where he ranked them. Obvious bias from a total maroon.

Edit: He ranked KS at 8. Clowns like this should be removed from the process immediately.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

It's insane to me. I get he uses Kenpom but he clearly still switches them around. Kentucky is 4th in Kenpom but he ranked them 7th. He CHOSE not to move Auburn just because he's still mad that Auburn tore the brakes off of Kansas.

21 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

It’s guys like Jesse Newell that need his position as an AP voter revoked. He clearly isn’t watching the games - he’s only copying what the KenPom poll says. 

Yep. If he's going to just basically copy and paste Kenpom and then move a few teams around we can just give his vote to a computer. Now we have to go through a TOUGH Kentucky team to get another shot at #1. This could and should have been the 1st time Auburn was ranked 1st and now we might not see it this year unless we win against KY or win out in April.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

Hi, my name is Jesse Newell and I don't know how to think for myself.  I just copy other people's work, shuffle a couple of things, and turn it in so that I can get credit.

• Like 1

The Zags will not lose another game until the tournament.  There is no competition in the WCC.

We, on the other hand, are bound to slip up at least once or twice in the next 13 games because the SEC is just that strong.  

We deserve #1.  We didn't get it.  But in the words of CBP, "It's not how you start.  It's how you finish." 

As long as we win our last game, we will be National Champions.  😁

Edited by Turd Ferguson
  • Like 4

One thing is for certain, though. Auburn used the "4-14" disrespect in the media. After the video posted last night with Bruce's speech you best believe Kentucky is going to face a pissed off and fired up Auburn Basketball team. If I was KY I would be very scared.

• Thanks 1